tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10)

elbow and forearm pain

Besides flax seed oil, what else can you take for pain in the elbows and forearms from working out?
    Success is merely the decision not to fail and the desire to do everything to win.

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    - Ice
    - MSM cream or Traumeel cream
    - Rest
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) speda1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    NSAID's.

Dave2003 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Optmimum Joint aid, I used a similar product 15years ago for a rotator cuff and it HEALED it and made it even stronger.
    extracts from seashells and sharks cartilage it was. this Joint aid seems similar.
    target:220lbs (I'm 5' 11)
    arms: 19.5
    current: 232lbs
    arms: 17.6

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by speda1
    NSAID's.
    They will lower the pain, but slow the recovery process.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Body under construction MotorcityAl's Avatar
    MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Glucosimine Sulfate & Chondroitan.
    Say it, Believe it, Achieve it!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past." Maurice Maeterlinck

BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by MotorcityAl
    Glucosimine Sulfate & Chondroitan.

i agree these supps work great!
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    MotorcityAl, can I just take one of those two supplements or does it have to be both? Funds are low and I would like to just get one of them. If I do, which would you recommend?
    Success is merely the decision not to fail and the desire to do everything to win.

BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if it was me take Glucosimine Sulfate

thanks bro!

Originally posted by tyzride
    thanks bro!
    anytime!

MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    MotorcityAl, can I just take one of those two supplements or does it have to be both? Funds are low and I would like to just get one of them. If I do, which would you recommend?
    Most brands carry a combination tablet. I personally use Optimum's Glucosamine plus CSA tabs. 1500 mg Glucosamine/1200 mg Chondroitan. 2 tabs per day/120 tabs in a bottle (60 days worth) for $21.95 on line. Takes care of all my joint problems (shoulders/elbows/etc.)
    "Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past." Maurice Maeterlinck

lakevillethor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most brands carry a combination tablet. I personally use Optimum's Glucosamine plus CSA tabs. 1500 mg Glucosamine/1200 mg Chondroitan. 2 tabs per day/120 tabs in a bottle (60 days worth) for $21.95 on line. Takes care of all my joint problems (shoulders/elbows/etc.)
    Everyone disagrees with me on this but I don't think glucosamine and chonroitan do ****. They certainly didn't do **** for me. THE ONLY THING THAT HAS EVER HELPED MY JOINT PAIN, as well as many other people I have recommended it to, HAS BEEN FLAXSEED OIL AND LOTS OF IT.!!
    -AT

onesadpanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: elbow and forearm pain

Besides flax seed oil, what else can you take for pain in the elbows and forearms from working out?
    try some IcyHot

if the pain in your elbow is tendonitis and you keep lifting [without taking supps to stop it], it will get worse.

Originally posted by lakevillethor
    Everyone disagrees with me on this but I don't think glucosamine and chonroitan do ****. They certainly didn't do **** for me. THE ONLY THING THAT HAS EVER HELPED MY JOINT PAIN, as well as many other people I have recommended it to, HAS BEEN FLAXSEED OIL AND LOTS OF IT.!!
    -AT
    Well, I use Flaxseed Oil (Hooray Barleans), but I personally have noticed improvement with Glucosamine/Chondroiten. It took about a month before it seemed to take affect. Everyone reacts differently, however.

Re: Re: elbow and forearm pain

Originally posted by onesadpanda
    try some IcyHot

if the pain in your elbow is tendonitis and you keep lifting [without taking supps to stop it], it will get worse.
    This is a temporary pain reliever, but does nothing for the condition. We don't want to treat the symptoms, but rather, the problem.

Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Samoan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like "Move Free" by Schiff. Takes the pain away for me.

Joint Aid 90 capsules
    Stock Number: 02 249

Joint Aid contains important factors that may help support healthy and smooth functioning connective tissue. It is designed to deliver a perfectly balanced, natural formula to assist athletes in recovery from nagging injuries, or simply to maintain and protect healthy joint tissue.

Product Profile:

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 1,000 mg 1670%*
    Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 400 IU 100%*
    Vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopherol acetate) 200 IU 670%*
    Calcium (as calcium carbonate, citrate) 500 mg 50%*
    Magnesium (as magnesium oxide, aspartate) 250 mg 60%*
    Zinc (as zinc picolinate) 20 mg 130%*
    Glucosamine (as glucosamine sulfate potassium) 1,500 mg
    Chondroitin (as chondroitin sulfate A) 150 mg
    Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (rhizome)
    (standardized to 95% curcuminoids) 1,500 mg
    Quercetin (as quercetin dihydrate) 100 mg
    Borage Oil 50 mg
    Marine Lipids (Cod Liver Oil with EPA and DHA) 50 mg
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Daily Value not established

Ingredients: Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Silica.

