Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool *****Bluekoolaid's Pump-Bol Log*****

About Me
    Weight: 159 lbs
    Height: 5' 8"

I was looking for a preworkout that was stimulant free so my lifter friends told me about Pump-Bol. One of them was also logging it for the transformation contest. I then made a thread and asked around and decided it would be worth a try and for the price of $30.00 I made my decision to give it a go.

Before this I have used in order Jack3d, GNC's N.O. maxitrin, and Superpump Max. I started lifting after a friend convinced me to join him during Fall of 2008. I entered college with a weight of 115 lbs. Since then I have really enjoyed lifting and will be continuing to do so. I will be bulking during this log till 170 lbs or greater.

Supplement Plan
    1. I will be taking one serving of Pump-Bol 45 mins preworkout
    2. Post Workout I will take one huge scoop of ON's Pro Complex Gainer with 2% milk
    3. Opti-men multivitamin
    4. 2 capsules of Fish oil from meijer
    5. 1 capsule of GABA 750mg before I go to sleep.

Diet
    For preworkout meal I always eat 1 cup of oats and 1.5 scoops of Whey protein.
    I am trying to bulk so I will be trying to eat 3400 - 3800 calories per day.
    Macros look like this at least 200g protein, 400g carbohydrates, 120g Fats.
    I am currently at home for the summer studying for the MCAT too so I will not be going out much so there will be minimum drinking if any. Also I go to restaurants often so I will try to estimate these calories.

Training Split
    Monday: Upper body power
    Tuesday: Lower body power
    Wednesday: OFF
    Thursday:Back and Shoulders hypertrophy
    Friday: Lower body hypertrophy
    Saturday: Chest and Arms hypertrophy
    Sunday: OFF

As some of you can guess I am following Layne Norton's routine for this log with a few modifications to hit my weak areas. I will be taking the last set to failure on each exercise during power days and on hypertrophy days I will go 1-2 reps shy of failure.

Goals
    I am doing this log to hopefully find a preworkout I can stick with and to gain strength and mass as well.

Starting Pictures

Front relaxed

Front flexed

Back relaxed

Back flexed

Back flexed upper

Side relaxed

Some pictures are a little blurry from Droid phone
    Last edited by bluekoolaid; 05-18-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    *** New Jersey Crew 732 ***

Lions*Tigers*Lakers*Spartans

bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Day 1

Upper body power

Flat Dumbbell Press
    60's*5

Weighted Dips
    25*10

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    50's*6

Bent Over Barbell Rows
    115*6

Weighted Pull-Ups
    3 sets to failure with 10lbs attached

Dumbbell Shrugs
    55's*10

Barbell curls
    60*7

Tricep V-bar Pulldowns
    65*8

Workout Notes: Overall good workout I was really tired at the end as I felt I should have been even with taking all of these last sets to failure. I noticed a really good pump in my Biceps during barbell curls and in my chest for flat dumbbell press. I was also super psyched on the way to the gym as well,

Day 2

Lower body power

Deadlifts
    225*5 NEW PR!!!

Hack Squats
    100*10

Leg extensions
    90*10

Hamstring curls
    100*6

Seated Calf extensions
    55*10

Decline bench sit-ups weighted
    25*6

Ab Leg raises

Workout Notes: Very good workout. I was a little worried going in to the gym today because I had to wake up at 6am for a new part time job, but I finished the job by 9am and slept to be more rested. There was a guy doing dumbbell curls while walking on the treadmill next to me. I don't know what the fuk that is, but later on he stole my ab machine for 20 mins, so I just did leg raises to failure. Previous Deadlift PR was 205*4.

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im in on the log!!!!!!!

Id keep the pump-bol dose no closer than 45 minutes. Take 45 minutes for the full effects of the nitrates to kick in. Dont worry it lasts a long time.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000) kfairhurst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great setup, I'll be following along. Let me know if you have any questions I could help you out with.

Originally Posted by kfairhurst View Post
    Great setup, I'll be following along. Let me know if you have any questions I could help you out with.
    Thanks, Feel free to offer any advice if you see something that is off. I will update this again on Thursday after my workout.

Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    Im in on the log!!!!!!!

Id keep the pump-bol dose no closer than 45 minutes. Take 45 minutes for the full effects of the nitrates to kick in. Dont worry it lasts a long time.
    Alright thanks, I will try to wait a little longer now before heading to the gym, after taking Pump-Bol.

KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes good call, nitrates need to be taken up by the small intestine go into the bloodstream first. Afterwards they are excreted by your saliva in your mouth and your natural bacteria will convert nitrate into nitrite before they take full effect.

Also some small tips that cane make a huge difference!
    Try drinking it slowly between 45-60 minutes prior to training. Swish the pump-bol around your mouth with every gulp. The resveratol's, quercetin and other ingredients will have greatly enhanced absorption, and the effects of the nitrates will be even more pronounced and amplified.

