AlexisAllen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How important are sports on a college resume?

Hi guys

How important are extracurricular activities and playing sports to getting into college? I was told that if you don't play a sport in high school, then you don't have much of a chance to getting into college.

Best regards
    AlexisAllen

Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tex236 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AlexisAllen View Post
    Hi guys

How important are extracurricular activities and playing sports to getting into college? I was told that if you don't play a sport in high school, then you don't have much of a chance to getting into college.

Best regards
    AlexisAllen
    Whoever said that is fos..Your grades are whats going to get you into college in the first place, and in order to get a sports scholarship you still have to have the grades to do it..Although don't get me wrong they do look at sports and extra curricular as a plus especially if you held your grades up while involved in those activities, that's more how they look at it. If its worrying you then think of it this way, say out of a major university population do you really think that 80% of those kids played sports to get in or did they do their homework and keep their grades up to do it?? College is about a higher education not about how good you can play a sport even the greats who play college sports are told to do their homework..