fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Basic Cutting Question

I'm sure this has been answered many times, blah blah blah whatever.

So I cut to like 7% BF, and decide I want to stay that way for say, the summer, is it possible to eat normally for a month or so (maintenance calories?) ... or will I lose strength, mass considerably? I want to stay that lean...

It just doesn't make sense to me, because If I eat only 2000-2400 calories while cutting, and then suddenly eat normally, 3000 calories, aren't I going to gain weight? Suggesting I do cardio in both cases.

I mean I feel like I don't gain weight much, and over the course of a few months, while attempting to bulk I really have only put on like 3-4 pounds. I just would like to have NO love handles for the summer (don't even know if I can do this with my body).

I know macros matter, high protein diets in both, maybe a low carb for cut.

WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    gl with 7% bodyfat lmfao.
    1 Rep Max Lifts:6/9/2011
    Deadlift: 305
    Bench:240
    Squat: 255

fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fobbz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WilsonTiger View Post
    gl with 7% bodyfat lmfao.
    It's not impossible there big guy.

XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fobbz View Post
    It's not impossible there big guy.
    I feel ya bro. It doesn't really make sense to suddenly UP Ur cal. Count. I suggest intense cardio, & healthy low fat low carb food. U can keep protein high. When u notice Ur Bf% rise, lower cal count a lil and do extra cardio to trim down.
    Day by day, brick by brick.
    IronMuffin

redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm sure this has been answered many times, blah blah blah whatever.

So I cut to like 7% BF, and decide I want to stay that way for say, the summer, is it possible to eat normally for a month or so (maintenance calories?) ... or will I lose strength, mass considerably? I want to stay that lean...

Yes you can eat at maintenance, if on a strength program the whole time you should be able to maintain/gain strength.

It just doesn't make sense to me, because If I eat only 2000-2400 calories while cutting, and then suddenly eat normally, 3000 calories, aren't I going to gain weight? Suggesting I do cardio in both cases.

If you maintenance is 3000 then no, regardless of whether you have been dieting or not if you eat at your maintenace calories you will stay the same. If you want to maintain eat at maintenance during that month, make sure you allow for the calories you burn during lifting and lift heavy.

I mean I feel like I don't gain weight much, and over the course of a few months, while attempting to bulk I really have only put on like 3-4 pounds. I just would like to have NO love handles for the summer (don't even know if I can do this with my body).

Depends on your body type, some people have wide hips geneticly (yours truely)

I know macros matter, high protein diets in both, maybe a low carb for cut.

I like too stick with 1.5g of protein per lb on my cut, with moderate carbs and fats. Personally i dont cut out carbs, maybe you will need to lower them towards the end but some carbs are very useful on a cut imo. If you dont put fat on easy then you shouldnt need to cut carbs.
    See Bold.
    Goon Squad Forums <3
    www.goonsquadforums.com/

3k+ - Reps for fellow GSF Members.

[IIFYM]

**You only get out what you put in!**

Originally Posted by redrex94 View Post
    See Bold.
    Very very helpful, thank you, about the maintaining thing, so why is that? I mean if you've been eating less and losing weight, isn't your metabolism therefore slower and eating more (maintenance) makes you put on weight? I suppose if you're coming off a bulk you're metabolism has been working extra hard..

futurept83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futurept83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) futurept83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very very helpful, thank you, about the maintaining thing, so why is that? I mean if you've been eating less and losing weight, isn't your metabolism therefore slower and eating more (maintenance) makes you put on weight? I suppose if you're coming off a bulk you're metabolism has been working extra hard..
    if you are eating under maintenance then you will lose weight. if you eat maintenance then you will maintain. if you eat above maintenance then you will gain. simple as that. you just got to find your maintenance, not everybody`s is the same and the calculators arent always correct.

redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No your metabolism is not going to slow on a 500 deficit or there abouts. You may find your maintenance has dropped very slightly due to weight loss but this will be minimal and it doesnt sound like your going to drop a huge deal of weight.

When your ready to maintain eat at what you think your maintenance is and adjust from there. I dont count the first week as if your upping carbs and sodium you may carry a bit of extra water weight again but from the 2nd-3rd week make sure the scales are staying around the same and you will be set.

IMO i would go on a very lean bulk, eat 200-300 over maintenance then you havent wasted the month and shouldnt see fat gains. Each to there own, so its up to you.
    Goon Squad Forums <3
    www.goonsquadforums.com/

3k+ - Reps for fellow GSF Members.

[IIFYM]

**You only get out what you put in!**