Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Half squats in the Smith...
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) skia123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of course but i dont want to show to you how much Kg i can squat but the change i had.

All my years i did the same kind of sq so the change is huge

Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 5.0stang View Post
    Peter - Quit running away - give Mixelflick a call. It will all be made clear then.

Keep impressing everyone with your 115 lb squats (per your log). I just added 60 lbs (290 lb squat) to my 1RM, in 4 workouts, then 35 lbs (340 lbs) to my bench press in 4 workouts. You hate that I can 1RM your body with a single dumbell row, don't you? You hate that you are on the outside, trying to look in, for free, don't you? You hate that I can benchpress your body weight (210 lbs), 20 times, don't you?

Peter, we wish we could rep 115 lbs like you did in your log; everyone should listen to you.

Keep the PM's coming guys with legit questions about the BP, the bandwagon is hopping now!
    I honestly cant keep away from this thread. Its pretty entertaining to see what BS that's going to be said next.
    4 workouts you say? 4 workouts to gain 60lbs on your squat. OK then, here is a challenge for you.
    Record your current 1RM, then we'll wait 4 weeks and given diminishing returns I'll allow you a 10lb leeway (should be easy given how godlike the blueprint is).
    So in 4 weeks i want you to prove via a recording that your current 1RM is 50lbs heavier.

regulations:
    It must be the standard conventional squat, that means no smith machine, no static leg holds, no quarter squats, no wraps, belt, suit or any other ludicrous invention you have in mind.
    See you in 4 weeks.

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A belt it okay to use lol.

Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dreamer_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    A belt it okay to use lol.
    Was exaggerating my point..

Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hammerfelt View Post
    I was comped a free copy. I have glanced through BP 2.0 and 3.0 a couple times now.

There is a ton of information and I can tell Mixelflick has put a lot of time into.

There is a lot to digest. I am not ready to take on such a protocol as I currently have no issues with adding weight to the bar. I lift in the USAPL, which follows the WADA, which bans some of the supplements in BP. The supplements in questions are legal, OTC; but they can report positive in the drug test and the drug test is not "intelligent" enough to be able to distinguish between a plant and a synthetic concoction. That really sucks. Already have a tub of Glycergrow that will probably last forever, it is banned to.

In any regard, the day will come when it will not be so easy to add weight to the bar. I am glad I have this as one of many options to choose from when that day arrives.

Mixelflick, in your years of research have you ever come across this article?: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00541-0090.pdf The part I that interested me is spiking insulin in the absence of carbs. I am sure there are plenty of other goodies in that article, but I find it a very hard read.
    Hey man, I appreciate your comments. Refreshing to hear some feedback from someone who's seen The BP vs. those that haven't...

As to your question the answer is YES, I've seen this and many other studies supporting such. In fact, Dr. Maura DiPasquale has been championing the amino acids/other nutraceuticals to raise insulin, vs. high glycemic carbs approach a LONG time. His books, inclusive of "Amino Acids and Protein for the Athlete - The Anabolic Edge", were excellent works on this topic. Dr. Michael Colgan, who penned "Optimum Sports Nutrition" was also a pioneering authority on such.

We've known of this mechanism(s) since the mid-1980's, in fact. It's a valid approach but as of yet, still un-perfected. Today, Dr. Scott Connelly (of former Met-Rx fame) is at the forefront of such matters. His ORIGINAL Progenex Recovery product, facilitated recovery of peak muscle torque was absolutely amazing. It did so without any carbs/simple sugars. In fact, over 600 various whey peptide fractions where researched, prior to identifying the optimal combination used in that product.

Sadly, it's no longer available to the general public but yes - I was able to secure some, for a select few running The BP. I guess we can add his name now, to The BP conspiracy?
    Last edited by Mixelflick; 09-15-2011 at 09:13 AM.
    Author of The Blueprint - Want BIG gains WITHOUT drugs?

Want to get to Gainsville FAST? - Google Synthagen or theblueprintbulletin

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Hey man, I appreciate your comments. Refreshing to hear some feedback from someone who's seen The BP vs. those that haven't...

As to your question the answer is YES, I've seen this and many other studies supporting such. In fact, Dr. Maura DiPasquale has been championing the amino acids/other nutraceuticals to raise insulin, vs. high glycemic carbs approach a LONG time. His books, inclusive of "Amino Acids and Protein for the Athlete - The Anabolic Edge", were excellent works on this topic. Dr. Michael Colgan, who penned "Optimum Sports Nutrition" was also a pioneering authority on such.

