The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How many carbs are needed to replace the muscles glyogen stores?

Depending on your weight what is the minimal amount of carbs you have to eat to restore your glycogen stores? How long does it take to restore them? I couldn't find anything on google. If your doing a low carb diet and want to do hard bodybuilding training when should you eat your carbs?

Isn't the reason why bodybuilders eat carbs after a workout is to cause an insulin spike to increase protein synthesis? Couldn't you just get an insulin spike from drinking some whey protein isiolate instead?

kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500)
    it has to do with your lean body mass, but the whole point of the carb up is to refill your muscle glycogen AND supercompensate, so you should need more and more carbs after every carb up.

low carb diet but not keto? eat carbs BEFORE workout, then dont worry about it afterward; or split it up before and after, depending how low carb.

ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    On ckd i do 800g on sat 400g on sunday

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Read the stickies. There is lots of information there about carbing up.
    Bender, part of being human is having self-control. -Amy Wong

Fat loss per month =
    Obese : 6-8%
    Moderately overweight: 4-6%
    Average: 2-4%
    Lean 1-2%
    Very lean .5-1%

^via female sticky on realistic goals

The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10) The-ROAR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How many carbs do you need a day to be able to make as much muscle as possible while bulking? Are lots of carbs even necessary to build a lot of muscle?

I was thinking of doing a TKD. instead of doing them at the end of the week I do them before and after I workout and on rest days I eat no carbs. So for example before I work out I would eat 50g of carbs and some whey protein and after working out I would do the same. Would this method be effective? I'm just not sure how many carbs I should eat before and after my workouts.
    Last edited by The-ROAR; 05-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought you said carbs are bad lolol

Brb associating sedentary American lifestyle to a bodybuilder who is active.
    Just a weight lifter

Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post

Nah bro they ain't bad...up to a point. Anything in excess is bad even water. Do you sir know what's the least amount of carbs you can eat a day to still get maximal gains? I'm just so worried about my health. Bulking up and bodybuilding probably isn't the best thing you can do for your longevity but I just want to do it in the healthiest way possible.

Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The-ROAR View Post
    Nah bro they ain't bad...up to a point. Anything in excess is bad even water. Do you sir know what's the least amount of carbs you can eat a day to still get maximal gains? I'm just so worried about my health. Bulking up and bodybuilding probably isn't the best thing you can do for your longevity but I just want to do it in the healthiest way possible.
    Your question is like asking how long is a piece of string.
    Just a weight lifter

aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000) aknopf95 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your question is like asking how long is a piece of string.
    LOL best thing I've read here in a while
    United States Army Medic

kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500)
    it has to do with your LBM! calculate that, then do some experiments (give cushion because of liver glycogen) -- you know the scientific method, huh? carbs are you variable on carb up day; but you'll have to get some non-empiracal data with how you FEEL.

Originally Posted by aknopf95 View Post
    LOL best thing I've read here in a while
    The kid is fukcing scared of carbs... he wants to bulk on keto, like seriously? Yeah man whats the least amount of CHO I can bulk with? I totally know it's anabolic and muscle and protein sparing, but I want the least.. LOL

You scared carbs gonna make you fat?
    Just a weight lifter

The kid is fukcing scared of carbs... he wants to bulk on keto, like seriously? Yeah man whats the least amount of CHO I can bulk with? I totally know it's anabolic and muscle and protein sparing, but I want the least.. LOL

You scared carbs gonna make you fat?
    What got me worrying about carbs was The writings of Arthur de Vany. Have you heard of him? http://www.arthurdevany.com/

TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    THE ROAR: There is a problem with raising carb intake. The basic theory of keto low-carb diets is that we must keep insulin levels low in order to be in a perfect fat-burning state. So here is the thing. if you feel totally tired, wasted in any day, you should not think about carbohydrates, you should still be patient and keep riding the keto wagon.

The problem is that if you in any day that you feel like a total piece of crap (I mean really beat up and tired from the heavy weights), you should be patient, suck all all your pain and tiredness and get used to high fat protein diet with very little carbs.

And you should only rely on eating about 100 to 200 grams of carbs on a specific day devoted to carbohydrates.

But I think that if you really wanna lose weight fast and be on a permanent keto low-insulin state, you should only do a carb-up once every 2 weeks, or once a month.

And by the way I don't understand how we are supposed to ingest 800 grams of carbohydrates in the carb-up day. Isn't that too much?

I consider for myself that with 100 grams to 200 grams of carbs i can be carb-loaded and re-energized for the next week or 2 weeks on the keto diet until the next carb-up day

How many carbs do you need a day to be able to make as much muscle as possible while bulking? Are lots of carbs even necessary to build a lot of muscle?

