Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

yohimbine hcl - Training

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question on training while taking Yohimbine. Been doing some research most things say fasted cardio is best! However, Im cutting my cardio down to 20min 2/3x week and doing a heavy 4 day weights split. Iv been bulking for the last while and can really see a difference don't want to return to the ye old skinny fat bird by belting out fasted cardio every morning. Just looking for some advice wil the yohimbine still be as effective if Im not doing fasted cardio?

Cheers

KP!

Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As far as I know, insulin negates the effect of yohimbe, so it's pointless using it before cardio unless you are in a fasted state....
    "Ain't about how fast I get there.....it's the climb"

Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks H, so using it with a 4 day weight split is useless ! Boo

Kp

kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hannah73Louise View Post
    As far as I know, insulin negates the effect of yohimbe, so it's pointless using it before cardio unless you are in a fasted state....
    This is what I've heard too. Also, yohimbe has a lot of side effects too. Mood swings and so on. Not my cup of tea.
    The sexiest parts of my body? My brain, my spine, and my guts.

"Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams and goals. You only fail if you quit on them. Everything else is just a setback. But don’t be like 98% of the world who complains about their lives but are too cowardly to do anything about it. If you want something, GO TAKE IT. Nothing will be handed to most of you." - Layne Norton

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kristeen View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick question on training while taking Yohimbine. Been doing some research most things say fasted cardio is best! However, Im cutting my cardio down to 20min 2/3x week and doing a heavy 4 day weights split. Iv been bulking for the last while and can really see a difference don't want to return to the ye old skinny fat bird by belting out fasted cardio every morning. Just looking for some advice wil the yohimbine still be as effective if Im not doing fasted cardio?

Cheers

KP!
    There is really not much point in using yohimbine unless you are on a caloric deficit, which it sounds like you aren't since you are bulking? Cause otherwise in a caloric excess, the fat will just deposit back to the "stubborn" areas. It is necessary for yohimbine to be taken fasted, at a high enough dosage (0.2mg/kg), and with caffeine to be most effective. Any fat loss benefits of yohimbine are negated by insulin, so if you are in anything other than a fasted state (not just carbs as some people think, so at least 4-5 hours since last meal) it is again pointless to take. Also, HIIT is not the best protocol to use with yohimbine for a couple reasons - 1 - it increases your HR/BP and you may feel like having a heart attack if you do HIIT, and 2- the point is more to spend a longer time (45-60 minutes) burning off the fatty acids that yohimbine is releasing from the alpha-androgenic fat cells (thighs, butt, etc) not a general metabolic boost that HIIT gives you.

It is possible to do weights then cardio with yohimbine, as long as you stick to the protocol of:

1. Fasted state
    2. Take 0.2mg/kg yohimbine with 200mg caffeine 1 hour prior to cardio (be aware of timing with weight training, you don't want too many effects of yohimbine during intense weights since you may have increase HR or other sides)
    3. Do MISS cardio for 45-60 minutes
    4. Wait about an hour or so after till your next meal

Yohimbine can be effective in those who are pretty lean already, are cutting, and who can follow it's protocol to a tee, thing is a lot of people don't so don't get the full benefit. I would also recommend doing a trial with say, a half dose first, as the sides can be intense for some.

There is a lot of info on yohimbine HCL use (*not* yohimbe the plant) on Lyle McDonald's site/forum (sticky specifically on it in his supp subforum) and in his books if you want more info.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    There is really not much point in using yohimbine unless you are on a caloric deficit, which it sounds like you aren't since you are bulking? Cause otherwise in a caloric excess, the fat will just deposit back to the "stubborn" areas. It is necessary for yohimbine to be taken fasted, at a high enough dosage (0.2mg/kg), and with caffeine to be most effective. Any fat loss benefits of yohimbine are negated by insulin, so if you are in anything other than a fasted state (not just carbs as some people think, so at least 4-5 hours since last meal) it is again pointless to take. Also, HIIT is not the best protocol to use with yohimbine for a couple reasons - 1 - it increases your HR/BP and you may feel like having a heart attack if you do HIIT, and 2- the point is more to spend a longer time (45-60 minutes) burning off the fatty acids that yohimbine is releasing from the alpha-androgenic fat cells (thighs, butt, etc) not a general metabolic boost that HIIT gives you.

