EAgoodfish has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Macros on off days

Maintenance cals are 2000

So what macros should I eat on off days

I'm trying to bulk with minimal fat gain as possible.

On training days I'm aiming for
    2250 Cals
    150 carbs
    300 protein
    50 fat
    Would anyone change this?
    And what should I eat on rest days

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EAgoodfish View Post
    Maintenance cals are 2000

So what macros should I eat on off days

I'm trying to bulk with minimal fat gain as possible.

On training days I'm aiming for
    2250 Cals
    150 carbs
    300 protein
    50 fat
    Would anyone change this?
    And what should I eat on rest days
    I eat the same if not more on rest days because that is when your doing the growing. You dont grow in the gym, you grow on your rest days.
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    I eat the same if not more on rest days because that is when your doing the growing. You dont grow in the gym, you grow on your rest days.
    Not 100% in agreement with the logic behind this. Net caloric expenditure isn't going to increase - even if you are doing the "growing" on rest days.

With that said, I do keep my calories about the same on off days. My macronutrients are adjusted slightly however. I aim for more fats/less carbs on off days - as suggested on leangains.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HunterCML View Post
    Not 100% in agreement with the logic behind this. Net caloric expenditure isn't going to increase - even if you are doing the "growing" on rest days.

With that said, I do keep my calories about the same on off days. My macronutrients are adjusted slightly however. I aim for more fats/less carbs on off days - as suggested on leangains.
    I agree, i just find that im a lil hungrier on my off days for some odd reason so I give in to my hunger.
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

So say i take out 50g carbs, i should add 25 g fat...based on calorie density, and keep protein high.

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    I agree, i just find that im a lil hungrier on my off days for some odd reason so I give in to my hunger.
    lol. I do the same thing bro. Why are we hungrier on off-days? Crazy.. I tend to think it has something to do with sitting at home a bit more, becoming bored, and then that translates into me thinking about food which makes me hungrier. idk.

Originally Posted by EAgoodfish View Post
    So say i take out 50g carbs, i should add 25 g fat...based on calorie density, and keep protein high.
    Uhm, you can see if that works for you. On a bulk, I'm not sure how much a change of the macros is necessary. My reasonings for doing so (aside from it being advised by leangains), is that my calories are being restricted, and I need the energy from the carbs on lifting days. I tend to have more energy and stamina on higher-end carb days. On off days, I tend to sacrifice a few of these carbs for more fat mainly because I like fat more than carbs. I'll take more peanut butter, whole eggs, 2% milk, cheese, and other fattening foods before I would take bread, pasta, rice.. etc.

I just like my fats.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

Thumbs up

lol. I do the same thing bro. Why are we hungrier on off-days? Crazy.. I tend to think it has something to do with sitting at home a bit more, becoming bored, and then that translates into me thinking about food which makes me hungrier. idk.

Uhm, you can see if that works for you. On a bulk, I'm not sure how much a change of the macros is necessary. My reasonings for doing so (aside from it being advised by leangains), is that my calories are being restricted, and I need the energy from the carbs on lifting days. I tend to have more energy and stamina on higher-end carb days. On off days, I tend to sacrifice a few of these carbs for more fat mainly because I like fat more than carbs. I'll take more peanut butter, whole eggs, 2% milk, cheese, and other fattening foods before I would take bread, pasta, rice.. etc.

I just like my fats.
    well i would take 20g carbs over 5g fat any day hahaha but thats just me.. thanx