You can try chugging it the first week like most people and then use above methods the second week if you really want to see how much of a difference it makes.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In for Nitrate gainz

Registered User 495081 Drop_Dead's Avatar
    Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000) Drop_Dead is just really nice. (+1000)
    in on this. if i cant buy it (backorder) then i can at least read about other people using it until i can buy some. itll make me more excited for it

Yes good call, nitrates need to be taken up by the small intestine go into the bloodstream first. Afterwards they are excreted by your saliva in your mouth and your natural bacteria will convert nitrate into nitrite before they take full effect.

Also some small tips that cane make a huge difference!
    Try drinking it slowly between 45-60 minutes prior to training. Swish the pump-bol around your mouth with every gulp. The resveratol's, quercetin and other ingredients will have greatly enhanced absorption, and the effects of the nitrates will be even more pronounced and amplified.

You can try chugging it the first week like most people and then use above methods the second week if you really want to see how much of a difference it makes.
    Yeah first two times I chugged it before my workout, but today I drank it slowly and waited longer before heading to the gym. On the way there I noticed some flushing in my face. Ill talk about the workout in the post below.

Also my numbers will be lower on hypertrophy days as compared to the power days in this log and the rest time will be cut down on hypertrophy days as compared to power days. The days to really watch the numbers will be on power days which are Monday and Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Drop_Dead View Post
    in on this. if i cant buy it (backorder) then i can at least read about other people using it until i can buy some. itll make me more excited for it
    Originally Posted by Purplekoolaid View Post
    In for Nitrate gainz
    Glad to have you join in brahs

Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wink

Pump-Bol is a phenomenal pre-workout. Smart purchase.

Day 3

Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy

Bent over rows
    95*3

Weighted Pull-ups
    3 sets to failure w/ 5 lbs attached

Seated cable rows
    70*10

Barbell Shrugs
    105*12

Close-grip lat pulldowns w/ palm towards me
    60*15

Seated Dumbbell Military Press
    35's*8

Standing Barbell Military Press
    40*15

Lateral raises w/ dumbbell
    10's x 15

Workout Notes: Started feeling effects on the car ride to the gym and noticed a more significant pump in my shoulders especially which I normally don't get. I also felt more of a pump in my traps during shrugs and seated rows. This was a shorter workout as resting time was cut down a lot. I will now wait 45 mins before going to the gym before each workout to have these effects again. Lower back was also still sore this morning from deadlifts, but did not really notice once in the gym.

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Following CHamp!! Good luck
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

Day 4

Lower body hypertrophy

Squats
    135*4

Hack Squats
    50*8

Leg extensions
    55*15

Hamstring curls
    60*12

Seated Calf extensions
    30*10

35*8

Weighted Crunch Machine
    10*12

Workout Notes: Went a little bit later today as compared to when I normally go. The best pump was in my calves doing many reps today on seated calf extensions. Only unfortunate thing was my lower back really hurt at the end of squats and thus I did not go as hard as I wanted to on Hack squats. After that this was a good workout I was very sore going down the stairs from my gym and to my room at home. Tomorrow is the last day for this week's rotation.

Originally Posted by kfairhurst View Post
    On my workout today my lower back hurt at the end from squats more than usual. I believe this could be due to one of these reasons:
    1. Me not squatting for two weeks cause I had to miss Leg day.
    2. Lower back still sore from deadlifts on Tuesday.
    3. Me using improper form, even though I have watched video tutorials to learn proper technique and haven't had this problem before.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post
    Following CHamp!! Good luck
    Thanks brah

Day 5

Chest and Arms hypertrophy

Flat Dumbbell Press
    40's*3

Incline Dumbbell Press
    35's*10

Chest Press Machine
    70*12

Incline Dumbbell flyes
    15's*15

Preacher curls w/ barbell
    30*10

Dumbbell Concentration curls
    15's*12

Spider Curls
    20*16

Weighted Dips
    10*10

Workout Notes: Amazing pump in my biceps, it was almost as if I left my mortal body lol. I have included a picture from today's workout below. Haven't done this high of reps in a while for these muscle groups so this was a very intense workout. Arms are still feeling heavy now but a day of rest is needed. I will hit the gym on Monday again.

Bicep pump from earlier today

Day 6

Upper body power

Flat Dumbbell Press
    70's*3 new PR

Weighted Dips
    35*8

45's*8

Bent Over Barbell Rows
    110*10 new PR

Weighted Pull-Ups
    2 sets to failure unweighted

Dumbbell Shrugs
    60's*10

Barbell curls
    70*7

Tricep V-bar Pulldowns
    72.5*9

Workout Notes: I am really enjoying this routine so far with the results I'm getting I don't have any Dumbbells ending with a 5 after 55s at my gym so that is why I tried 70s today. Also the squat rack and barbell were in use so I used the heaviest barbell I could find on the curling rack cause I get impatient at the gym. Lots of PRs in this workout and very nice increases. Some of these increases are me just regaining strength cause during finals week I ate poorly and didn't work out. Pump-Bol had a much better effect as compared to when I chugged it before this workout last week. I was also too exhausted to do pull ups weighted but I will shoot for weighted next week. Also 50's were in use so I did 45's for Dumbbell shoulder press.

