Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500)

Overtraining legs???

So i just bought a bike to help with my "cut" and after going on my bike ride i could barely walk and it felt like my quads where destroyed..now if im riding my bike 4 times a week and doing a heavy leg day once a week am i overtraining my legs or what??? Reps till im out

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No. Your legs will get used to it. I might advise not doing the bike the day before leg day, though.

Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500) Jordanbid is not very helpful. (-500)
    C"mon guys looking for some damn answers lol

You want it go get it anti-steroids's Avatar
    anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jordanbid View Post
    C"mon guys looking for some damn answers lol
    yeah of course your body (legs) is/are going to be sore you have introduced a new stress
    into the equation. however once adaptation sets in like most things you will find your "groove" for lack of a better term.a few other things I would

1)avoid failure..weight training that brings you to or past failure is no good when
    seeking to increase the frequency you perform a task in this case lower body exercise
    **note IM NOT SAYING FAILURE HAS NO PLACE IN THE EQUATIONwhat I 'm saying is
    leave a few in the tank when you squat and or pull

2)overtraining as I know it is reaching a point beyond the bodies recovery ability
    which like most things is very individual ....that being said unless your beating the crap out of your self (I'm speaking of like beatings by the hour) then your body will adapt and adjust
    meal frequency,training volume,intensity(yeah I know meal frequency has nothing to do with your question it just so happens to be somehthing that can be affected by adaptation..you would be amazed

3)you can if you want to be "safe" moderate the training volume when you lift
    "you can always think of many reasons not to do anything. But how many people are willing to search for a reason [a good one] to do something" " in life there are good choices and bad choices and in between there are doors"

youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/ANTISTEROIDSX2
    exist to inspire!
    greatness is upon you ACT LIKE IT!

Thanks for your input broseph ya im going to take it a little easier on leg days

geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) geoffstgermaine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bike commute 23 km each way to work averaging around 30 km/h 5 days a week. Once your body adapts to the cycling you'll be fine because you tend not to progressively overload your legs biking, unless you're training for performance. Once your legs get used to the stress you should be fine.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't be so afraid of overtraining. It doesn't happen overnight. Riding your bike is an endurance exercise. You can still hit your legs with heavy weights on your leg day. As long as you're getting enough sleep and proper nutrition you'll be fine.

Good luck!
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Overtraining can happen for many reasons. The biggest is the taxing of your central nervous system. If CNS is not recovered, you're muscles wont. I don't care if you ride today, do chest tomorrow...it doesn't matter.

The good news is that it actually takes a while to have nuero problems like that and the feeling of muscle fatique isn't really the only symptom.

Outside of that, the biggest piece of the equation is your diet. You have to eat in a way that provides at least close to the nutrients necessary, even when dieting to lean out. This is one reason the process takes a while....unless, of course, your goal is to be lighter but the same body comp.

Riding puts stress on your legs but, while there is overlap, the muscle fibers are not all the same. In short, I think you'll be just fine. Don't kill it on the cardio. Slow and steady wins the race. If you're making progress with 20 minutes of cardio 5 times a week, why do 45, right?

If you are overtraining, here are some symptoms:
    Easily Fatiqued
    No matter how much you sleep you don't feel rested
    Night Sweats
    Cool and clamy sweatiness when working out
    General feeling of being not so well
    Always sore
    Joints begin to hurt

....not comprehensive but you get the idea.

In short, overtraining is a real thing and it can happen; however, feeling like your in boot camp doesnt = "overtraining".
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I get the feeling OP was looking for someone to tell him to back off on his leg training. Rasputin gave him the right answer and he wasn't happy. anti-steroids gives him a great answer and he keys in on the part where AS says to moderate volume and the part about avoiding failure if looking to increase frequency.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I get the feeling OP was looking for someone to tell him to back off on his leg training. Rasputin gave him the right answer and he wasn't happy. anti-steroids gives him a great answer and he keys in on the part where AS says to moderate volume and the part about avoiding failure if looking to increase frequency.
    Most guys don't get it. Not aiming this at the op perse.