We've known of this mechanism(s) since the mid-1980's, in fact. It's a valid approach but as of yet, still un-perfected. Today, Dr. Scott Connelly (of former Met-Rx fame) is at the forefront of such matters. His ORIGINAL Progenex Recovery product, facilitated recovery of peak muscle torque was absolutely amazing. It did so without any carbs/simple sugars. In fact, over 600 various whey peptide fractions where researched, prior to identifying the optimal combination used in that product.

Sadly, it's no longer available to the general public but yes - I was able to secure some, for a select few running The BP...
    I feel carbs in general are very over-rated for gaining size or strength. At my largest (around 265), while running a variation of Dr. DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet, I was repping over 600 on deadlifts, and 475 (x5) on the bench completely carb depleted, and making progress in strength and size. No post-workout carbs (only whey and glutamine)... and limiting my carb intake to a 36 hour window on the weekends.

I'm quite familiar with Dr. DiPasquale's books and work.

Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000) Mixelflick is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    I feel carbs in general are very over-rated for gaining size or strength. At my largest (around 265), while running a variation of Dr. DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet, I was repping over 600 on deadlifts, and 475 (x5) on the bench completely carb depleted, and making progress in strength and size. No post-workout carbs (only whey and glutamine)... and limiting my carb intake to a 36 hour window on the weekends.

I'm quite familiar with Dr. DiPasquale's books and work.
    Wonderful, I'm quite happy for you then - you know I speak from experience. His diet is fantastic... for those that oxidize fats well. Given the chance, most will - but a certain subset of the training population (in particular, ectomorphs are susceptible) do require some minimal threshold of carbs. In that event, I'd offer the following. Let's say you want some help figuring out which particular carb to utilize pre, during and post workout...

THE SHORT ANSWER:

With respect to those "carbs". Consider the following: High molecular weight modified starches (you're looking for something in the 2,000,000-10,000,000 range) like oh, I dunno......something like this maybe?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nutrex/volugro.html*

*Nutrex is now in, on The BP Conspiracy...

THE USUAL (TOO LONG) ANSWER:

Here's why...

Up until just recently, carbohydrate powders have imparted modest improvements over whole foods. Such was the case with maltodextrin, usually derived from corn. You're no doubt familiar with it due to it's inclusion in various "weight gainers", "MRP's" etc..

After being isolated, its cut into a length somewhere between a simple sugar and a full starch. The shorter versions lend themselves better to drink mixes as they're more soluble and sweeter.

Prior to the early 1980's, maltodextrin really wasn't prevalent in our little world. The primary exposure you had to them was on the back of a postage stamp. They were used mostly as binders, fillers and glues. It was Mike Zumpano (of Underground Steroid Handbook fame) working first with the Weider group and later Unipro who came across a most interesting discovery; certain maltodextrins were a hybrid of both a starch and a sugar that lent themselves to the best qualities of both. This was a very significant finding...

When Unipro rolled out its Carboplex product it didn't just gain instant popularity in bodybuilding, but mainstream food preparations as well. At your local supermarket today you'll find it in all kinds of sports drinks, cocoa, baked goods and even baby food (maltodextrins of various sorts).

The chief problem with these products is twofold. First, you never know quite what length the starch has been cut to. They can be as short as 3 glucose molecules or as long as cornstarch. In fact, much of the waxy maize being sold is just that - pure cornstarch.

Second (and related) these anomolies can result in anything from a very quick rise in blood sugar to a very prolonged curve seen when testing one's blood sugar via glucometer (more on that later). You'll see a pretty strong dropoff in blood sugar after consuming most maltodextrins in the amount of 50g at the 2 hour mark. This isn't ideal for our purposes as the window of opportunity we seek to exploit is far shorter.

The real solution was the creation of a new class of soluble starches called amylopectins. These address the severe drop in blood sugar by selectively tailoring the lengths of said starches to optimize the time spent just prior to, during and immediately after the workout. For it is during this time that these genetically modified starches can have a drug like impact. Starting material is not just one type of starch, but two others. A mix of all 3 was found to best leverage its rapid and sustained mode of action.

These heavy molecular mass polysaccarides mix VERY easily in water, absorb much faster than sugars and don't bloat you. The end result is a largely complex carb, yet it is made up of many polysaccharides joined together by bonds. Molecular weights have been carefully tailored to ensure absorption is much faster than any other maltodextrin, waxy maize or whole food/juice alternative.

By virtue of a lightening quick gastric emptying rate, the amylopectins hit the blood stream quicker and are absorbed as glycogen and therafter work almost like an IV drip supplying even more energy to the body.

Dan Duchaine himself was onto this as long ago as the 90's in his excellent tome, "BodyOpus" stating "The ideal is a highly refined amylopectin preparation, not yet commercially available".

