seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanthebeast will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Increase BMR so I can eat more on a cut?

Is it possible to increase your BMR through cardio?
    My maintenance is ~2800 so I'd eat 2300 on a cut, while getting 160g protein. I don't want to take more than 25g whey each day, because my parents are cheap and hate buying me whey. So I need to be able to get in as much protein as possible, and I wanna be able to eat more.

Assuming I burn 200cal from cardio every day, that lets me eat 2500, but is it possible to permanently increase my maintenance, so my body needs more calories, even on days I don't do cardio?
    maybe HIIT?

Its also pretty hard for me to get in my lean protein, long story, but its not like I have unlimited chicken breasts stored in the fridge lol.

So help me brahs, trying to maximize the amount of calories I can eat on a CUT.

inb4 oldstatsandpic
    inb4 dontcut

steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelers1377 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dnp should up your bmr a little....

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    cardio won't change your BMR but it changes your maintenance calories. Your maintenance cals change every day according to activity that particular day. Burn an extra 300 cals, eat another 300 cals that day and it's a push.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BMR is a static number at any given time, it's what you'd burn if you were comatose in bed all day. HIIT and weight lifting are often cited as being able to increase your daily burn even after you're done doing them, but there seems to be some disagreement on exactly how significant that "something extra" is. If that's not what you're asking, then no I don't believe exercise can inflate your maintenance on days you're not actually doing the exercise; I've never heard of that kind of carryover effect anyway, maybe someone else knows something different.

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    cardio won't change your BMR but it changes your maintenance calories. Your maintenance cals change every day according to activity that particular day. Burn an extra 300 cals, eat another 300 cals that day and it's a push.
    This.

What you're asking for is a way to do nothing while still getting some benefit. AKA; being lazy. What you can do is increase your muscle mass which will in turn raise your BMR. No pain, no gain brah.
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you burn 300 calories through cardio, you can eat 300 more calories throughout the day with no difference in results..... it's pretty much that simple

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    May want to check out and research NEAT. It can help out a little, but probably not as much as you would like. Plus your NEAT might already be high.

Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis

That was the first thing that came up on google so I posted it. You can probably find better articles on it, but that should give you an idea on the basics.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by caretaker1 View Post
    BMR is a static number at any given time, it's what you'd burn if you were comatose in bed all day. HIIT and weight lifting are often cited as being able to increase your daily burn even after you're done doing them, but there seems to be some disagreement on exactly how significant that "something extra" is. If that's not what you're asking, then no I don't believe exercise can inflate your maintenance on days you're not actually doing the exercise; I've never heard of that kind of carryover effect anyway, maybe someone else knows something different.
    My text book cites the following on Physical Activity: Increases resting metabolism. More calories are required by the body at rest, which helps with weight management.

You can also go to wikipedia which has some studies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_a...metabolic_rate They state anaerobic exercise (weight lifting) increases your BMR not aerobic, which just burns calories. So it seems the only way to create a bigger gas tank is to build muscle. Or you can be michael phelps and burn so much in a day that you eat 10k cals. But that doesn;t mean he has a 10k gas tank, it just means he burns a **** load.

Also OP, eating 2-2500 cals is very easy and once you get used to eating that much then it becomes even easier. Whey protein is your friend btw.
    Last edited by Twstd; 05-13-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Never underestimate daily, consistent action coupled with the magical power of time.

TEEN SECTION: The uneducated trying to educate the uneducated.

Sampaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sampaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sampaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sampaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your parents are cheap.

Wait... Why aren't you buying your whey?

Your parents hate buying you whey.

Wait... Why aren't you buying your whey?