Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Mike Mentzer was nuts, and his methods were the rantings of an insane drug addict, and have been proven to be massively flawed by study after study, and by professional athletes and their coachs over and over... I cannot see HIT being useful other than as a deload week between effective workouts, and I could easily come up with more effective deload workouts. Having studied under Mentzer is not a plus.

Stang I'm not a 19-year-old, struggling to reach a 500 lbs deadlift. I've been at the iron game a long time, and have a very good idea of what works, what doesn't, and what methods various professional sports teams, individuals, competative bodybuilders and others use. I thought this thing sounds a bit gimicky, but was willing to let the man pimp his wares and make a $ for his efforts. However HIT? He lost me even mentioning Mentzer... although perhaps he would explain in detail what he means by using HIT as part of the routine. When I hear "HIT" I assume a single set to failure (usually with some type of continued set... we know from every study ever done single sets for a lift are extremely ineffective... volume, workload, and cumulative fatigue are what build muscle mass)... combined with rediculously long wait times before training a muscle group again...
    I appreciate you keeping this mature. This forum gets filled with incoherent rants from so-called experts all the time and it is good to see someone that can hold an intelligent conversation. It seems to be "post count ='s experience"?????? Anyways, with that said, knowing what is inside the BluePrint, I assure you "HIT" is utilized in a particular manner at a particular time, not exactly what most believe it to be. That is why when we start to speak on the use of particular workings of "The BluePrint" people do not know the whole story of the use of that program and judge and do not believe it. We (including you I am sure) would completely RESPECT someone's opinion of the program if they have actually gave it a shot and EXPERIENCED it. However, it is hard to listen to someone who has no experience with it (Kirra and Peter Gibbons). In fact, it seems to me to be a little bit of envy and I am okay with that. Does that make sense?

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 5.0stang View Post
    I appreciate you keeping this mature. This forum gets filled with incoherent rants from so-called experts all the time and it is good to see someone that can hold an intelligent conversation. It seems to be "post count ='s experience"?????? Anyways, with that said, knowing what is inside the BluePrint, I assure you "HIT" is utilized in a particular manner at a particular time, not exactly what most believe it to be. That is why when we start to speak on the use of particular workings of "The BluePrint" people do not know the whole story of the use of that program and judge and do not believe it. We (including you I am sure) would completely RESPECT someone's opinion of the program if they have actually gave it a shot and EXPERIENCED it. However, it is hard to listen to someone who has no experience with it (Kirra and Peter Gibbons). In fact, it seems to me to be a little bit of envy and I am okay with that. Does that make sense?
    He could very well be using a different definition of HIT than what most of us think of when we hear the term also, which is why I left him the option to clarify. I personally, even though it seemed nuts, actually tried HIT (hell I even tried Power Factor training once after reading the book... I lost muscle and strength on both methods). My personal deadlift PR (615 raw x2) was set while doing deadlift singles 5 days a week. Yes I can respect the fact that someone gave something a try, and their gains, or even losses on it, as I certainly did a lot of experimenting my first 3 years.

Although I think Mixel should keep in mind that people like All Pro (with 30+ years of training experience) post some pretty amazing routines for both novice and intermediate bodybuilders, and runs extensive Q&A threads for people who follow them... and they are free. He is competing for sales here against people doing the same thing for free.

Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mike Mentzer was nuts, and his methods were the rantings of an insane drug addict, and have been proven to be massively flawed by study after study, and by professional athletes and their coachs over and over... I cannot see HIT being useful other than as a deload week between effective workouts, and I could easily come up with more effective deload workouts. Having studied under Mentzer is not a plus.

Stang I'm not a 19-year-old, struggling to reach a 500 lbs deadlift. I've been at the iron game a long time, and have a very good idea of what works, what doesn't, and what methods various professional sports teams, individuals, competative bodybuilders and others use. I thought this thing sounds a bit gimicky, but was willing to let the man pimp his wares and make a $ for his efforts. However HIT? He lost me even mentioning Mentzer... although perhaps he would explain in detail what he means by using HIT as part of the routine. When I hear "HIT" I assume a single set to failure (usually with some type of continued set... we know from every study ever done single sets for a lift are extremely ineffective... volume, workload, and cumulative fatigue are what build muscle mass)... combined with rediculously long wait times before training a muscle group again...
    You'd be interested to know then, that it's used within a workout predicated upon volume, workload and cumulative fatigue with two other very effective, complimentary training applications. I don't prescribe it for hypertrophy, as anyone familiar with bridge workouts 1-5 can tell you. Rather, it sets the table for your Alpha Strength (or absolute strength, if you prefer) which then propels you into a loading pattern.