Well, Dan may be gone but he's likely looking down (or is it up?) smiling, knowing that they're now available.

That's what a guy named "Rob" who wrote a book called, "The Blueprint" told me anyway......

My post reflects only my opinion and is in no way considered required practice - in whole or in part. Specific medical advice should be obtained from a licensed health care practitioner PRIOR to beginning ANY new diet, exercise, supplementation or training program.

Tatatatata-tata-tata-tatatatata

Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    Tatatatata-tata-tata-tatatatata

Seems to be consistent, with your knowledge of the topic(s) at hand.

Did you get this, for free too?

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Seems to be consistent, with your knowledge of the topic(s) at hand.

Did you get this, for free too?
    That last line actually made me lol.

Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dreamer_ View Post
    I honestly cant keep away from this thread. Its pretty entertaining to see what BS that's going to be said next.
    4 workouts you say? 4 workouts to gain 60lbs on your squat. OK then, here is a challenge for you.
    Record your current 1RM, then we'll wait 4 weeks and given diminishing returns I'll allow you a 10lb leeway (should be easy given how godlike the blueprint is).
    So in 4 weeks i want you to prove via a recording that your current 1RM is 50lbs heavier.

regulations:
    It must be the standard conventional squat, that means no smith machine, no static leg holds, no quarter squats, no wraps, belt, suit or any other ludicrous invention you have in mind.
    See you in 4 weeks.
    I think some of the stuff said here is a bit misleading. Imo, you will consistently see results being realed in during the BP -- but you will not always see a 30-50 lbs increase per 4-5 workouts (I would say the only time you see those numbers is during your first run). I never really sat back and looked at some of the posts and thought about it differently, as I as well have increased my 1 rep squat by 30+ lbs in the 5 workouts -- but that doesn't mean I could turn around and do it again immediately or any time soon. With that said, I don't believe the BP is a "1 trick pony" either. After the 5 workouts, Rob has 3-5 linear progression programs that you follow up with that keep the progress going, but not quite on the same level. The trick for all of this, is to keep the strength after you're finished with these workouts. The testimonies are very real, even if you don't want to believe them. I can't blame many people for thinking it's a bunch of made up BS sells propaganda, but I can blame you for not being open minded and willing to try it out.
    Blue Print Believer!

http://bodybuildingsupplements.com

Please let this thread die....

Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inagren is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You keep this thread bumped just as much, if not more so, than anyone else around. You must be a secret admirer -- but who blame you considering.
    Blue Print Believer!

http://bodybuildingsupplements.com

Originally Posted by Inagren View Post
    I think some of the stuff said here is a bit misleading. Imo, you will consistently see results being realed in during the BP -- but you will not always see a 30-50 lbs increase per 4-5 workouts (I would say the only time you see those numbers is during your first run). I never really sat back and looked at some of the posts and thought about it differently, as I as well have increased my 1 rep squat by 30+ lbs in the 5 workouts -- but that doesn't mean I could turn around and do it again immediately or any time soon. With that said, I don't believe the BP is a "1 trick pony" either. After the 5 workouts, Rob has 3-5 linear progression programs that you follow up with that keep the progress going, but not quite on the same level. The trick for all of this, is to keep the strength after you're finished with these workouts. The testimonies are very real, even if you don't want to believe them. I can't blame many people for thinking it's a bunch of made up BS sells propaganda, but I can blame you for not being open minded and willing to try it out.
    Thank you for clarifying these point Inagren...

NOBODY is claiming you can put 30+lbs EVERY 5 workouts, but it can and does happen occasionally, as Inagren points out. In fact, I'd go so far as to say more than, "occasionally". What DOES happen consistently, is poundage being added to the bar. That goes on for months and in many cases, years. Sometimes it comes on this fast, other times slower - but the point is you can kiss plateaus goodbye.

BP doesn't leave you high and dry after you've exhausted it's progression methodology, either. It would take you many years to exhaust the linear, periodized and undulating periodization plans we utilize. There are more and more being added every month, and we have loading patterns that'll deliver these goods by training anywhere from once a week up to 5 times/week. More?

There is always more, because if you dig deep enough - there is always a way. BP folk needn't dig very far, they only need ask me. Nobody asked for better/faster results than what 2.0/3.0 have delivered - but I've crafted The BP Meteoric to give them just that. You want to see what people have to say about that little gem? Just give me the word.

Finally, if you're gaining today and happy with whatever you're doing I'll say this again: Legitimately happy for you. If you're inclined to badmouth something you understand NOTHING about though nor have you even seen it, I pity you. A closed mind is a terrible thing, and you'll be worse off for it as you get further and further down the road that is physical culture.