LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100)

Training Each Bodypart 2x/wk or 1x??

Hi everyone,

I've been training each body part 2x/wk with an upper and lower split for Mon. & Tuesdays (heavier days), then a conventional 3 day split for Thurs,Fri & Saturdays with higher reps.

I've recently added more cardio with extra evening cardio session but am finding it draining with the weight training schedule above, so I was thinking of cutting down the weights to 1x/wk for each bodypart to allow for the extra cardio, as I really want to continue to lean out and avoid a plateau.

I was wondering if those of you who incorporate double cardio sessions keep up their regular weight training program or cut down on it, or what??

Suggestions/comments please?

Thank-you!
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver
    ----------------------------------

Our deepest wounds surround our greatest gifts....love and honor thyself.

-----------------------------------
    Your Outlook on Life is a direct reflection of how much you like Yourself.
    Good or Bad, Love Life, Love Yourself.....Que Viva La Vida!!!

-------------------------------------

LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100) LaVida is not very well liked. (-100)
    Anyone????

Originally Posted by lavida View Post
    hi everyone,

i've been training each body part 2x/wk with an upper and lower split for mon. & tuesdays (heavier days), then a conventional 3 day split for thurs,fri & saturdays with higher reps.

I've recently added more cardio with extra evening cardio session but am finding it draining with the weight training schedule above, so i was thinking of cutting down the weights to 1x/wk for each bodypart to allow for the extra cardio, as i really want to continue to lean out and avoid a plateau.

I was wondering if those of you who incorporate double cardio sessions keep up their regular weight training program or cut down on it, or what??

Suggestions/comments please?

Thank-you!
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No, don't do less workouts with the weights just to add more cardio. Reduce your carbs a bit instead of adding more cardio too. Here's something to try:

Try doing cardio in the morning on day 1 and weights at night. Day 2 do cardio in the morning and at night. Day 3 is the same as day 1. Keep rotating. Don't look at your workouts as once or twice every seven days. Why set a seven-day limit? Train every body part every 5-6 days depending on where it falls in the rotation. Gives you plenty of recuperation time and plenty of time for extra cardio. Makes going to the gym fun without being locked into "leg day" on thursday or "back day" on tues... "chest day" is always Mondays:-)

So essentially you are saying to do cardio 2x/day on my OFF days? hmm...sounds good!

The weights cycle however is a bit confusing to keep track of. I'm the kind of person who needs something regimented and need to have a plan. I need to know what I'm doing, why and how....ahead of time.

As for my carbs....that's another problem. Right now I'm at 141g/day, and have thought about reducing them further, but with the added cardio, it's been difficult, and I really don't know WHEN to reduce them and don't know HOW MUCH to reduce them to??

Any advice??

Thanks!

Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    No, don't do less workouts with the weights just to add more cardio. Reduce your carbs a bit instead of adding more cardio too. Here's something to try:

Try doing cardio in the morning on day 1 and weights at night. Day 2 do cardio in the morning and at night. Day 3 is the same as day 1. Keep rotating. Don't look at your workouts as once or twice every seven days. Why set a seven-day limit? Train every body part every 5-6 days depending on where it falls in the rotation. Gives you plenty of recuperation time and plenty of time for extra cardio. Makes going to the gym fun without being locked into "leg day" on thursday or "back day" on tues... "chest day" is always Mondays:-)
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't workout to the point of burn out. Your body can only take so much training before it starts to fight you HARD!

Adjust your diet for fatloss goal, stay relatively heavy on the weights and incorporate some really bursty HIIT.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Okay, then stay at 2x/wk with weights?

Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    Don't workout to the point of burn out. Your body can only take so much training before it starts to fight you HARD!

Adjust your diet for fatloss goal, stay relatively heavy on the weights and incorporate some really bursty HIIT.
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LaVida View Post
    Okay, then stay at 2x/wk with weights?
    Do you mean only hit weights twice a week or each body part with weights twice a week?
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why do you keep posting in this section?
    Read the stickies in the female section, pick a goal - muscle gain or fat loss, set up your diet (calories/macros) around the foods that you enjoy, pick a proven routine, do compound lifts, get stronger.
    It's not that hard really.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Read the stickies in the female section, pick a goal - muscle gain or fat loss, set up your diet (calories/macros) around the foods that you enjoy, pick a proven routine, do compound lifts, get stronger.
    HAve to agree with Julia. Pick a goal and then be deliberate but patient. Barn also raised an important point. You can't fight your body too hard. You'll loose.

Double cardio sessions are a bad idea, period. That is a generally a "whoops, I f'd up my diet and now I may not be ready to compete in time" game plan. Sometimes it's necessary but doing it has a cost. Don't pay that cost if you don't need to.

