Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    josephkwon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how much protein after workout?

how much protein should i intake for my protein shake?
    and do i have to take protein shakes even on non workout days?

Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cauldshower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by josephkwon View Post
    30-40g WHEY after WO. You may also take 30g WHEY 20 min before WO.
    Other than that, it depends if you reach your macros with real food or not.
    Have you eaten all day, and you are full, but still lack 20g of protein and 80cal? Take a 20g shake..

DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanMee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

Read this, and other stickys in the nutrition section

TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrippleA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by josephkwon View Post
    its not that important to main idea from pre and post workout shake is :
    * pre shake : is to put some food into your stomch to prevent muscle breakdwon to use as energy. ideal shake is mixing 1 scope whey protein + .5 cup of oats. (30-1 hr )

*post shake : is to restore your body and muscle glycogen level after hard workout. ideal shake is mixing 1 scope whey protein + red grape juice / gatorade / any sport drink that contain high simple sugar. (just after finish)

the shake pre and post are like having small meal easy to digest to make you workout without waiting.

Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000) Wevans2303 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TrippleA View Post
    * pre shake : is to put some food into your stomch to prevent muscle breakdwon to use as energy. ideal shake is mixing 1 scope whey protein + .5 cup of oats. (30-1 hr )

*post shake : is to restore your body and muscle glycogen level after hard workout. ideal shake is mixing 1 scope whey protein + red grape juice / gatorade / any sport drink that contain high simple sugar. (just after finish)

the shake pre and post are like having small meal easy to digest to make you workout without waiting.
    Whilst I most agree with you on the post workout meal, the idea that a pre-workout meal of complex carbs 30 mins- 1 hour before training gives you the energy to lift, is false.
    1k+ people.

bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i always get some carbs before workout, i find it does give me energy anddd it ensures that you use your carbs rather than breaking down your protein. then i take a 2 scoop shake afte workout to repair muscles.

rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50) rickykurniawan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1scoop after waking up and 1scoop + fast high GI CARBS after workout..
    Pain is temporary.. Pride is forever!

Tank.. Tank.. TAAAANK. WannaBeATank's Avatar
    WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cauldshower View Post
    30-40g WHEY after WO. You may also take 30g WHEY 20 min before WO.
    Other than that, it depends if you reach your macros with real food or not.
    Have you eaten all day, and you are full, but still lack 20g of protein and 80cal? Take a 20g shake..
    Originally Posted by TrippleA View Post

Originally Posted by rickykurniawan View Post
    1scoop after waking up and 1scoop + fast high GI CARBS after workout..
    You are all wrong.
    Look me in the eye. It's okay if you are scared, so am I, but we are scared for different reasons. I am scared of what I willn't become, you are scared of what I could become. Look at me! I will not let myself end where I started, I will not let myself finish where I begin. I know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet. Look me in the eyes, I have something more important than courage, I have patience. I will become what I know I am.

bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bryanharvey13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeATank View Post
    You are all wrong.
    Whey pwo is wrong eh? Whey and simple sugars after workout is great to help recovery

redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redrex94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeATank View Post
    You are all wrong.
    This.
    Goon Squad Forums <3
    www.goonsquadforums.com/

3k+ - Reps for fellow GSF Members.

[IIFYM]

**You only get out what you put in!**

Location: birmingham, midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    max161 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) max161 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) max161 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whole foods will always be best, however for convenience 50g whey or a mixture of whey and casein is good as well. i usually go for 25g of each plus a whole food meal within 90 minutes post workout. aim for 50-100g sugary/starchy carbs with your pwo shake depending on current macros.

should also mention this is just what ive found best over the years, what works for me may not work for you!
    better to die and sleep the never waking sleep than linger on and dare to live when your souls life has gone

Originally Posted by max161 View Post
    whole foods will always be best, however for convenience 50g whey or a mixture of whey and casein is good as well. i usually go for 25g of each plus a whole food meal within 90 minutes post workout. aim for 50-100g sugary/starchy carbs with your pwo shake depending on current macros.

should also mention this is just what ive found best over the years, what works for me may not work for you!
    This

I always do things this way and it seems to work. Although ive only been working doing weights now for about three months so im not saying what i do is best, just works for me

Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This thread. Caused me to catch. Aids.

max161 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) max161 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) max161 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jamie94 View Post
    This thread. Caused me to catch. Aids.
    thats probably because you are a manlet.
    better to die and sleep the never waking sleep than linger on and dare to live when your souls life has gone

Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thats probably because you are a manlet.
    You think carbs are needed with PWO shake, your arguement is invalid.

