andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best exercises for the Lats???

Hi Guys
    My Lats are seriously lacking. Can someone please recommend some good exercises for Lats? I currently do Pull ups and Pull downs and that 'lat pull machine'

Andy

VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Deadlifts and Barbell Rows.

joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) joecam18 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    pendlay rows

bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bloompanther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What are you looking for more width or thickness? Usually both.

For width:

do weighted wide grip pull ups or use you body weight.
    Lat pull Downs

Thickness :

DB rows
    T bar rows this works for width as well
    Close grip pull Downs

Overall: do deadlifts _

Do some researching on the site you'll find many excercises on every bodypart

andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50) andysidhu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys!!!

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by andysidhu View Post
    My Lats are seriously lacking. Can someone please recommend some good exercises for Lats? I currently do Pull ups
    I had thought these were the best for lats...

Originally Posted by andysidhu View Post
    Pull downs and that 'lat pull machine'
    These sound like the same thing, possibly referring to a pullover machine?

Originally Posted by joecam18 View Post
    pendlay rows
    Every time I've seen that shown, it's done with wide elbows and an overhand grip. Shouldn't that make it better for targetting the upper back, not the lats.

Originally Posted by bloompanther View Post
    For width: do weighted wide grip pull ups or use you body weight. Lat pull Downs

Thickness : DB rows T bar rows this works for width as well Close grip pull Downs
    Um, so are pull ups supposed to develope thin lats and dumbbell rows don't create width?

I don't really understand this at all, fibers grow in all directions, their base doesn't deform into an oblong cylinder, so how could the width and thickness of a fiber develope out of sync?

Is thickness some kind of veiled upper lat reference and width is some veiled lower lat reference?

I bring this question up whenever I see this talked about. Clearly the lat fibers that attach on the lumbar's lower fascia appear to be running on the outside and seem width-y. Clearly the lat fibers that attach on the lumbar's upper fascia are on the inside and look like they run underneath the lower traps, perhaps making them seem "thick" or something?

Still really really confused though, because if this doesn't explain it, this is like asking how to make your biceps wider versus thicker, I just figured hypertrophy did both so if you took a cross-section it would remain pretty circular.

More width or more height (thickness) would mean it wouldn't be a circle anymore, and that would be strange.