Seriously, if you're not loosing body fat, it's your diet. Tweak that before resolving to run yourself ragged with cardio.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

I mean hitting each body part twice a week.
    Currently I do one heavy and the other time lower weights/higher reps.

Do you mean only hit weights twice a week or each body part with weights twice a week?
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver

Julia,
    I post in this section because I CAN!!
    Why do you keep answering questions that are not being asked??!!

La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver

Julia,
    Oh ... I assumed you were prepping for a comp here!!

If not then yes ... please post this in another form.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Julia,
    I am not surprised you are in the red.
    Honestly I think you are a troll.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Julia,
    Negged for being a borderline bitch to Julia.

Trololololoololololol. Not laughing.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    u mad?

Oh ... I assumed you were prepping for a comp here!!

If not then yes ... please post this in another form.
    Who said I wasn't????
    I am not sure as to which one I'll be ready for, but there is the IDFA on July 23rd and if not then the November 5th one is my next option.
    Last edited by LaVida; 05-17-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver

I am not surprised you are in the red.
    Honestly I think you are a troll.
    I don't know what being in the "red" means as I come to bb.com for support and info when I need it and not for "ratings".
    The fact that you think I'm a troll doesn't bother me, because I've seen your pictures and I'm afraid that you are much closer to looking like one than I.
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver

I don't know what being in the "red" means as I come to bb.com for support and info when I need it and not for "ratings".
    The fact that you think I'm a troll doesn't bother me, because I've seen your pictures and I'm afraid that you are much closer to looking like one than I.
    WTF, now I think you have some serious mental issues.

WTF, now I think you have some serious mental issues.
    Why? because I defend myself after you call me a troll? lol

Whatever!!!
    Yo me quiero igual! Que viva la Vida!!
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Solid Thread.
    Would read again.

Negged.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Julia, if you're reading this, don't pay attention. I'll speak for myself as a solid Hetrosexual Man. I think you're beautiful..body, face and mind With a different set of circumstances, I would be jetting down to NYC this weekend to take you for a workout and dinner!

LaVida, As a competitor, you're welcome to post here and some of us are willing to help you out. For God's sake though.... mind your manners. You're acting like a freaking Outside Linebacker!

Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    Julia, if you're reading this, don't pay attention. I'll speak for myself as a solid Hetrosexual Man. I think you're beautiful..body, face and mind With a different set of circumstances, I would be jetting down to NYC this weekend to take you for a workout and dinner!

LaVida, As a competitor, you're welcome to post here and some of us are willing to help you out. For God's sake though.... mind your manners. You're acting like a freaking Outside Linebacker!
    Huhh?? She tells me to go ask my question in another forum and then calls me a troll, and yet I'm acting like an Outside Linebacker??? uhhh?! whatever, to each his own I guess.
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver

Huhh?? She tells me to go ask my question in another forum and then calls me a troll, and yet I'm acting like an Outside Linebacker??? uhhh?! whatever, to each his own I guess.

Shhhhh Shhh Shh... Easy. Man, you're like an angry little Badger! I was only kidding about the Outside Line Backer.....Maybe you're really a Defensive Back???? Kidding!

But, chill baby! It's all good. Nobody knew you were prepping for a contest. And julia didn't mean you're a troll....like homely...she meant it in a different way.

Either way:

As for training twice a day. I would not do that until/if it's absolutely necessary. Seriously, if you want to talk in more detail about what you're trying to accomplish, fire away. I'm happy to lend an ear and provide my feedback......as long as you're not planning on biting me or something..

Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    Shhhhh Shhh Shh... Easy. Man, you're like an angry little Badger! I was only kidding about the Outside Line Backer.....Maybe you're really a Defensive Back???? Kidding!

But, chill baby! It's all good. Nobody knew you were prepping for a contest. And julia didn't mean you're a troll....like homely...she meant it in a different way.

Either way:

As for training twice a day. I would not do that until/if it's absolutely necessary. Seriously, if you want to talk in more detail about what you're trying to accomplish, fire away. I'm happy to lend an ear and provide my feedback......as long as you're not planning on biting me or something..
    Well, I was being completely serious when I said I didn't know what it meant to be in the "red" and I DID assume that she was calling me a Troll as in those ugly dolls lol
    but anyways, I suppose this discussion has taught me a few things about this site that I knew nothing about!
    Troll, Negged etc. ??!! So I did read about what "troll" meant:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I still think it was rude to be calling me that because I don't see how I was "disrupting normal on-topic discussion" or "provoking readers into an emotional response"???

Sheesh! so much trouble for what I thought was a simple logical question!

Thanks for all your replies, but I won't bother anymore.

Bye!
    La Vida,
    Restless Self-Improver