I was thinking of doing a TKD. instead of doing them at the end of the week I do them before and after I workout and on rest days I eat no carbs. So for example before I work out I would eat 50g of carbs and some whey protein and after working out I would do the same. Would this method be effective? I'm just not sure how many carbs I should eat before and after my workouts.
    I AM A LEFTIST REALIST. AND ACCORDING TO MY REALISM, THE ONLY OPTION THAT MARXISTS HAVE IN 2012 IS RON PAUL. RON PAUL IS THE ONLY SOLUTION USA HAS FOR 2012. ALL LEFTISTS OF THE USA SHOULD SUPPORT RON PAUL. HE IS THE ONLY MESSIAH SAVIOUR USA HAS. WE HAVE 2 OPTIONS: RON PAUL OR DEATH. FOR MORE INFO ON THE COLLAPSE OF USA GO TO http://www.paulcraigroberts.org and http://www.informationclearinghouse.info !!

What got me worrying about carbs was The writings of Arthur de Vany. Have you heard of him? http://www.arthurdevany.com/
    Stop being so fukcing naive.

I'm eating 500g CHO a day and still have striated glutes. Seriously, that website made me fukcing laugh. Paleotard bullcrap.
    Just a weight lifter

Stop being so fukcing naive.

I'm eating 500g CHO a day and still have striated glutes. Seriously, that website made me fukcing laugh. Paleotard bullcrap.
    not everyone's muscles hold the same amount of glycogen or deplete them as fast, or even burn as many calories as everyone else. one size doesnt fit all.

question cumulonimbus: if your muscles and liver are full of glycogen, and you ingest more carbs, what happens? does it spill over into adipose tissue?

Originally Posted by kmal View Post
    not everyone's muscles hold the same amount of glycogen or deplete them as fast, or even burn as many calories as everyone else. one size doesnt fit all.

question cumulonimbus: if your muscles and liver are full of glycogen, and you ingest more carbs, what happens? does it spill over into adipose tissue?
    That simply depends on your TDEE. You are correct that everyone is different, however, trying to bulk with less than 200g of carbs is a joke. A female I know on this forum, Juliachec, eats 180g carbs when DIETING.
    Just a weight lifter

Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That simply depends on your TDEE. You are correct that everyone is different, however, trying to bulk with less than 200g of carbs is a joke. A female I know on this forum, Juliachec, eats 180g carbs when DIETING.
    Do you mean less than 200g a day? If so I think you're being too black and white Cumu.

If that were the case then there would be no success stories with the anabolic solution bulk.

If u meant a week, then disregard that.

if the muscles and liver are completely full of glycogen, that implies no [extra] energy expenditure. if your muscles and liver are full of glycogen, and you ingest more carbs, even if in total caloric deficit, the carbs will go straight to adipose tissue and water, correct?

corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100)

I notice you only come into the keto forums to troll. lol

corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100) corx3 is not very well liked. (-100)
    200 grams a day of carbs is fine when bulking if your fat and protein are adequate imo. No one's going to be ketogenic with 200 grams of carbs unless they're at professional athlete levels of activity.

P.S.

You're so crabby. I wonder how much your life must suck with that stick rammed up your ass all day? Lighten up lol.

TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I come from a family with X-syndrome, low metabolism and who gain weight easy. And i can't eat above 100 grams of carbohydrates. I only eat about 150 grams of carbs. on my carb-up days, and 20 to 35 grams on my regular keto days

I AM A LEFTIST REALIST. AND ACCORDING TO MY REALISM, THE ONLY OPTION THAT MARXISTS HAVE IN 2012 IS RON PAUL. RON PAUL IS THE ONLY SOLUTION USA HAS FOR 2012. ALL LEFTISTS OF THE USA SHOULD SUPPORT RON PAUL. HE IS THE ONLY MESSIAH SAVIOUR USA HAS. WE HAVE 2 OPTIONS: RON PAUL OR DEATH. FOR MORE INFO ON THE COLLAPSE OF USA GO TO http://www.paulcraigroberts.org and http://www.informationclearinghouse.info !!

Originally Posted by TonyBear View Post
    I come from a family with X-syndrome, low metabolism and who gain weight easy. And i can't eat above 100 grams of carbohydrates. I only eat about 150 grams of carbs. on my carb-up days, and 20 to 35 grams on my regular keto days

How does your condition effect your muscle gains? Do you just mostly gain fat with little muscle?

Originally Posted by corx3 View Post
    I notice you only come into the keto forums to troll. lol
    Originally Posted by corx3 View Post
    200 grams a day of carbs is fine when bulking if your fat and protein are adequate imo. No one's going to be ketogenic with 200 grams of carbs unless they're at professional athlete levels of activity.

P.S.

You're so crabby. I wonder how much your life must suck with that stick rammed up your ass all day? Lighten up lol.
    u irate?

Originally Posted by TonyBear View Post

And this is where keto is beneficial. You are and have been diagnosed with insulin resistance, whereas a majority of this forum makes up bullcrap by saying they are "insulin sensitive" - while they mean resistance but they're just talking jibberish out their arse.
    Just a weight lifter