You see folks, it's like any great chef will tell you - You don't make a great dish, with any one ingredient. You're all assuming the worst and in fact, missing the point entirely. I don't particularly care much. I'm off now to spend my time and energy getting my people to Gainsville.

I'll leave the hate, doubt and stupidity to all the a$$clowns here. The company you keep, is important.
    Author of The Blueprint - Want BIG gains WITHOUT drugs?

Want to get to Gainsville FAST? - Google Synthagen or theblueprintbulletin

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    You know what Kirra? That's the truth, whether you believe it or not - I could care less. I don't sell them or profit from them in any way. By all means though, keep hating/displaying the massive intellect that's brought you such a staggering build/lifts.

Speaks volumes..

By all means, keep the hate/stupidity coming. Keeps the thread bumped, and I can't tell you how many PM's I've picked up due to this thread from people now interested in BP.

Thanks again...
    Why all the bullsh*t then?
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5.0stang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kirra - Just buy it, give it a chance, and post back.

I promise, all will be clear then.

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'd rather put needles in my cock than give Mixelflick my money.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you don't believe, buy it and prove us wrong - but ensure that you give it an honest effort. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

This is a problem. We have to shell out money to taste the kool aid to see if it's poisoned. All on the word of some people who don't offer any real info, other than a hard sales pitch.

OTOH, we can try out Allpro's. SS, Madcows, various other Bill Starr, IA's SPBR, LMD's GBR, PHAT, GST, FST7, Texas Method, 5/3/1, DC's, Shieko, Smolov, and a ton of other validated programs for free.

Heck, we can't even compare them to see if we might think BP would be worth spending the money on.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    Why all the bullsh*t then?
    The only bullsh*t on display in this thread, goes by the name of Kirra.

Witness for example, your stunning gain of 10lbs of LBM from just a few days ago in your stats. You went from a buck seventy to a buck eighty right quick, didn't you? I'm absolutely CERTAIN it was just an oversight, on your part... and you weren't trying to cover up for the obvious:

You're going nowhere, FAST...

On another note, thanks again for keeping this thread visible. More and more are signing on to the Gainsville Express. Here's a direct quote, from an email shot to me by a guy who INVESTED in 3.0 just this Friday:

"I would consider myself very satisfied with the information you have supplied for the amount of money paid . I read through most of the document last night just to grasp it .... Im glad there are people like you around spreading knowledge and enlightenment..."

He's since written with 3-4 follow up questions. He gets answers the same day, or damn close to it. That's bullsh*t though, right?

No boss, that's called a quality product backed up by quality customer service. He'll continue to get that btw, for the rest of his days - and he won't pay a penny more. If and when there's a Blueprint 4.0, he'll get that for FREE too.

You keep up the linear progression/plenty of fresh vegetables routine though, OK? The world needs people like you.

Because somebody needs to teach kindergarten...

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alright you need to chill with you silly sales pitch. This subforum is full of free, proven hypertrophy routines written by people with just as much success and experience as you, who give daily advice and answer questions for free. Your replies (and those of your handful of fans that could be your alts for all we know) to people questioning you are insults and "buy my product and try it". You are doing aggressive advertising at best (against forum rules), trolling at worst. Even your testimonials are full of "static strength increases" with tiny increases in dynamic strength by guys who are honestly still weak after finishing your program.