Keep it up!

Most users do report enhanced effects after the first week is done and over.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Keep it up!

Most users do report enhanced effects after the first week is done and over.
    Thanks very excited to deadlift tomorrow now

Day 7

Lower body power

Deadlifts
    235*6 NEW PR!!!

Hack Squats
    110*10

Leg extensions
    100*12

Hamstring curls
    110*5

Seated Calf extensions
    70*10

35*10

Ab Crunch Machine
    40*10

Workout Notes: Used a belt for the first time today while deadlifting. I am going to use one from now on because of how well today went. I felt a nice pump in my quads during leg extensions and in my calves. It seems as though its easy to feel the pump in smaller muscles as compared to muscles like chest and back. Great workout overall with nice increases.

Day 8

Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy

Bent over rows
    90*5

Weighted Pull-ups
    3 sets to failure w/ no weight, belt in use

Seated cable rows
    85*8

Barbell Shrugs
    115*15

Close-grip lat pulldowns w/ palm towards me
    70*15

Seated Dumbbell Military Press
    35's*12

Standing Barbell Military Press
    40*15

Lateral raises w/ dumbbell
    10's x 16

Workout Notes: Decent workout went at ten since I was busy all day with new job I am trying to adjust my sleep schedule so I don't have to take huge naps throughout the day. Was a little tired coming in the gym but increased from last weeks numbers so I was happy with that.

Last edited by bluekoolaid; 05-26-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Day 9

Lower body hypertrophy

Squats
    135*8

Hack Squats
    50*10

Leg extensions
    60*16

Hamstring curls
    70*10

Seated Calf extensions
    30*12

35*10

Weighted Crunch Machine
    20*12

Workout Notes: Went late again today due to work luckily I have it off till Tuesday. Decent workout had some increases and nice burn in calves especially. Tomorrow is Chest/Arms hypertrophy so gonna rest for that. My lower back problem was alleviated by wearing a belt during squats and hack squats. Since it worked on Deadlifts I figured it was the same problem.

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bluekoolaid View Post
    Bicep pump from earlier today

dammmmmmmmmmmmmm excuse my language but...your arms are hugeeeeee
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

Day 10

Chest and Arms hypertrophy

Flat Dumbbell Press
    40's*5

Incline Dumbbell Press
    35's*12

Chest Press Machine
    90*12

Incline Dumbbell flyes
    15's*18

Preacher curls w/ barbell
    40*8

Dumbbell Concentration curls
    20's*8

Spider Curls
    20*18

Weighted Dips
    10*11

Workout Notes: Almost raged at my gym went there at seven and they said they closed at seven so luckily I went to another gym nearby and they let me in as a guest cause I know a member there. Another good workout this is probably my favorite hypertrophy day of all of them but the power days are still my favorite in this workout program. Slight increases today so I was happy.

Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post
    dammmmmmmmmmmmmm excuse my language but...your arms are hugeeeeee
    Thanks brah, You as well.

Day 11

Upper body power

Flat Dumbbell Press
    55's*9

Weighted Dips
    45*6

50's*8

Bent Over Barbell Rows
    110*12

Weighted Pull-Ups
    3 sets to failure with 10lbs attached

Dumbbell Shrugs
    70's*8

Barbell curls
    70*8

Tricep V-bar Pulldowns
    72.5*10

Workout Notes: Chest was still kinda sore from Saturday I will try to not take as many sets to failure on that day and go 1 to 2 reps shy of failure. 60s and 70s were in use so I did as many as I could with 55s for lat dumbbell bench. Had to go earlier due to memorial day and had some slight increases on weight as well.

Day 12

Lower body power

Deadlifts
    255*5 yet another new PR

Hack Squats
    115*6

Leg extensions
    115*10

Hamstring curls
    110*6

Seated Calf extensions
    80*6

45*5

Ab Crunch Machine
    50*6

Workout Notes: One of the best workouts so far in the log. Really liking this routine in combination with pump-bol so far. I was very red at the end of deadlifts, I need to learn to breath better during them I think. I attribute some of these monster increases to watching DBZ before I worked out today. I am also thinking of doing chest/arms hypertrophy day on Thursday since Chest is one of my weak points and I will switch back/Shoulders hypertrophy day to Saturday.

Keep it up, nice log so far.

Some powerlifters actually hold their breath until near the end of the movement. I find better control of my heavier lifts that way.

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Keep it up, nice log so far.

Some powerlifters actually hold their breath until near the end of the movement. I find better control of my heavier lifts that way.
    Thanks, Yeah it seems to be working for me so I will keep with it then. I wasn't sure if what I was doing, in regard to breathing was proper for deadlifts.

Also After this week's day 15 entry I will take a one week break and continue logging once the rest week is over. After this week this will be my 5th week in a row working out and plus work is going to be busy that week as well. I will resume logging on the following Monday.