nashbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Problems making a nutrition plan...gluten and lactose intolerant :s HELP!

You guys have given me some great advice on a workout routine as I am new to fitness and weight lifting...but I am also finding it extremely difficult to find a nutrition plan to match my goals.

I am wheat/gluten and lactose intolerant and generally pretty food sensitive. I have been reading through the diet and nutrition threads but most of the base foods I can't eat (ex: oats, eggs/egg whites, beef). Any suggestions to what I should/could be adding in?

Here is a sample of my daily eating don't laugh lol...

Breakfast:
    - lactose free yogurt cup
    - gluten free corn flakes with lactose free milk and blueberries on top
    - orange juice

Lunch:
    - gluten free bread with cold cuts (always chicken or turkey)
    - carrot sticks
    - fruit (1 or 2 strawberries or a handful of grapes)
    - glass of lactose free chocolate milk

Dinner:
    - brown rice
    - chicken breast
    - steamed broccoli
    Dessert (sometimes...hehe)
    - lactose free ice cream with fruit

Snacks:
    - half an apple
    - smart pop popcorn

Should I try and get some gluten free, lactose free whey protein? Does that even exist?! lol.

HELP!

rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10) rakearl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Same :)

Originally Posted by nashbee View Post
    You guys have given me some great advice on a workout routine as I am new to fitness and weight lifting...but I am also finding it extremely difficult to find a nutrition plan to match my goals.

I am wheat/gluten and lactose intolerant and generally pretty food sensitive. I have been reading through the diet and nutrition threads but most of the base foods I can't eat (ex: oats, eggs/egg whites, beef). Any suggestions to what I should/could be adding in?

Breakfast:
    - orange juice

Lunch:
    - carrot sticks

Dinner:
    - brown rice
    - chicken breast
    - steamed broccoli

Snacks:
    - half an apple
    - smart pop popcorn

Should I try and get some gluten free, lactose free whey protein? Does that even exist?! lol.

HELP!
    I too am lactose and gluten intolerant. And choose to be a vegetarian. So i understand your sense of feeling lost in amongst all the nutrition plans.

I managed to find a super low lactose protein powder, made by International Protein, not sure if you can get it where you are. Might be worth googling lactose free protein powder. I know you can get soy and rice protein powders, although i don't know much about those.

I try not to eat any gluten free subsitutes, as a) they can be more expensive, and b) they can sometimes be super high in sugar, which is probably not what you want.
    I eat lots of vegetables and salads, and my 2 servings of fruit per day. I would also recomend a multivitamin to ensure you're not lacking in any essential vitamins and minerals.

Google and any of the forums on here can be super helpful, it can just take some time, and trial and error to find the right options for you
    I walk because I can, I run because I want to....

"If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain" - Dolly Parton

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hopefully freebirdmac will chime in. she's got more food allergies than anyone and makes it work. she'll have ideas for you. but there are also lots of people w/ celiac here who will be able to help.

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not sure your level of gluten sensitivity, but if it's 100% no gluten, be careful to get oats that say they are gluten free, as some oats are actually dusted in flour, and be careful with lunchmeat that also can have gluten filler. Even a lot of icecream (especially the lactose free ones) have a lot of thickeners/smoothing agents derived from wheat (so if you are Celiac, make sure it says gluten free or has a very short ingredient list - things like xytham gum sometimes come from wheat and can make ice-cream unfriendly). They do make gluten free and lactose free protein powder, it's just a little pricey. I'd need more food during the day than you're getting, so depending on what calories/protein you're aiming for, I'd add in the eggs, fats (avocados, peanut butter, nuts, etc) and other snacks. There are lots of yummy gluten free pastas out there, and other fun grains to try (and meat goes with everything).
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not sure what your goals are, but it looks like you're not eating nearly enough. If I was in your shoes, I'd really try to drop some of those lactose/GF foods and start including some more whole foods - maybe have a huge salad instead of the sandwich (maybe a taco salad with seasoned ground turkey, lots of hot sauce or salsa, and veggies)

For breakfast maybe you could have some nuts, fruit, or even leftover food from dinner.

You could also probably make a yummy chili that fits in with your dietary needs. And don't get stuck in a chicken rut - ground turkey, shrimp, fish, pork tenderloin, etc., are all other options.

