Trackthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

HIIT vs. Long Distance? BF% guess

I am looking to lose weight, and cut before I start lifting again. I am wondering what would be best to lose weight, a lot of people say HIIT gives you an afterburn effect, but that doesn't actually burn any more than doing cardio for the same distance. Honestly though, Im in Track, and after running a decent distance like 400's, I believe that there is an afterburn effect. You just have to run near 100% of your max speed. But I would like to hear other peoples opinions.

Also, I was wondering if anyone could guess my BF%, I am looking to get a six pack in about 50-60 days, or atleast have visible abs by then. I am 6'1, and 170. Im guessing I need to lose at least 5lbs during my cut, and then hit the gym hard.

Front relaxed: s427.photobucket [.] com/albums/pp355/Somekid949/?action=view&current=front-relaxed.jpg

Front flexed: s427.photobucket [.] com/albums/pp355/Somekid949/?action=view&current=front-flexed.jpg

Side Relaxed: s427.photobucket [.] com/albums/pp355/Somekid949/?action=view&current=side-relaxed.jpg

Side Flexed: s427.photobucket [.] com/albums/pp355/Somekid949/?action=view&current=side-flexed.jpg

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My take:

I did "HIIT" 5 days a week, for half a year. I got burnt the hell out near the end however, felt like i was gonna throw up all the time. While some people say if you can do it more than twice a week its not HIIT, i wanted to feel challenged and worked my ass off doing it and went balls out whenever i did cardio, never went over 16 mins and sat on the ground to catch my breath after, huffing and puffing. THAT to me is a successful HIIT.

Anyways HIIT worked for me, i lifted 5 days a week as well, for 2 hours after my heart was going crazy and still sweating lightly for an hour after.

think of it this way, they say lifting weights will burn calories after you are done, its the same thing, just hard exercise. The heart is working harder, the heart is a muscle, there is no doubt in my mind it IS burning calories after the fact. I prefer HIIT because its short, less time in the gym. That said, i probably wouldnt do it more than twice a week since its caused ME to feel overtrained where getting 8 hours of sleep and a nap during the day couldnt recuperate me.

Ever feel your heart rate an hour after doing deads or squats?
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100) MuScleHeAd88 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey from my experience H.I.I.T can be tremendously taxing on the body.
    Long distance cardio seems to be working for me, less stress on the joints.
    Ronnie does it!

Originally Posted by MuScleHeAd88 View Post
    Hey from my experience H.I.I.T can be tremendously taxing on the body.
    Long distance cardio seems to be working for me, less stress on the joints.
    Ronnie does it!
    Although hiit is very taxing, im pretty used to it. We would work out and do 5 hiit workouts a week in sprints before the season. After them I would barely be able to walk. They were horrible. Regardless though, I heard hiit was better since your muscles aren't doing distance, which would promote them to break down muscles. Im just looking for the fastest way, while conserving muscle.

bump. Can anyone give me a bf% guess?

Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This may make it a bit easier for people to estimate your bodyfat %. Hope ya don't mind

Front Relaxed

Front Flexed

Side Relaxed

Side Flexed

I would incorporate both types of cardio within your routine, as you are able. HIIT once or twice a week then sustained endurance running will render great results.

I would also start lifting now, instead of waiting. You don't need to kill yourself but definately get in the gym and start lifting something. Lifting heavy weights also boosts your metabolism, and also encourages more fat loss.

I would guess that you are ~13% BF at the moment.

danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Arounds 16%
    ***A State of Trance crew***

Awesome, thanks a lot. I am trying to cut before I go on vacation (50 days away, the goal is to get visible abs/ or six pack). As of right now, I started running 2 miles every day at a decent pace (around 6:00-6:30 mile pace). I'm adding in HIIT workouts also.

Here's my workout Schedule so far:

Monday
    -2 Miles
    -Chest And Tri's

Tuesday
    -6 400's @ less that 65 seconds each
    - Bi's, back

Wednesday
    -2 Miles
    -Squats and Core

Thursday
    -4 500's
    - Chest And Tri's

Friday
    -2 Miles
    -Biceps, back

Saturday
    -4 Miles

Sunday
    Off

I know it might sound like a lot, but I think I can manage it. As I said earlier though, I am trying to cut fast, with about 50 days before I go on vacation. Goal is to get to around 10% bodyfat by then, do you think its possible?