Not once have you given any reason, or evidence, why your "secret training method" could go toe to toe with All Pro's novice routine, which he puts out free and does daily Q&A for, to everyone who is on his program.
    Last edited by JasonDB; 09-11-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JasonDB again."
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JasonDB again."
    Same here.. ^^

Alright you need to chill with you silly sales pitch. This subforum is full of free, proven hypertrophy routines written by people with just as much success and experience as you, who give daily advice and answer questions for free. Your replies (and those of your handful of fans that could be your alts for all we know) to people questioning you are insults and "buy my product and try it". You are doing aggressive advertising at best (against forum rules), trolling at worst. Even your testimonials are full of "static strength increases" with tiny increases in dynamic strength by guys who are honestly still weak after finishing your program.

Not once have you given any reason, or evidence, why your "secret training method" could go toe to toe with All Pro's novice routine, which he puts out free and does daily Q&A for, to everyone who is on his program.
    This is from my inbox:

Originally Posted by Sngo
    Originally Posted by Kirra
    Kirra,

Thank you so much for pointing me to the right direction. I have been using the Beginner Program by All Pro and it works very well for me. I am now 190lbs with 11% body fat. I will stick with the program till it stop working for me then i will ask All Pro for another advice. Without your help i am still lost like the rest of the guys in the forum who jumping around and try different program.

Steve
    Btw, what were your stats before the routine and how long did you do it?
    I was at 170lbs. I have been on the program since the day i post the thread and got the link from you.

Damn, that is some nice progress You should keep a journal on this site.
    I did update my stat every now and then. I recently took an advice from All Pro to change the program a bit to gain more mass. The original program is doing 8 reps - 12 reps range in 5 weeks doing 2 warm up and 2 work sets then increase 10%, we change it to 4 reps - 8 reps range doing 3 work sets. I went from 205 squat - 275. Next week i will try 315 on squat and 225 on bench. My diet is crazy i ate mainly chicken, fish or turkey. I consume Carb on the morning and noon only and i take ON Pro Complex gainer 3 x's daily and Casein with whey at night before bed. I have got to admit i also take some test booster because i am at the age of 33 so i don't think my body will produce enough.

I love the result but damn i have to buy new uniform because they all are form fitting so if i put on 5 lbs it will not fit right. Most of my T-shirt look like kids gap because they all are so tight. The sad thing is i can't even fit my relax fit jeans anymore. But i think it well worthies.
    Hahahah, I'm having the same problems myself. Gained 24lbs since September so now I only have one pair of jeens that fit me well. Being a broke student doesn't help either ^^
    I try to gain up to 210lbs then cut down to 200 or 195. It will be awhile before i start cutting.

N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mixelflick

When asked what type of program The Blueprint is you replied with already known workout protocols. Is there anything new or original in The BB?

Sounds like advanced periodization with some bullsh*t in between to me. Which is totally unnecessary for 99% of this forum.

Sounds like advanced periodization with some bullsh*t in between to me. Which is totally unnecessary for 99% of this forum.
    You are incorrect, but I do not blame that on you. You do not know because you are not keeping an open mind and do not have any experience with it. You are taking this personal, please don't.

PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are incorrect, but I do not blame that on you. You do not know because you are not keeping an open mind and do not have any experience with it. You are taking this personal, please don't.
    He doesn't know because no one will tell him. Has nothing to do with being open-minded. And the only person making it personal is Mixelflick.

DIY Plyo Boxes:

Says the guy who "plateaud" at 175lbs squats.

Originally Posted by N@tural1 View Post
    Mixelflick

When asked what type of program The Blueprint is you replied with already known workout protocols. Is there anything new or original in The BB?
    Yes, what is new and original is the "shell", within which BP trainees execute these known protocols. Let me put it this way - EDT is a fantastic routine, right? So is 5 x 5. There are ways within which to mix and match these protocols that cycle the Intensity, Volume and Frequency (fundamentals of any weight training routine), that magnify the progress you can make with each.

You can't just randonly change for the sake of change. How many guys do you know, who make great gains for 3 months, then max out with a new PR. Terrific. Then what? The truth of the matter is, very few know what to do next, to keep that kind of progress coming. Careful thought and consideration needs to be given, to how each phase builds upon the next. Here's a great example...

Let's say you peak your 1RM strength at the end of 8 weeks, with a HIT type routine. Fantastic, but you'll notice your ability to move total tonnage/work capacity goes into the crapper. So the trainee embarks on a higher frequency, lower intensity, higher volume routine for 6 weeks. He's got his work capacity and total tonnage back, along with some muscle - but his 1RM or Alpha/Absolute Strength has suddenly vanished.