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say. I can imagine it'd be very hard to get in enough protein unless you're eating like 10oz of meat a day.

nashbee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks! This is all really good advice! Ahhh now i'm going to go check that ice cream label :S I did not even think of that!

I am not sure how many calories I am aiming for...I just started working out and am following a 3x a week weightlifting routine and cardio/abs in between. I mainly want to tone-up and lose body fat.

As far as the protein powders go...there appears to be soy, rice, and hemp according to my google search, i suppose it will be trial and error which ones digest well for me (and taste decent lol). Anyone use any of those before?

sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks! This is all really good advice! Ahhh now i'm going to go check that ice cream label :S I did not even think of that!

I am not sure how many calories I am aiming for...I just started working out and am following a 3x a week weightlifting routine and cardio/abs in between. I mainly want to tone-up and lose body fat.

As far as the protein powders go...there appears to be soy, rice, and hemp according to my google search, i suppose it will be trial and error which ones digest well for me (and taste decent lol). Anyone use any of those before?
    I've used Sun Warrior (http://www.sunwarrior.com/products/sunwarrior-protein). It is very good, albeit expensive ($50 for just under 3lbs). It does taste good and is lactose free and gluten free Oh, I've tried chocolate and vanilla and been satisfied with both. I preferred the Vanilla, which surprised me, since Vanilla protein is notoriously...kinda icky sometimes. Hope I helped a bit.
    jersey girl, always *732*

squat - 180
    bench - 130
    DL - 190

JessieBrar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey nashbee i think we are allergy sisters. I am allergic to all that you mentioned and many more (33 in total ).
    I purchase soy protein powder and actually it is yummy and also soy flakes which have ton of protein as cereal (I do make my own cereal) and tofu and many other things.
    I know soy is not too healthy of an option as per some people then you are left with actually no option !!

Good luck

luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) luvstolift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JessieBrar View Post
    Hey nashbee i think we are allergy sisters. I am allergic to all that you mentioned and many more (33 in total ).
    I purchase soy protein powder and actually it is yummy and also soy flakes which have ton of protein as cereal (I do make my own cereal) and tofu and many other things.
    I know soy is not too healthy of an option as per some people then you are left with actually no option !!

Good luck
    potatoes, yams, and rice are gluten free and are great no matter what your goal is.

wsun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Breakfast:
    - orange juice

Lunch:
    - carrot sticks

Dinner:
    - brown rice
    - chicken breast
    - steamed broccoli

Snacks:
    - half an apple
    - smart pop popcorn

HELP!

If you are lifting, then you will need Casein for the evening such as CytoSport Casein that is both Lactose & Gluten free. As for Whey Supplement during the day, you can try any Whey Isolate or Hydro Whey which is Lactose free (contains very tiny amounts) but not sure if it will be Gluten Free.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Breakfast:
    - orange juice

Lunch:
    - carrot sticks

Dinner:
    - brown rice
    - chicken breast
    - steamed broccoli

Snacks:
    - half an apple
    - smart pop popcorn

HELP!
    You need to track your diet for awhile and get an eye opening view of what you are eating. Not just calories, but macros and nutrition. You have too much dairy, no where near enough fats, and not enough protein. I suspect when you see your nutritional intake you'll find yourself lacking in several vitamins/minerals.

Start with your protein and fat intake. You need at least 1g of protein and 0.3g of good fats per pound of body weight. Get those in and you can fill the rest of your calories with whatever you want. Deli meats are bad period. Tuna, salmon, chicken, turkey, and beef that are minimally processed are what you want to look for. Additives can have hidden allergens and add nothing good for your health. For good fats you'd like olive oil, tuna, salmon, flaxseed, nuts/seeds, nut/seed butters, and avocado.

For carbs there are fruits, veggies, and gluten free grains like buckwheat and quinoa. I have issues with gluten but do ok with McCanns oatmeal. Since you're ok with corn, I'm not, you have more breakfast options. There are some really good gluten free cereals. I remember liking flaxseed cereals.

I'd bump up the veggies; sweet potato, asparagus, spinach, black beans, squash are really good.

Track your diet for awhile and look at your nutritional intake.