Suggested Use: Take 3 to 6 capsules daily with meals(3 capsules in the morning and/or 3 capsules in the afternoon), or as directed by a physician, licensed nutritionist or certified trainer.

Serving Size: 3 to 6 caps

Package Size: 90 capsules

this is McFarlane seatone. the one I used was from Germany 15years ago. I had a rotator cuff severe problem from bench pressing and delts rear press. could barely move my right delt after the accident, even dressing up was painful.
    someone advised me the Seatone and took it for 3months, several caps a day. amazing. and ! my bench press went from 6x180lbs to 22x220lbs in 3months !! (note: but I avoided low reps in the bench press ever since).

http://www.mcfarlane.co.nz/prod_seatone500.html

SEATONE 500 mg

McFarlane Seatone is a genuine and unique mussel extract, sourced from New Zealand Green Lipped Mussels. It contains a rich blend of natural proteins, minerals, mucopolysaccharides, glucosamine and Omega 3 fatty acids – all naturally occurring compounds known to maintain joint mobility and well being.

A trusted brand for over 25 years McFarlane Seatone is supported by extensive scientific research. Its benefits are known worldwide, making it The World’s No 1 Green Lipped Mussel Extract.

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE:

Relief from arthritic problems, both rheumatoid and osteo forms. [1-7] [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]
    Minimising the effects of sports injuries to ligaments, muscles and joints [[8]]
    Aiding a speedier recovery from sports injuries [8]
    Enhancing vitality and endurance, particularly, but not exclusive to, for athletes
    In general for athletes and sports people, for the elderly and sufferers of arthritic complaints
    CONTRA-INDICATIONS: People with seafood allergies should not take McFarlane Seatone.

Dose: Adults: Adults: Take 1 capsule daily with meals, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. For an initial course of 3 months, take 2 capsules daily.

CONTAINS NO: WHEAT, GLUTEN, MILK DERIVATIVES, YEAST, SUGAR, CORN, STARCH, COLOUR, FLAVOUR OR PRESERVATIVES.

Pack information:

Available in bottles of 60 Capsules
    Product Number: 412863
    Ingredients:

BIOLANE Active GLME (Green Lipped Mussel Extract) Provides Glucosamine naturally. 500mg.

Ingredient information:

BIOLANE Active GLME (Green Lipped Mussel Extract) 230mg

Seatone is an encapsulated form of an extract of New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel prepared by freeze drying and milling a liquid extract taken from the fresh mussel.
    It has two natural anti-inflammatory components.
    The main one is a carbohydrate which functions by inhibiting neutrophil emigration (inhibiting certain white soldier cells from escaping from the bloodstream to attack inflammatory stimuli). [5]
    The secondary one is a long chain fatty acid (ETA) which inhibits the arachidonic acid cascade. This refers to the conversion of arachidonic acid to pro-inflammatory prostaglandins and leukotrienes. [[9]]
    It also has a natural content of glycosaminoglycans which assist joint cartilage health and muscle mobility. Glycosaminoglycans are polysaccharides (multiple sugars) such as chondroitin sulphate, hyaluronic acid, dermatan sulphate, etc. They are important components of joint mobility.
    A gastroprotective function is provided by the lipid components of the extract. [[10]]
    General nutritional benefit is provided by the natural mineral and vitamin content of the extract.

http://www.dancesport.uk.com/article...oarthritis.htm
    The human joint is a miracle of engineering; efficient way beyond any manmade imitation. When healthy, it is virtually friction-free, self-lubricating and self-repairing - adjusting automatically to changes in movement, weight and stress. Given optimum conditions, it can function without problems or interruptions for a hundred years.

This being the case, why do so many people suffer from joint problems? What are the "optimum conditions" required for a life of trouble-free service?

WHAT IS OSTEOARTHRITIS?

Osteoarthritis is the exaggerated normal ageing process of joints - and as such, is more accurately described as 'osteoarthrosis'. (In medical terms -itis describes an inflammatory process, whilst -osis is used for a degenerative condition.) The process is well under way by the time any symptoms appear, and starts with gradual roughening and wearing of the previously very smooth cartilage inside the joint. At this point, there is usually some 'grating' from the joint and also progressive stiffness, usually in the morning or after exercise. The joints also become more vulnerable to strains, which take increasingly longer to heal.