It is possible to do weights then cardio with yohimbine, as long as you stick to the protocol of:

1. Fasted state
    2. Take 0.2mg/kg yohimbine with 200mg caffeine 1 hour prior to cardio (be aware of timing with weight training, you don't want too many effects of yohimbine during intense weights since you may have increase HR or other sides)

Yohimbine can be effective in those who are pretty lean already, are cutting, and who can follow it's protocol to a tee, thing is a lot of people don't so don't get the full benefit. I would also recommend doing a trial with say, a half dose first, as the sides can be intense for some.

There is a lot of info on yohimbine HCL use (*not* yohimbe the plant) on Lyle McDonald's site/forum (sticky specifically on it in his supp subforum) and in his books if you want more info.

Cheers mate!! Helpful stuff!

MY cals are sitting about 1600 at the mo! Just trying to harden up now strip some bf. Got the caps in the body building store here!! Dosnt have much info!! like how much is in each cap!! Im guessing I take one! My plan was get up up eat nothing gubb a yohimbine cap shot of espresso and hit the cardio 45 mins steady state! 3x per week! then do weights in the afternoon! Don't want to totally shrink tho!! As I was thinking about really decreasing my cardio in order to look leaner and harder just from all the info iv been reading on here lots of folk suggest it !! so don't want to contradict all my training if you know what mean!

THanks again

KP

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cheers mate!! Helpful stuff!

MY cals are sitting about 1600 at the mo! Just trying to harden up now strip some bf. Got the caps in the body building store here!! Dosnt have much info!! like how much is in each cap!! Im guessing I take one! My plan was get up up eat nothing gubb a yohimbine cap shot of espresso and hit the cardio 45 mins steady state! 3x per week! then do weights in the afternoon! Don't want to totally shrink tho!! As I was thinking about really decreasing my cardio in order to look leaner and harder just from all the info iv been reading on here lots of folk suggest it !! so don't want to contradict all my training if you know what mean!

THanks again

KP
    It should say on the bottle how many mg per capsule. If it's the ones from BB.com, just the plain yohimbine HCL, it should be 2.5 mg/capsule. Your dosage if your stats are correct would be 12.5 mg (5 caps) (your BW in pounds divided by 2.2 to get kg. Then multiply that by 0.2mg/kg). But start out with less, maybe one or two for your first time to see how you react. Good luck!
    Gym PRs:

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

It should say on the bottle how many mg per capsule. If it's the ones from BB.com, just the plain yohimbine HCL, it should be 2.5 mg/capsule. Your dosage if your stats are correct would be 12.5 mg (5 caps) (your BW in pounds divided by 2.2 to get kg. Then multiply that by 0.2mg/kg). But start out with less, maybe one or two for your first time to see how you react. Good luck!
    cool, What do you think personally should I go for the yohim fasted cardio ect! or cut my cardio down and lift heavier? Just saw the comment about the mood swing! hah OH DEAR!!

KP

cool, What do you think personally should I go for the yohim fasted cardio ect! or cut my cardio down and lift heavier? Just saw the comment about the mood swing! hah OH DEAR!!

KP
    Yohimbine is just one small tool, it will not make or break your results. However, it has been proven to have some positive effect on stubborn lower body fat in those who are already pretty lean, doing everything else right, and follow the correct protocol. Lifting heavy is always good, *never* jeopardize lifting for the allure of cardio to "burn fat". If the sides are too much for you, stop using it. Again, it is not going to be *the* thing to give you the results you always wanted, it is just one small boost in the grand scheme of things.

So, if it doesn't work for you, don't fret, and continue to lift heavy. Losing weight is more about cals in vs cals out, so diet is more important that just cardio. But in the context of yohimbine, it does have some merit in focusing on the "stubborn fat" areas as a slight bonus, but needs that specific form of fasted cardio to utilize it most.
    Gym PRs:

Yohimbine is just one small tool, it will not make or break your results. However, it has been proven to have some positive effect on stubborn lower body fat in those who are already pretty lean, doing everything else right, and follow the correct protocol. Lifting heavy is always good, *never* jeopardize lifting for the allure of cardio to "burn fat". If the sides are too much for you, stop using it. Again, it is not going to be *the* thing to give you the results you always wanted, it is just one small boost in the grand scheme of things.

