Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'9", 148 lbs
    CasualJr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit CasualJr's BodySpace

Keep getting leg cramps? =/

So when ever I lift after about 6 reps i get cramp in both my calfs and it make it really uncomfertable to lift as I have to be wary incase my legs just go jelly nd that.
    After I get the cramp i deliberately get cramp to try and stop it coming back but it just return straight away causing me pain again..

Any one know how to get rid of this?
    Yes I am eating enough salt.

Registered User nomnomnomnomnom's Avatar
    Stats: 6'0", 190 lbs
    nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) nomnomnomnomnom has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit nomnomnomnomnom's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by CasualJr View Post
    So when ever I lift after about 6 reps i get cramp in both my calfs and it make it really uncomfertable to lift as I have to be wary incase my legs just go jelly nd that.
    After I get the cramp i deliberately get cramp to try and stop it coming back but it just return straight away causing me pain again..

do you stretch enough? before working out, let your blood flow and do light cardio for 5 minutes.
    - Misc Cologne Crew -
    - New Jersey Crew (732) -

Stats: 5'9", 148 lbs
    CasualJr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit CasualJr's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by nomnomnomnomnom View Post
    do you stretch enough? before working out, let your blood flow and do light cardio for 5 minutes.
    I used to strech because I fractured my spine and had to strength my lower back muscle which also helpped my legs but stopped doing it as I was pureply too lazy..
    I did abit of cario but like only 2 mins worth of shadow boxing nd that.
    Perhaps I should start streching my legs again as I also get it in football all the time which is a real bitch.

GADS92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I use too get cramp all the time. I noticed staying hydrated helped alot. There is also a pill called "crampex" If you take it before a heavy session etc it acts as a prevention. Hope thats helps.

Stats: 5'10", 204 lbs
    KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000) KingWhey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit KingWhey's BodySpace
    Shake your leg out or rub the stop were the cramp is its probally lactic acid build up and thats how you get a cramp

Stats: 5'5", 134 lbs
    Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dst110 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Dst110's BodySpace

Stretching is definately the problem
    Just because you stretch your quads or hams doesnt mean your calves are getting the same amount of stretch either =p