Sulley65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Not enough calories?

Quick question! im eating what im supposed to be eating of protein! but i am not nearly close of eating my calorie goal for the day! ! some say its a myth! but some people say you stop loosing weight when this happens or you loose it slower!

canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is that a question or a statement?
    The body doesn't struggle to lose weight...the mind does - keep measurements, keep your sanity.

I'm an Englishman living in Canada...oh how I miss a decent curry!

Former skinny fat member @ 158lbs - now 205lbs and 15%. It's been a long journey but a rewarding one.

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sulley65 View Post
    Quick question! im eating what im supposed to be eating of protein! but i am not nearly close of eating my calorie goal for the day! ! some say its a myth! but some people say you stop loosing weight when this happens or you loose it slower!
    There is no question in the above quote.

If you are under your calorie needs for the day you are going to lose weight, assuming your needs are calculated correctly.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Sulley65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its just a question, thanks for the answer too, just trying to kill an argument!

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Confused!
    Barely decent crew

Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jersey732D is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SideSteal View Post
    There is no question in the above quote.

If you are under your calorie needs for the day you are going to lose weight, assuming your needs are calculated correctly.
    Do you stick to a calorie deficit (minus your maximum daily allowance) or do you find yourself skipping calories simply because you don't have an appetite? Should we force ourselves to intake calories in fear of not getting enough supplements for the day?

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jersey732D View Post
    Do you stick to a calorie deficit (minus your maximum daily allowance) or do you find yourself skipping calories simply because you don't have an appetite? Should we force ourselves to intake calories in fear of not getting enough supplements for the day?
    Since you're quoting me I'll assume you're asking me the above, but maybe you intended to ask OP.

When I'm cutting, I stick to a deficit to the best of my ability. I will almost never have issues consuming too little food while on a cut.

I'm currently bulking, eating slightly above maintenance, also not having any issues not getting in enough food. I honestly think I could eat 5k/day just fine--the only thing that would have to change would be my meal timing, in that I'd probably start eating breakfast and lunch if I needed to cram in that many calories in a day. As of right now, I can use a short feed window between 5pm and 11pm and hit 3k calories without problems.

To your last question, I don't think we should ever "force ourselves", but at the same time, if you're setting a claoric deficit and still having issues getting there on a regular basis, I'd look at possible causes.

In closing, I do think that eating too few of calories (falling well short of your caloric goal) repeatedly, is unhealthy.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=