lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

GOMAD+SS: need help :)

Okay, starting from today, I'll do GOMAD+SS.

I'm very skinny, 5'6", 100lbs. My target is not too big, only 130lbs, I just want to add some flesh to my bones, of course I want some muscles too.

My friends have suggest me doing GOMAD and SS together, so here I go. I'm making this thread so I can ask questions from you guys who have been on the same shoe as mine.

Today, I started with half GOMAD with tomorrow, SS will be started.

Questions:
    1. This morning, after drinking the first liter of milk, my stomach felt like having a lot of gases inside it, and I tend to fart and feeling some pains on it, but it didn't bother me. Then I had a diarrhea, in the afternoon. On the afternoon, after going to the toilet, I continue my food consumptions with the second liters of milk, in the evening, I went to the toilet too, I had another diarrhea. I don't know was happening. Is this usually happens to you at first when starting GOMAD diet but then there won't be diarrhea anymore?

2. Does all the calories I'm consuming gone with the faeces or stay in the body while only the waste goes after diarrhea?

3. If I want to gain 4.4lbs/2kg a week, how much calories should I consume? I'm 16 years old, 100lbs, 5'6" (168cm), moderate (if I go to the gym) or maybe lower (if at rest).

4. If I'm doing SS for about 3 months, what should I expect after that duration? Does my body looks a bit in shape?

Thanks everyone for helping. I'll ask some more if I get curious about something!

welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by lukezz9514 View Post
    Okay, starting from today, I'll do GOMAD+SS.

I'm very skinny, 5'6", 100lbs. My target is not too big, only 130lbs, I just want to add some flesh to my bones, of course I want some muscles too.

My friends have suggest me doing GOMAD and SS together, so here I go. I'm making this thread so I can ask questions from you guys who have been on the same shoe as mine.

Today, I started with half GOMAD with tomorrow, SS will be started.

Questions:
    1. This morning, after drinking the first liter of milk, my stomach felt like having a lot of gases inside it, and I tend to fart and feeling some pains on it, but it didn't bother me. Then I had a diarrhea, in the afternoon. On the afternoon, after going to the toilet, I continue my food consumptions with the second liters of milk, in the evening, I went to the toilet too, I had another diarrhea. I don't know was happening. Is this usually happens to you at first when starting GOMAD diet but then there won't be diarrhea anymore?

2. Does all the calories I'm consuming gone with the faeces or stay in the body while only the waste goes after diarrhea?

3. If I want to gain 4.4lbs/2kg a week, how much calories should I consume? I'm 16 years old, 100lbs, 5'6" (168cm), moderate (if I go to the gym) or maybe lower (if at rest).

4. If I'm doing SS for about 3 months, what should I expect after that duration? Does my body looks a bit in shape?

Thanks everyone for helping. I'll ask some more if I get curious about something!
    It's common to fart alot when drinking lots of milk, i know i feel gassy when i do anyway, although diarrhea may suggest lactose intolerance? anyway 2kg is a lot of weight, almost all of it will be fat if you gain this each week, i'd say aim for 2kg a month. Also 130 target, is that the weight you want to aim for this year or to get there and stay at that weight because thats not too big. After 3 months of ss i would'nt think there would be a huge change in physice, you would get bigger but don't expect too much.

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you know how many calories you require to gain weight?

ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500)
    To your third question, you cant really tell how many calories you need to gain so much a week, however try consume 3.5-4k calories a day. If you struggle, just get a good whey protein, add some calorie dense foods such as yoghurt, peanut butter, nuttella, ice cream. Well thats what I use and have made good gains in the past 7 weeks.

To your fourth question, it's also hard to tell what you can change, lifts wise you are learning to add weight to the bar every session, yes you should fill out a little better if you are eating correctly, not the most aesthetic looking muscle if you are gomad, but you can change the way you are how you eat, stopping those unwanted fat gains, but at 100lbs it's hardly going to show, so try not to worry, it's only the start.

lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukezz9514 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @welshboy1: If I'm lactose intolerance, what should I do? I have to gain weight either it's fats or muscles, I have to pack on some flesh to my bones. You know, life has been hard for me, people has been insulting me every single day, I need to change. My friend is 130lbs, same height as mine but looks a bit more flesh than me. That's why I'm setting my first target to 130lbs.