As the problem becomes worse, there is involvement of the joint capsule and its lining, causing swelling, stiffness and discomfort, which are present on a more permanent basis. Symptoms are usually worse after rest, improving initially with movement, then recurring again after progressively shorter periods of exercise. 80% of adults over 50 years of age have evidence of this degree of joint degeneration.

Advanced osteoarthritis leaves the joints with little or no cartilage, and causes enlargement and distortion of the bony outlines, sometimes associated with mild inflammation around the supporting ligaments. At this stage there is permanent disability and significant pain, which may eventually necessitate surgical intervention.

WHY DO ONLY SOME PEOPLE SUFFER FROM OSTEOARTHRITIS?

There are a number of factors:

a. Genetics - if your parents were sufferers then you are more likely to suffer also.

b. Exercise - reasonable amounts of exercise help to maintain joint health. However excessive exercise increases your rate of degeneration. Sportsmen, keep-fit enthusiasts, and dancers have a very high incidence of joint degeneration, usually starting at quite a young age.

c. History of injury. Previous injury to the joint itself or to the bones close to it can cause extra strain on the area and lead to problems many years later. This applies not only to serious strains and fractures, but also to the small repeated strains sustained by sportsmen and dancers.

d. Nutrition Nutritional deficiencies of many kinds can predispose to early degeneration in all body systems. Serious disorders such as anorexia, bulimia, Crohn's disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome etc. can have disastrous effects on the joints. Less obviously, years of restricted diets for weight control, food allergies and so forth can also wreak havoc with bone and cartilage.

WHAT CAN BE DONE TO PREVENT AND TREAT OSTEOARTHRITIS?

a. Exercise moderately Keep joints flexible and muscles strong by exercising regularly, but avoid doing only 'high-impact' exercise for long periods of time. Alternate with 'low-impact' activities such as swimming and non-weightbearing gym work or Pilates exercise. Ballroom dancing is an ideal exercise for maintaining bone density, especially as it can be continued indefinitely.

b. Avoid injuries An intelligent approach to exercise will minimise injuries. Should problems occur, be sure to allow enough time for full recovery, and seek professional advice if symptoms persist.

c. Eat sensibly Eating a wide range of foods regularly helps to maintain good general nutrition. Some foods have particular properties which make them especially valuable e.g. oily fish (mackerel, salmon, pilchards, herring) flaxseed/linseed oil, fruit especially blueberries, bilberries, cranberries and tomatoes.

d. Maintain a sensible weight

e. Check for Food Allergies Severe joint problems can be due to food sensitivities. Consult a health professional for screening.

f. Take regular supplements Individuals who are at high risk of developing osteoarthritis or those who are already sufferers can often benefit from taking regular nutritional supplements.

WHICH SUPPLEMENTS ARE USEFUL?

There are many substances which can help, but do not try everything at once - you might have difficulty deciding which was responsible for the improvement. Take any supplement regularly for 3 months before assessing its effectiveness.

a. Glucosamine and Chondroitin These are naturally occurring substances which help to maintain and repair joint cartilage. Particularly effective when combined with shark cartilage. Glucosamine and Chondroitin are two of the most thoroughly researched supplements, and are widely available - however, quality varies enormously between brands.

b. Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) This vitamin is used by the body to produce its own anti-inflammatory hormones.

c. D-L Phenylalanine (DLPA) DLPA acts as a natural pain suppressant, which has none of the disadvantages of commonly used anti-inflammatory/pain killers.

d. Manganese Manganese is believed to reduce degenerative joint damage.

e. Antioxidants These substances help protect joints from damage caused by environmental and internal pollution, excessive exercise and bad diet. They include Vitamins A, C and E, Selenium, certain plant extracts and MSM (methyl sulphonyl methane).

f. Fish and Flax Seed Oils These are thought to improve joint lubrication and reduce inflammation.

g. Green-lipped Mussel Extract ('Seatone', 'Musseltone') Produced in New Zealand, this is a useful anti-inflammatory, with few reported side effects. It is often helpful for individuals with advanced degenerative changes.

A very good supplement is Eminence Joint Nutrition

You were talking about..

We don't want to treat the symptoms, but rather, the problem.
    Failure Modes and Effect Analysis? (FMEA)

"Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fizler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thanks for all the replies and help. You all have been a big help.