You think carbs are needed with PWO shake, your arguement is invalid.
    hardly, gaining lean muscle mass isnt going to happen with whey protein on its own, if you want to put your body in an anabolic state you have to have sufficient macros, and carbs pre and post workout are essential as this is when your body will otherwise be catabolic. weight training breaks down muscles, FACT. prooper nutrition and rest rebuilds them bigger and stronger. FACT. that cant happen if you dont fuel your body properly.

not even sure why im arguing this after looking at your stats anyway.

hardly, gaining lean muscle mass isnt going to happen with whey protein on its own, if you want to put your body in an anabolic state you have to have sufficient macros, and carbs pre and post workout are essential as this is when your body will otherwise be catabolic. weight training breaks down muscles, FACT. prooper nutrition and rest rebuilds them bigger and stronger. FACT. that cant happen if you dont fuel your body properly.

LoolololololololololololololLoolololololololololol olololLoolololololololololololololLoololololololol ololololololLoolololololololololololololLoolololol olololololololololLoolololololololololololololLool ololololololololololololLoolololololololololololol olLoolololololololololololololLoololololololololol ololololLoolololololololololololololLoolololololol olololololololLoolololololololololololololLoololol ololololololololololLoolololololololololololololLo olololololololololololololLoololololololololololol ololLoolololololololololololololLoolololololololol olololololLoolololololololololololololLoololololol ololololololololLoolololololololololololololLoolol olololololololololololLoololololololololololololol LoolololololololololololololLoolololololololololol olololLoolololololololololololololLoololololololol ololololololLoololololololololololololol

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)

Pre and post workout meals are not needed at all. Meal timing is pretty irrelevant.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bruno93 View Post
    Pre and post workout meals are not needed at all. Meal timing is pretty irrelevant.
    This

Originally Posted by Bruno93 View Post
    i'll agree with you for most meals, but ive always found pre and post workout protein + carbs helpful for energy, strength, and pumps. that being said its just what ive found works for me so thats what il stick to!

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'll agree with you for most meals, but ive always found pre and post workout protein + carbs helpful for energy, strength, and pumps. that being said its just what ive found works for me so thats what il stick to!
    I know what you mean and you're completely right. If it gives you more energy by having a good preworkout meal (same goes for me actually) then go ahead and have one, but macro and calorie breakdown at the end of the day is what matters.

WeHateAtheist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeHateAtheist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeHateAtheist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeHateAtheist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeHateAtheist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WeHateAtheist has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you're 140lbs..just eat a lot...

90% of advices here are broscience

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no its not because it works for you, its because you havent tried anything else.

PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10) PRCouture is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i take two scoops + water gives me a good 64g and i feel full
    afterwards i eat a banana and two apples

before i eat a bagel and cream cheese + cereal

uMAD?

btw, ideas; protein-powder + milk & cereal?
    tried it once, **** didn't mix though... sad story.

Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lets put it this way, if only half of the year you had protein shakes after your workout and in an alternate universe you had post protein shake all year round... i dont think there would be any difference in your transformation-especially if you had a good routine in both + ate right.

Originally Posted by joebrosef View Post
    no its not because it works for you, its because you havent tried anything else.
    no il admit when i started i was the classic noob thinking if i just took a shake twice a day and went to the gym and did bicep curls and bench press i thought id get big. thank f**k i know better now. the fact that ive sorted out diet and training has made a hell of a difference, and some of that i have to put down to pre and post workout meals. just my opinion though, why change it if it aint broken!

WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilsonTiger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pretty sure the body can only absorb up to 25g of protein at one time.
    1 Rep Max Lifts:6/9/2011
    Deadlift: 305
    Bench:240
    Squat: 255

no il admit when i started i was the classic noob thinking if i just took a shake twice a day and went to the gym and did bicep curls and bench press i thought id get big. thank f**k i know better now. the fact that ive sorted out diet and training has made a hell of a difference, and some of that i have to put down to pre and post workout meals. just my opinion though, why change it if it aint broken!
    Just realised your from Brum too.

You're still a **** though

Originally Posted by WilsonTiger View Post
    Pretty sure the body can only absorb up to 25g of protein at one time.
    That doesn't mean the rest of the protein is wasted. It'll stay in your system for 24 hours. (although I'm not very sure about this, I've seen some posts about it, I might be spouting broscience)

Just realised your from Brum too.

You're still a **** though
    im a **** because i like pre and post workout meals? just giving my opinion dude.