That's important because absolute strength forms the base of the pyramid, for all types of strength. In practical terms, you show me a guy who moves his 1RM from 350lbs to 400lbs, and I'll show you someone who can perform more reps with any given lesser weight -every time. The reverse is seldom, if ever true. Since Alpha strength underlies Beta, and therefore can magnify Beta/Total Tonnage, your ability to stimulate more hypertrophy is greater. You can only do this though, if both are raised simultaneously.

So is there a way to peak both Alpha and Beta strength, raise work capacity and grow new muscle/shred fat simultaneously? Yes, there is - but you'll NEVER get there using just one method.

You'd think this would be obvious to most folks, but its not. To be fair, it's damn hard to figure it out, too...
    Last edited by Mixelflick; 09-11-2011 at 05:09 PM.

He doesn't know because no one will tell him. Has nothing to do with being open-minded. And the only person making it personal is Mixelflick.
    Let me clue you in on something, champ. You're as inconsequential as they come.

If I have the time, I enjoy exposing simpletons like you, your methods (or lack thereof) and your lack of stones. All you can spout is "this is BS". Your hate does keep the thread bumped and generates lots of PM's my way though, so thanks again...

Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Let me clue you in on something, champ. You're as inconsequential as they come.

If I have the time, I enjoy exposing simpletons like you, your methods (or lack thereof) and your lack of stones. All you can spout is "this is BS". Your hate does keep the thread bumped and generates lots of PM's my way though, so thanks again...
    Expose my lack of methods? I'm running SS. It's a simple routine that works for beginners like me. You know how long it took me to add 10 lbs. to my squat? TWO ****ING DAYS. It took me twice as long to add that amount to my bench though, a whopping 4 days. But yeah, maybe I'll dish out $50 for your secret book so that I can spend 3 whole weeks adding 10 lbs. to my squat and bench, even though there are dozens of proven programs on this site that offer far better gains FOR FREE.

I haven't said that your program is BS, I can't - because you won't tell us what your program is. What I can do is look at the laughable results users of your program have gotten and compare them to the results that others have gotten on other programs that are proven, and FREE.

DIY Plyo Boxes:

Says the guy who "plateaud" at 175lbs squats.
    I think you would have a problem completing even my leg workouts. You are still taking this personal and taking things out of context. Keep on, keeping on...

Expose my lack of methods? I'm running SS. It's a simple routine that works for beginners like me. You know how long it took me to add 10 lbs. to my squat? TWO ****ING DAYS. It took me twice as long to add that amount to my bench though, a whopping 4 days. But yeah, maybe I'll dish out $50 for your secret book so that I can spend 3 whole weeks adding 10 lbs. to my squat and bench, even though there are dozens of proven programs on this site that offer far better gains FOR FREE.

I haven't said that your program is BS, I can't - because you won't tell us what your program is. What I can do is look at the laughable results users of your program have gotten and compare them to the results that others have gotten on other programs that are proven, and FREE.
    Free does not equal long term success. However, I believe you have a solid program, but looking at the overview of SS, it does not provide near what mixelflick offers, not even in the ballpark as far as information/research/experience.

You are selling your program as well - just don't be a hypocrite. Atleast you are not taking things as personal as Kirra, which I appreciate. Too many guys waste money on the latest 5 lb tub of protein, hoping to see gains for $80. What many people do not see is the resources that are given for BluePrint users. It is not just a "workout program." I didn't pay for the "workout program" - I paid for the research and education it provided.

Free does not equal long term success. However, I believe you have a solid program, but looking at the overview of SS, it does not provide near what mixelflick offers, not even in the ballpark as far as information/research/experience.

You are selling your program as well - just don't be a hypocrite. Atleast you are not taking things as personal as Kirra, which I appreciate. Too many guys waste money on the latest 5 lb tub of protein, hoping to see gains for $80. What many people do not see is the resources that are given for BluePrint users. It is not just a "workout program." I didn't pay for the "workout program" - I paid for the research and education it provided.
    Have you ever sent Mixelflick a video of your form on an exercise?

