Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Biotest's lastest wonder supplement...

"The compound is called cyanidin 3-glucoside, or simply C3G. C3G is an anthocyanidin that's found mostly in certain berries. It's technically classified as a "pigment" – it's what gives blueberries their deep indigo-blue color.

Research has proven that C3G has a powerful effect on insulin signaling and glucose management. Furthermore, research has also shown that C3G is highly beneficial in regulating a variety of important cellular functions, including cell growth. C3G has even been shown to enhance night vision.

These are all incredible findings, but it's the research on glucose management that's grabbed the attention of the muscle-building world. To be able to precisely control nutrient uptake – shutting it down in fat and ramping it up in muscle – has been the ultimate desire of every advanced bodybuilder for the last 30 years."

From their site about it. Any of the more well read posters on here have any thoughts? Thanks.

Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
    "The compound is called cyanidin 3-glucoside, or simply C3G. C3G is an anthocyanidin that's found mostly in certain berries. It's technically classified as a "pigment" – it's what gives blueberries their deep indigo-blue color.

Research has proven that C3G has a powerful effect on insulin signaling and glucose management. Furthermore, research has also shown that C3G is highly beneficial in regulating a variety of important cellular functions, including cell growth. C3G has even been shown to enhance night vision.

These are all incredible findings, but it's the research on glucose management that's grabbed the attention of the muscle-building world. To be able to precisely control nutrient uptake – shutting it down in fat and ramping it up in muscle – has been the ultimate desire of every advanced bodybuilder for the last 30 years."

From their site about it. Any of the more well read posters on here have any thoughts? Thanks.
    I've been using it for a couple years now so no, Biotest didn't just discover it... lol

Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok, just read the writeup and noticed the dosing and mention of better delivery/absorption, etc... It is dosed nice it seems and higher than the AOR product I was using which was a multi-nutrient formulation for another purpose.

I like and use some Biotest stuff.. Rhodiola and Metabolic Drive. I notice the excessive hype at times with their products, but I can deal with that if I end up finding a quality product to back it up. I'd be interested to try this to be honest as it does have health benefits far beyond just vanity. I do understand why some are turned off with the hype and stuff though.... I don't think any supplements work as wonderfully as they suggest.

bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

AOR Supp

hey do you have a name of the aor product you were using? and what were your results on it?

Originally Posted by bwbski22 View Post
    hey do you have a name of the aor product you were using? and what were your results on it?
    It's a great formua for vision health and provides overall health benefits as well if you research each ingredient seperately. AOR Vision Support II: http://www.aor.ca/html/products.php?id=76

Obviously the dose of C3G is much lower than the Biotest product which is focusing on this one ingredient for a specific function. The AOR product is basically giving you a dose similar to what a good diet rich in berries would and not intended for physique effects.

I'll let everyone know if I end up trying this Biotest product out if anyone is interested. Myself and a few members had a discussion not long ago on C3G in the science section I think it was... for some reason a few intelligent members were not big fans of it, but I always liked the research on it.

Wink

Originally Posted by Peter LeDrew View Post
    It's a great formua for vision health and provides overall health benefits as well if you research each ingredient seperately. AOR Vision Support II: http://www.aor.ca/html/products.php?id=76

Obviously the dose of C3G is much lower than the Biotest product which is focusing on this one ingredient for a specific function. The AOR product is basically giving you a dose similar to what a good diet rich in berries would and not intended for physique effects.

I'll let everyone know if I end up trying this Biotest product out if anyone is interested. Myself and a few members had a discussion not long ago on C3G in the science section I think it was... for some reason a few intelligent members were not big fans of it, but I always liked the research on it.

Ok, found it for ya on a search: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...&highlight=C3G

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Peter, I'm curious as to your thoughts on Benfotiamine for life extension.

Also, have you used OrthoAdapt?

Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    Peter, I'm curious as to your thoughts on Benfotiamine for life extension.

Also, have you used OrthoAdapt?

I get some Benfo for anti-glycation purpose yes. I get it in a couple AOR products... vision support and Advanced B: http://www.aor.ca/html/products.php?id=8

OrthoAdapt is fairly popular AOR product and I can't remember if I tried it before... I honestly tried just about everything AOR has ever made except products for women...lol. srs though you can pretty much name it A-Z and I have used it, but maybe not OrthoAdapt.

I do think it is way superior to everything that people mention and recommend here for Adrenal health and similar-minded uses. I think some bodybuilders might be skeptical of the licorice which some studies suggest might be negative for testosterone if I recall correctly, although Black Cats uses it and no one seems to say anything. Maybe it wouldn't be a big deal.

bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bwbski22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Reread the Biotest article. Seems like an amazing supplement. I also read some of the linked study's and it sounds like a bunch of great other benefits. Biotest seems like they hit it out of the park again.

dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here's the thing about Biotest; their products are overpriced and over hyped as well. However, they often are the first ones to bring a lot of staple ingredients to the market. They are the most overrated and underrated company all at the same time.

wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    inb4 blueberry brotocol

JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JornT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Make loads of $$$ while trolling customers with pseudo-science.

I'm mirrin'

Here's an interesting fact that you might not know. The fat cell (not the muscle cell) is a major regulator of how easily you gain muscle. It's the fat cell that sends all of the molecular signals for glucose and nutrient uptake in both fat and lean tissue.
    Classic.

Originally Posted by dancebot View Post
    Here's the thing about Biotest; their products are overpriced and over hyped as well. However, they often are the first ones to bring a lot of staple ingredients to the market. They are the most overrated and underrated company all at the same time.
    It all depends.

