Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many protein shakes for fat loss?

Hi everyone!
    I am new to the site. I am 5'5", 132lbs, looking to get leaner, fitter, stronger (not too muscley). I am eating carbs only for breakfast (oatmeal) and then 1 slice wholemeal bread with peanut butter/cottage cheese only 1-2 hours after my workout. I eat 4-5 times a day, lots of veggies/fruit/good amount of protein etc.
    From last week, I have been doing (and will continue doing) weights 3 times a week, moderate cardio 3-5 times a week, and HIIT (bodyrock, Nike Training Club) 3 times a week.
    I am aiming at 1500 calories a day, but for the past 1-2 months of "clean eating", I have been falling off the wagon (into carbs) every sunday, and usually hit 1800-1900 calories on weekdays.
    Now, I have just started taking Myofusion protein powder. Is one shake (36g of which 25g protein) a day enough? I am afraid to take more in case I gain weight. Provided I get my act together and stick to my calories, how many shakes should I be having to lean out?
    MANY thanks!

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please read the stickies and shakes have no connection to fat loss.
    You need to be in deficit to lose fat, you daily totals (calories and macros) matter, not the shakes and/or choice of foods.

sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Froso View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I am new to the site. I am 5'5", 132lbs, looking to get leaner, fitter, stronger (not too muscley). I am eating carbs only for breakfast (oatmeal) and then 1 slice wholemeal bread with peanut butter/cottage cheese only 1-2 hours after my workout. I eat 4-5 times a day, lots of veggies/fruit/good amount of protein etc.
    From last week, I have been doing (and will continue doing) weights 3 times a week, moderate cardio 3-5 times a week, and HIIT (bodyrock, Nike Training Club) 3 times a week.
    I am aiming at 1500 calories a day, but for the past 1-2 months of "clean eating", I have been falling off the wagon (into carbs) every sunday, and usually hit 1800-1900 calories on weekdays.
    Now, I have just started taking Myofusion protein powder. Is one shake (36g of which 25g protein) a day enough? I am afraid to take more in case I gain weight. Provided I get my act together and stick to my calories, how many shakes should I be having to lean out?
    MANY thanks!
    Read. the. stickies.

You don't "need" a protein shake. A real meal PWO is perfectly acceptable--and encouraged! The number of meals you eat also doesn't matter. It's all about calories in vs calories out. Clean eating is bunk. Carbs are not bad. Once a week, a few hundred extra calories, is not going to kill you even if they're from big, bad, evil, terrible carbohydrates. OR EVEN WHITE SUGAR! Ahhhhhhhhh....!

Seriously, read the stickies
    jersey girl, always *732*

squat - 180
    bench - 130
    DL - 190

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Froso View Post
    Hi everyone!
    MANY thanks!
    WHOOPS! Misinformation abounds... Let me dispel some myths for you - it doesn't matter how many times you eat in a day, your overall calorie/macro intake is what is most important. Carbs are not bad, do not need to be restricted, or eaten at a particular time of the day (unless it helps with energy or something for you). HIIT is cardio, so you're doing cardio like 8 times a week? TOO much. Try Lifting 3 x per week, maybe followed with a bit of cardio afterwards, and maybe a couple HIIT sessions (20 min) per week. Eating more protein doesn't make you "lean out". Eating protein helps repair muscles after you damage them lifting. Excess protein will simply be converted into fat like everything else you eat over maintenance. A small person cannot really make good use of more than 25g of protein at one time (as far as I know) so eating a ton in one shake is kind of pointless.

Getting lean is merely a function of reducing overall bodyfat. That requires a caloric deficit. You need to figure out what maintenance is for you and calculate back from there.

There is a ton of info on this forum - simply look for the stickies and read those to learn what you need to know to reach your goals.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50) nakedbabytoes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Zero.

Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Froso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks a lot everyone! I will get onto the stickies now. I've been reading bodyrock.tv, and bodybuilding.com forums and I guess I've just gleaned my info from everyone else rather than experience (I don't have much in this area).
    Thanks again, you have all relaxed me!