DIY Plyo Boxes:

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

SS doesn't need to provide lots of mind-blowing information. While lots of information can be useful, that's not the intention of SS. The intention of the book is to teach you how to do (and, originally, how to teach others to do) 5 main lifts: squat, bench, deadlift, press and power clean. The intention is also to give you a basic program using those lifts and getting stronger through them, teaching you not only how to do the lifts, but how a beginner should use the lifts. In the 2nd edition, an emphasis is also placed on useful assistance exercises that may come in handy for further improving on those 5 central lifts, so that as people leave the beginner stage of training they have a reference to some more tools of the trade. The book isn't intended to teach you everything, it's intended to teach you good information to get you started. From there, there are plenty of other good, reputable, credible resources that all allow us to get a look at what we're trying before we buy it. SS, Practical Programming and 5/3/1 will serve most of us very well for the remainder of our lives. All about, those 3 resources would cost us maybe $80-100. Yes, that's more than the $50 for BP, but I'd rather spend a little more and be confident that it's worth my money, than to spend a little less and be going in relatively blind as to what I'm actually going to get out of it.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don't see the big deal. If BP was so bad there would be all kinds of people complaining about it after they bought it; which I haven't seen. Personally I like to read as much about this stuff as possible (currently reading Science and Practice of Strength Training which I highly recommend) but some people don't. Some people want everything laid out for them, which is what it sounds like this does, while I like to read and try things out to see what works for me. I don't see anything wrong with either approach. What one person sees as unnecessary might be very necessary to another. I am able to lay on the couch under a blanket and read a book, find the remote, and function pretty well. Some people can't, hence the snuggie.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 09-11-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rdferguson View Post
    SS, Practical Programming and 5/3/1 will serve most of us very well for the remainder of our lives. All about, those 3 resources would cost us maybe $80-100. Yes, that's more than the $50 for BP, but I'd rather spend a little more and be confident that it's worth my money, than to spend a little less and be going in relatively blind as to what I'm actually going to get out of it.
    It's worth noting that the essentials of SS are all quite public and discussed openly, no secrets. When getting the book, you just get detailed elaboration of those basic principles. SS offers details, not secrets.

As well, Rippetoe does not claim to have invented anything, only to have presented it in a clear and systematic way, after having tried it all out on hundreds of people he's coached in person.

People who have only coached others online you find speak with a very different tone and perspective, and the advice they give is sometimes... odd.

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is there a trainee running The Blueprint that keeps an active journal here on bb.com?

As a student of weight training, I would be very interested to read such a journal in order to learn about new methodologies.

I will say this.....alot of animosity in this thread on the last few pages, BUT.......PeterGibbons keeps a great journal. He is an open book. He has also done a damn fine job growing his numbers in a relatively short time.

So, where can I find a journal for a trainee running The Blueprint?
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

Originally Posted by FastCatChamp View Post
    Is there a trainee running The Blueprint that keeps an active journal here on bb.com?

As a student of weight training, I would be very interested to read such a journal in order to learn about new methodologies.

I will say this.....alot of animosity in this thread on the last few pages, BUT.......PeterGibbons keeps a great journal. He is an open book. He has also done a damn fine job growing his numbers in a relatively short time.

So, where can I find a journal for a trainee running The Blueprint?
    They can't post their journals, his methods are so secret that people who use them cannot post the full workouts or even their progress pictures or he would have to sue them for copyright infringement.

So far we know it involves supersetting squats and deadlifts together... and large increases in static strength. :P

FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Supersetting Deadlifts and Squats??????? Now I really want to see a journal.

I refuse to believe that a program such as this doesnt have one trainee keeping a journal here on the largest bodybuilding site on the planet.
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by FastCatChamp View Post
    Supersetting Deadlifts and Squats??????? Now I really want to see a journal.

I refuse to believe that a program such as this doesnt have one trainee keeping a journal here on the largest bodybuilding site on the planet.
    One was posted on page 5 of this thread.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    One was posted on page 5 of this thread.
    Thank You Sir. I will have some reading to do. Much appreciated.