Thread: Eating Alone

rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Eating Alone

If I were single, I think better eating would be a little easier.

When I eat alone, I tend to eat less. For one thing, there's something slightly depressing about eating alone. Frankly, I'm not sure how single people manage to eat meal after meal on their own.

I tend to plan meals better when I know I will dine alone. I think my diet is pretty decent so as it is, but eating solo helps me to make better choices. My wife goes to the gym and does nothing to undermine my diet, yet I still think that in some ways being married makes it more difficult to eat less and eat better.

There is that prevailing view that once people get married/live together, they start eating more food and eat differently than when they were single.

Do your food choices improve when you eat alone?

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree, and yes choices are better when alone.

Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Da_Jtac_0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i eat alone at my universityand i eat great, but i visit my grilfriend on the weekends and eat like ****.
    20kg=44lbs, 30kg=66lbs, 40kg=88lbs, 50kg=110lbs, 60kg=132lbs, 70kg=154lbs, 80kg=176lbs, 90kg=198lbs, 100kg=220, 110kg=242lbs, 120=264lbs, 130kg=286lbs

Promera Health Con Cret Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132214563&page=2

"Fitted Hat Crew"

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Started a meal plan in January which changes monthly. Except for maybe one evening a week (healthy cheat meal), my wife of 45 years and I haven't eaten a meal together, much less at the same time, in the past 5 months. Incidently, she weighs about the same as when we were first married and goes to the gym 3 or 4 times/week.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rocketman44 View Post

When I eat alone, I tend to eat less. For one thing, there's something slightly depressing about eating alone. Frankly, I'm not sure how single people manage to eat meal after meal on their own.

I tend to plan meals better when I know I will dine alone. I think my diet is pretty decent so as it is, but eating solo helps me to make better choices. My wife goes to the gym and does nothing to undermine my diet, yet I still think that in some ways being married makes it more difficult to eat less and eat better.

There is that prevailing view that once people get married/live together, they start eating more food and eat differently than when they were single.

I am single andmy food choices improved alot because of it.

I took control of my food instead of having someone else control it. best thing i ever did.

Its no bog deal. its not like a set the table and light some candles and sit looking at an empty chair longing to enjoy my meal with someone like on a tv show.

i make it all one day and put it in mocrowave containers.

i toss one in the microwave and eat it in front of the tv.

Thats another great part about it. i no longer needed my dining room table so i threw it into the street and replaced it with a pool table. Get much more use out of that.

I put one of those bar height tables in the living room and I eat there.

I would have never been allowed to do this if the ex was still here.

broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

My food choices are always better when I eat alone. That's because I get to eat meals based on my nutritional needs and not the appetites of two or more people.

There is a large social aspect to eating that includes dining together and sharing in conversation as well as sharing in the same foods. Even if you're not at someone else's house where it can be considered rude to not eat food provided to you, for some reason people still have a problem if you don't eat food available to you in a pick-and-choose situation. (The attitude regarding food is due to a whole transmission of culture thing from when all civilizations went through a period of scarcity of food; cool I understand that, but it should still be okay for me to not want to order cheese fries.) Often people who change their diet will see less of friends if their activities involved eating 'available' food. Even something as simple as going out to the movies can mess you up - "oh, let's all meet early and get a quick bite at '_______' before the movie starts".

Of course, all of this depends on your circle. Some people have groups where their healthy activities are normalized.

In b4 foreveralone.jpg
    Hums the theme to Superman during planks and LYTPs. Now that you've read this, you will too.

All right boys, now watch how this is done. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.
    Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.
    -- Peter Griffin

Go down the line:
    http://www.greatergood.com

stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am fortunate in this case because my wife is as strict as I am on diet. We keep each other from making bad choices. We keep the tempting foods out of the house. Not because of lack of discipline but out of sight out of mind.
    Attached Images

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My wife and I were unavoidably apart much of the past winter, to my regret. She never interferes with my diet and often eats better because of it. We still don't eat much together due scheduling issues though I miss it because it's a time to communicate.

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    I eat better alone as well. some people eat better when they are in a relationship since the other person is a positive influence...so they end up being better off...

Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am just the opposite.

I cook when I am having a meal with people. But, I reheat when I am eating alone.

When I am going to sit in front of the TV and eat by myself, it is a sandwich, a frozen dinner, a pizza, or more than likely Take-Out from a fast food place.

When I am having people over to eat; it is time to break out the pots and pans and make a nice healthy meal that I can be proud of.

Although I do drink a lot of protein shakes as meals when I am eating alone, so maybe it does even out.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I eat alone a few nights a week when I have to work late. I do most of the cooking in the house and make extra chicken and other things on the grill so I can have that on those nights. I also make up a large salad with things in it that I like. Light enough when I have to eat around 9 PM.

I don't mine eating alone, gives me some peace and quiet as I read the paper.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I eat what I want to eat, regardless.

Blaming your family or spouse for poor eating habits is quite silly, IMHO.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    ^^^^This.