Metabolic Drive is not a cheap formula (Whey Isolate and Micellar Casein) yet it is competitive with everything else similar and tastes great at the same time... I truely love all their flavors in the low carb version to boot. It uses sucralose as the only sweetner which some experts recommend over all other artificial sweetners... Their Rhodiola is a higher standardized product and if you like Rhodiola it is a good option and not too expensive.

I really like the Surge Workout Fuel for high volume cardio and it is nicely priced with some excellent ingredients and if you dose it at just one scoop a little goes a long way... add in the liquid flavoring and it tastes really good. Same thing with their Finibar which also tastes great and is an interesting product if you're a cardio freak like me and require the extra carbs.

I really like their Receptormax and feel it is one of the best all-around products going and it isn't cheap, but at 45 servings and considering the ingredients and formula it is pretty fairly priced. I haven't been able to buy it with the ALCAR and me being in Canada. If you read the science on the ingredients there's a ton of research to back up their use for numerous health benefits and synergy together. Powerdrive looks decent for pre-workout... non-prop. blend, non-stim. and potent dosing. They have a few other interesting products and some not so much... but overall a very solid line in my opinion. They do things a little different which I appreciate and not simply follow everyone else. If you buy 2 or more of their products you usually get it at a discount as well.

If you can fault them it is their way of putting to much hype into their writeups. Many companies do it in the industry though while using cheaper ingredients and cheaper formulas. I honestly think Biotest has some quality products and I find it funny when many other companies utilize cheap ingredients using low doses of the more expensive stuff, sell it cheap and get all kinds of praise. I don't always like the way Biotest goes around marketing and over hype everything, but I can say I do enjoy a few of their products quite a bit and I am a very picky person.

Unless someone can show proof they fail label claims or something like that I think Biotest is a fine supplement company.

dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10) dancebot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Peter LeDrew View Post
    It all depends.

Metabolic Drive is not a cheap formula (Whey Isolate and Micellar Casein) yet it is competitive with everything else similar and tastes great at the same time... I truely love all their flavors in the low carb version to boot. It uses sucralose as the only sweetner which some experts recommend over all other artificial sweetners... Their Rhodiola is a higher standardized product and if you like Rhodiola it is a good option and not too expensive.

I really like the Surge Workout Fuel for high volume cardio and it is nicely priced with some excellent ingredients and if you dose it at just one scoop a little goes a long way... add in the liquid flavoring and it tastes really good. Same thing with their Finibar which also tastes great and is an interesting product if you're a cardio freak like me and require the extra carbs.

I really like their Receptormax and feel it is one of the best all-around products going and it isn't cheap, but at 45 servings and considering the ingredients and formula it is pretty fairly priced. I haven't been able to buy it with the ALCAR and me being in Canada. If you read the science on the ingredients there's a ton of research to back up their use for numerous health benefits and synergy together. Powerdrive looks decent for pre-workout... non-prop. blend, non-stim. and potent dosing. They have a few other interesting products and some not so much... but overall a very solid line in my opinion. They do things a little different which I appreciate and not simply follow everyone else. If you buy 2 or more of their products you usually get it at a discount as well.

If you can fault them it is their way of putting to much hype into their writeups. Many companies do it in the industry though while using cheaper ingredients and cheaper formulas. I honestly think Biotest has some quality products and I find it funny when many other companies utilize cheap ingredients using low doses of the more expensive stuff, sell it cheap and get all kinds of praise. I don't always like the way Biotest goes around marketing and over hype everything, but I can say I do enjoy a few of their products quite a bit and I am a very picky person.

Unless someone can show proof they fail label claims or something like that I think Biotest is a fine supplement company.
    Like I said, they are actually very cutting edge with a lot of their supplements, but you living in Canada, I figured you would have noticed the intensely high price point. They are definitely making high quality products, but when you see Hot Rox for $85.99 in Canada, it's a little jaw dropping.

I think you are spot on with their hyping. If you look at the Anaconda protocol (which I'm sure are fine products across the board), Christian Thibaudeau makes it sound like all his gains are coming from it. They were also the first company to compare forskalin to anavar (mind you, they were also the first to really bring forskalin to the market).

I don't buy their products anymore. I stand by the fact that they are overpriced and I've tried a decent cross section of them. However, I usually look at what they are doing and then wait for other companies to jump on board.

Originally Posted by dancebot View Post
    Like I said, they are actually very cutting edge with a lot of their supplements, but you living in Canada, I figured you would have noticed the intensely high price point. They are definitely making high quality products, but when you see Hot Rox for $85.99 in Canada, it's a little jaw dropping.

I think you are spot on with their hyping. If you look at the Anaconda protocol (which I'm sure are fine products across the board), Christian Thibaudeau makes it sound like all his gains are coming from it. They were also the first company to compare forskalin to anavar (mind you, they were also the first to really bring forskalin to the market).

I don't buy their products anymore. I stand by the fact that they are overpriced and I've tried a decent cross section of them. However, I usually look at what they are doing and then wait for other companies to jump on board.
    Yeah, the prices to buy them in Canada is ridiculous and not what I am referring to. Metabolic Drive 2lbs low carb is $70 freakin' dollars online in Canada, but I order straight from Biotest and get them for $30 each... the only issue is the shipping, but I try and do larger orders and pay the same one rate... I can't remember is there was customs or not. I think my last order ended up being around $35 for each tub after having everything factored in on costs.

I was hoping to eventually try Hot Rox Extreme, but it won't ship to Canada because of the Yohimbine.

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    biotests newer supps would be good if they werent so astronomically priced.

Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000) Garyboy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the great info, Peter. Was trying to rep you, but they won't allow me to right now.

Very well said about Biotest. It's just that the shipping to Canada is ridiculous, thus makes it very hard to pull the trigger on their stuff.

I guess those of us in the USA are lucky as Biotest gives us free shipping on all purchases.