I know, for me at least, 20 minutes in the weight room is enough. I can literally destroy myself with 2 or 3 good sets on each body part. Part of it is experience. And once you compete, you develop a far greater mind muscle connection.

But, the point is this, once the nail is set, it doesn't make sense to keep swinging the Hammer. Once you stimulate the muscle, the only thing you'll acheive by pushing yourself into oblivion is working the muscle beyond your recovery ability. Even with a calorie surpluss, gear and 12 hours of sleep a night, there is a limit; it's one worth respecting.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Um no id rather not back off
    My leg training because legs is one of my favorite body parts but i dont want to keep working them hard when they are trying to recover from hitting the wieghts. But great advice and im not going to stop untill i start to see symptoms lol thanks guys

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jordanbid View Post
    Um no id rather not back off
    My leg training because legs is one of my favorite body parts but i dont want to keep working them hard when they are trying to recover from hitting the wieghts. But great advice and im not going to stop untill i start to see symptoms lol thanks guys
    Ahh okay.

Then yeah, as the others said, your body will adapt to the added cardio. In the short term, you might notice some excess fatigue and maybe a little weakening, but it won't take long for the body to get used to all the biking and your leg days should be just fine (as rasputin said, I'd probably avoid the long bike rides before leg day).
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No, you are not overtrained. The vast majority of people out there are undertrained, and are just pussies thinking they are overtrained because they don't realize that (most of the time) hardwork requires high volume, consistency and hardwork.

Cliffs:
    No.

^^ reps on recharge,thanks
    The Legion of Good Samaritans.

Brb cutting till fall

"There is no reason to recommend protein supplements per se because there is no evidence that supplements work better than foods." I am not anti-supplement, but I am anti-nonsense."-unknown

i rape back

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dude.
    You can't ask if something is overtraining before you do it or start doing it. If you somehow overtrain your legs, you will get a simple signal-cramps, until you back of again.
    Now, unrelated, is bike riding the best option for leg development, i wouldn't bet on it. Destroying your quads and making them grow, not always the same thing.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No biking day before and hard cardio day of is fine though. At least Wendler says something similar with prowler conditioning in his ebook.
    Aspiring to one Day work in the Fitness/Supplement Industry....Taking it one barefoot at a time.

**New Jersey Crew 732/973**
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    **MISC LIFTING CREW**
    ~Barefooters Crew~
    -oooO-----------
    -(__)----Oooo--
    --\-(------(__)--
    ---\_)-----)-/---
    ----------(_/----
    -----------------

For the love of ▪█───█▪

My SuperPump 3.0 Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160080601&p=1204515131#post1204515131

Originally Posted by ZoranM View Post
    Dude.
    You can't ask if something is overtraining before you do it or start doing it. If you somehow overtrain your legs, you will get a simple signal-cramps, until you back of again.
    Now, unrelated, is bike riding the best option for leg development, i wouldn't bet on it. Destroying your quads and making them grow, not always the same thing.
    ok i will look for signs hopefully i dont get any lol
    I didnt buy a bike for any sort of leg development i bought it for carlorie burning purposes
    Originally Posted by PurpleDrankNJ View Post
    No biking day before and hard cardio day of is fine though. At least Wendler says something similar with prowler conditioning in his ebook.
    thanks i will do that
    The Legion of Good Samaritans.

Brb cutting till fall

"There is no reason to recommend protein supplements per se because there is no evidence that supplements work better than foods." I am not anti-supplement, but I am anti-nonsense."-unknown

i rape back

Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ath88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not necessarily overtraining. Your legs just aren't used to such difficult training. If I were you id continue to do your workout. Remember to stretch after

A cool down walk or jog after will reduce soreness too.
    Ganja is the healing of the nation.

Whats a God to a non believer?

I rap beck.

jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000) jacketfan is just really nice. (+1000)
    my knees get super sore well before i could ever approach the volume id need to overtrain imo