I eat to meet my training goals. I don't try to push people eat the way I do, and I don't allow them to push me to eat their junk. It's a pretty simple process, really.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Boo hoo, lol. Try being the person who cooks for 3 little kids and a husband who doesn't really care so much about his food as long as it tastes good Though I am very much concerned about my whole family eating healthy, clearly they don't eat in the same manner that I do (nor should they). Alot of the time I can eat part or most of the meal with modifications. But temptations are surely there, its for me to eat them or not.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    Boo hoo, lol. Try being the person who cooks for 3 little kids and a husband who doesn't really care so much about his food as long as it tastes good Though I am very much concerned about my whole family eating healthy, clearly they don't eat in the same manner that I do (nor should they). Alot of the time I can eat part or most of the meal with modifications. But temptations are surely there, its for me to eat them or not.
    Everyone likes what I make, even if it is healthy. If I make a side of something not so healthy, I simply don't eat that much of it. If there is something I specifically like, I'll make that for myself. Nobody complains if I'm doing the cooking.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post
    Everyone likes what I make, even if it is healthy. If I make a side of something not so healthy, I simply don't eat that much of it. If there is something I specifically like, I'll make that for myself. Nobody complains if I'm doing the cooking.

Rob
    Everything I cook for my family is "healthy" (and healthy is a matter of perspective, right), but maybe not the best for MY macros or cals. I would rather not eat 1/2 cup pasta with protein and be hungry all night versus eating a huge salad with protein, for example. Point being that I cook daily for the average family who do not have to watch cals or macros the way I do, and I have to negotiate that social pull to eat what everyone else eats at almost every single meal. So no sympathy for OP
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mrs. Bear has a natural inclination toward vegetables and fruits with an amazing talent for making amazing food out of the most meager of ingredients.

When I eat alone...well, let's just say I'm thankful that I have her around.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rocketman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post

Blaming your family or spouse for poor eating habits is quite silly, IMHO.
    I don't think anybody is blaming anyone. I'm not. I mentioned at the outset that my spouse does nothing to undermine my eating and that she too goes to the gym. But when I'm alone, I tend to tighten up on the calories and food choices.

I'm mainly curious on whether there's a certain social aspects at work when eating with others, even if it's just one other person. And as some posters have mentioned, not everyone in their family shares the same dietary concerns as they do. As Rowyn mentioned for instance, she has to "negotiate that social pull" that can exert some influence whether we are aware of it or not.

Broad.stance made an interesting point too - that there are certain considerations at work when we eat with others. He wrote:

"There is a large social aspect to eating that includes dining together and sharing in conversation as well as sharing in the same foods. Even if you're not at someone else's house where it can be considered rude to not eat food provided to you, for some reason people still have a problem if you don't eat food available to you in a pick-and-choose situation."

This isn't quite my problem, but I can still zero in on diet better when I'm alone.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just remembered that I actually eat less when I eat with my family because I have something other to do than sit there and shovel food into my mouth, and that slows me down.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There was less variability in my diet when I was single and I had more control over what was or wasn't in the fridge and pantry. Lack of availability of junk food was my previous approach to healthy eating as I tend to over eat when left to my own devices and given the opportunity (idleness). I had a bit of a problem adjusting when I got married but have since gotten things back on track. I still sneak a few of the kids' animal crackers every now and again, but the deal is that you just have to fall back on discipline.

I avoid business dining as much as possible. I don't like mixing with people very much and have done my best to fashion a career where working lunches and other eating engagements are very rare.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This isn't quite my problem, but I can still zero in on diet better when I'm alone.
    We have 3 boys in the house; two in their teens.

I don't eat what they eat. On weekends there is usually pizza and other junk around; I'll still eat my eggs, tuna, steak, whatever.

I'm fortunate that Lisa shares my passion for eating clean, but I have two ex-wives that didn't, and I still ate the way I wanted to then and do now.

That's all I am saying.

The social aspect of eating with others doesn't really depend upon what is on one's plate, unless you're at a fondue party, I guess.

I was at a business meeting at work a while back and pizza was ordered whenn we broke for lunch; I excused myself and went to my office and ate my chicken and cottage cheese then rejoined the meeting once the lunch break was done.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenjen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I eat the same

Monday - Thursday I don't get home till 11pm (changing next week to 9pm) If I have time I eat breakfast at home those days. usually it's a protein shake and thats it, don't have much time between getting home from the gym and getting to the train. I am off Fri - Sunday so from Friday night to Sunday we generally eat together. More often then not they are healthy meals. I like eating with my wife because the food is different. She cooks all my food for me so I keep it simple and pretty much the same thing Mon.-Thu.

Where's my flip flops ? jayluk4600's Avatar
    jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jayluk4600 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I understand where the OP is coming from. I have 2 sons 9 and 15 and they like to eat now they eat pretty healthy but they are growing boys so I do not deny them pastas and breads and meats and the occasional sweets.

They are not with me 100% of the time but when they are with me it is a struggle to not chow down with them and be smart about my diet. Now I do pretty well most of the time but yes it can be difficult eating with others. I fully understand this.

In the end it's your choice your people really honestly wont care how you eat and long as they get the food they want.

An example occured just last evening - my wife wasn't feeling well, and went up to lie down after work. I ate just a middle-eastern type salad that I like (tomatoes, cucumbers, oilive oil, parsley, crushed pita bread). For "dessert" I had a small protein bar. Had my wife not been sick, I would have been inclined to make some type of "main" dish to go with the salad - likely some kind of meat. While this wouldn't be bad, I used the opportunity instead to just be content with the salad. I should note that I am trying to cut calories. I am also not pursuing extra protein at this particular time.

jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmborr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I won't say they improve, but they're more in line with my diet
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128249161

ngng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ngng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ngng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jmborr View Post
    I won't say they improve, but they're more in line with my diet
    this.

and cost saving.