@joebrosef: I know about 3500cals a pound. How do I get 4 pounds a week?

@AteeGee: Alright, 4000cals seems good. I don't know how much I consume calories a day, but with half GOMAD is 1200cals, I need to find another additional 2800cals. Yeah, for now, I don't want to see any muscular shape on my body, I just want to add some flesh on my body. I hate to see myself looking as if there's only little flesh with bones.

ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500)
    @welshboy1: If I'm lactose intolerance, what should I do? I have to gain weight either it's fats or muscles, I have to pack on some flesh to my bones. You know, life has been hard for me, people has been insulting me every single day, I need to change. My friend is 130lbs, same height as mine but looks a bit more flesh than me. That's why I'm setting my first target to 130lbs.

@AteeGee: Alright, 4000cals seems good. I don't know how much I consume calories a day, but with half GOMAD is 1200cals, I need to find another additional 2800cals. Yeah, for now, I don't want to see any muscular shape on my body, I just want to add some flesh on my body. I hate to see myself looking as if there's only little flesh with bones.
    Like I said add some calorie dense foods, you still need to add an extra 2800cals ontop of the milk? Are you not eating whole foods? Add some sweet potato, steak, chicken, turkey, nuts to your diet.

I am taking whole foods but I don't really know how to calculate or even guess the amount of calories inside it. I take 2 times my mom's cooking which is about 1200cals both (maybe), the other is on some bread or biscuit.

Check the packaging for the food, and get a rough idea of the weight of the chicken breast, rice serving etc. There's 4cals in 1gram of protein, 4cals in 1gram of carbs and 9cals in 1gram of fat

Check the content of fat, protein, carbs etc..
    So a chicken breast with 22grams of protein would be 88cals..

Registered User Synyster06Gates's Avatar
    Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ATeeGee View Post
    Check the packaging for the food, and get a rough idea of the weight of the chicken breast, rice serving etc. There's 4cals in 1gram of protein, 4cals in 1gram of carbs and 9cals in 1gram of fat

Check the content of fat, protein, carbs etc..
    So a chicken breast with 22grams of protein would be 88cals..
    88 cals just in protein.

Also, 130 lbs is still very light. That's what I started at. My original goal was only to get to 150. Then it went from 150 to 160, 160 to 175 and now I'm at 168 trying to push to possibly 180 and then cut. Once you get into lifting and seeing results, you'll wanna keep going.
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Height: 5'8''
    Weight: 192 lbs - Shooting for 205
    Bench Press: 315x1/350x1
    Squat: 375x1/400x1
    Deadlift: 375x2/405x1

welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100) welshboy1 is not very well liked. (-100)

If your lactose intolerent then dairy is probably not the best thing to eat... although i'm not sure if you are intolerant- see a doctor about it. Most probably you are not used to milk and should ease your self into the gomad slowly. Fair enough about the goal, although once you get near 130, set a new one at 150 and so on..

Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you're lactose intolerant try taking lactade pills. They are very cheap for a big pack of them. I did GOMAD and I'm lactose intolerant. Lactade pills worked great, So does lactose free milk.
    We are the product of our influences. Originality is so hard to come by in this society.

***I Rape Back***

Can someone answer no.2 ? Hehee.

DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    son you need to aim for way more than 130 pounds, you gotta be kidding me

I know, but it's not my permanent target, of course I would change later on, if I do get it 130lbs in 2 months. Actually, money is a problem for me. Gallon of milk costs me a lot of money, by using the calculation, I could afford the milk for 12 days only. How am I able to gain weight a lot in 12 days? Gym access fee is expensive too. I just need to gain weight. :'(

Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Duradin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know, but it's not my permanent target, of course I would change later on, if I do get it 130lbs in 2 months. Actually, money is a problem for me. Gallon of milk costs me a lot of money, by using the calculation, I could afford the milk for 12 days only. How am I able to gain weight a lot in 12 days? Gym access fee is expensive too. I just need to gain weight. :'(
    You could go job searching, or tell your parents how serious you are about this and get them to help you pay for it all. And you don't necessarily have to do GOMAD, just need to eat 3000+ cals from any source

Ahhh! Today's gym session is a f**king sh*t! The gym owner keep on asking me to do this, do that, this, that! I wanted to follow the Starting Strength workout, after I took a quick relax, he came to me, scolding me to eat a lot, said to not to busybody looking at people's body, ask me do whole body working! I hate it.

Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right, first things first, you need to chill out a bit. Stop getting so worked up about reaching your goals FAST - it doesn't help, and wont make you get there faster.

1. You need to look at what you can afford to do. If you can't afford to buy a gallon of milk a day, then thats probably not the best approach for you.

2. If you want to weight train, then you're going to need either a gym membership, or a home gym. I would suggest again looking at finances, and deciding what is a viable option.

3. If you can't afford these, then I suggest a chat with your parents, explain calmly that you want to get in shape (I'd sell it to them as you're doing it for your health) and ask them if they'd be willing to help support you financially.

4. This is also a good opportunity to get involved with the foods you're eating. Speak to whoever prepares the food (probably your mum?), maybe offer to help, and learn a bit about how many calories you're getting. This will help you control the protien/fat/carb intake you get each day.

5. Get a notebook. Take it with you to the gym. That way if anyone says 'you need to do X', you can go - " sorry, today I'm doing deadlifts, squats, and bench" show them the notebook, and carry on with what you're doing. If they try and stop you, then I suggest you just thank them for the offer, but say you're happy with your workout plan, and will let them know if you need any help.

6. Make a log - either on here or in a notebook. You'll start feeling better about it if you see improvements.

7. BE MINDFUL THAT IT WONT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. I've been training 2 months, and havent really seen any BIG gains yet. However, I'm healthier, fitter, a better shape, and overall happier. Isn't that what you want too?

Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ATeeGee View Post
    To your third question, you cant really tell how many calories you need to gain so much a week, however try consume 3.5-4k calories a day. If you struggle, just get a good whey protein, add some calorie dense foods such as yoghurt, peanut butter, nuttella, ice cream. Well thats what I use and have made good gains in the past 7 weeks.

To your fourth question, it's also hard to tell what you can change, lifts wise you are learning to add weight to the bar every session, yes you should fill out a little better if you are eating correctly, not the most aesthetic looking muscle if you are gomad, but you can change the way you are how you eat, stopping those unwanted fat gains, but at 100lbs it's hardly going to show, so try not to worry, it's only the start.
    he is tiny... why are you telling him to eat 3.5-4k cals a day...

@Tel123: That was a good reply, bro! Thank you. Yeahh!

wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000) wwe101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dunno why you guys are so surprised at 130lbs, at least it is a realistic FIRST goal. then he can aim higher. Also, maybe his goals are different to yours.

Disappointing advice guys, at least be encouraging.

The gym owner was just too much. I felt like giving up and live my life even if I had a hard time living it with all the insults thrown at me. The gym owner scold me to hell, make fun of me in front of people, talking about eating this and that, do this and that, ask me to eat my own balls (eggs).. it's just too much. I'm giving up, i'm sorry you guys. Thanks for your help :'( Till we meet again.

Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tel123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No offence, but man up. Some people are always going to be a$$holes. You just need to learn which to listen too.

He's probably trying to help, so just thank him for the advice, ignore it and carry on doing what you were doing :>

Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Metito has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you get diarrhea when you drink milk it means you have intolerance. That's not good because you will dehydrate your body if you get constant diarrhea. Try drinking 100ml milk then another 100ml and see the point where you get diarrhea. You know what I mean. Good luck.