So, if it doesn't work for you, don't fret, and continue to lift heavy. Losing weight is more about cals in vs cals out, so diet is more important that just cardio. But in the context of yohimbine, it does have some merit in focusing on the "stubborn fat" areas as a slight bonus, but needs that specific form of fasted cardio to utilize it most.
    cool! Thanks for all this by the way!

I think I'll get a prog sorted diet sorted to a t! Then if my progress is slacking a bit I'l get the Yohimbine on the go!! I guess nothing can beat a good diet and training eh! Just need to keep blasting it!

ALSO - your in great shape had a look at ur pics!! abage! obliques look good!

KP cheers

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi everyone,

Cheers

KP!
    yes Yohimbine hcl is a beta 2 antagonist. so most benefits you have seen have most likely been in your problem area's. All and all a great supplement, especially for women. I don't recomend doing cardio fasted anyhow...While this is great for fat loss, but Fasted is also great for muscle and protein canabolism.
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

Originally Posted by mavrick77 View Post
    yes Yohimbine hcl is a beta 2 antagonist. so most benefits you have seen have most likely been in your problem area's. All and all a great supplement, especially for women. I don't recomend doing cardio fasted anyhow...While this is great for fat loss, but Fasted is also great for muscle and protein canabolism.
    Hi, you have just thrown a spanner in the works there ha!! So you suggest jsut taking the Yoh and not bothering with the old fasted cardio?

KP

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi, you have just thrown a spanner in the works there ha!! So you suggest jsut taking the Yoh and not bothering with the old fasted cardio?

KP
    to be honest.... Fasted Cardio really depends on someones goals..

the problems I have with it:
    1) cardio is already devastating enough on muscle, doing it fasted burns up muscle even more. For this various reasons, A LOT of guys who compete, avoid cardio as much as possible due to the fact of how much muscle it truly eats.

2) If your goal is to gain muscle and loose fat... fasted cardio is a bad idea

3) if your goal is to just shrink, fasted cardio will sure get you their...
    a) if this is your goal, you will shrink...but in the process, you will destroy your metabolism by destroying all your muscle. so as soon as you go back to maitenence calories, you will notice, your metabolism is much slower now then it used to be..hence weight gain

4) My best suggestion, control your diet thru calories... Use cardio, but in moderation. 3-5 days a week, TOPS... for 30-45min. None of this 5-7 days a week, fasted , a hour at a time.
    - Most people who do extreme cardio ALWAYS hit a platue where weight will no longer come off, or their body seems to look worse in weeks to come. This is the body holding onto fat, because it doesn't know where its next meal will come from (after all we are hunter and gather'er cavemen) and canabolizing muscle for fuel. **when this happens, it requires months and months of metabolism repair, a slow and tedious process.

I hope this helps some, and I know some will disagree in here. Just ask some other competitive bodybuilders in the o35 forum...and the ones who truly compete, will probably tell you the same thing. now granted their is that one genetic freak out of 10...that can drink beer, do cardio and still prep for a show. LOL
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

1) cardio is already devastating enough on muscle, doing it fasted burns up muscle even more. For this various reasons, A LOT of guys who compete, avoid cardio as much as possible due to the fact of how much muscle it truly eats.

a) if this is your goal, you will shrink...but in the process, you will destroy your metabolism by destroying all your muscle. so as soon as you go back to maitenence calories, you will notice, your metabolism is much slower now then it used to be..hence weight gain

4) My best suggestion, control your diet thru calories... Use cardio, but in moderation. 3-5 days a week, TOPS... for 30-45min. None of this 5-7 days a week, fasted , a hour at a time.

I hope this helps some, and I know some will disagree in here. Just ask some other competitive bodybuilders in the o35 forum...and the ones who truly compete, will probably tell you the same thing. now granted their is that one genetic freak out of 10...that can drink beer, do cardio and still prep for a show. LOL
    haha some folk are lucky! I cant eat no junk or i might as well glue it directly onto myself ha!

I agree with the fasted cardio its catabolic ! However I think its the only way the Yoh supp works!! so might just give it a miss all 2gther and hit the weights heavy heavy and do cardio hit 20mins after weights 3x per week!!

cheers for the input

KP

haha some folk are lucky! I cant eat no junk or i might as well glue it directly onto myself ha!

I agree with the fasted cardio its catabolic ! However I think its the only way the Yoh supp works!! so might just give it a miss all 2gther and hit the weights heavy heavy and do cardio hit 20mins after weights 3x per week!!

cheers for the input

KP
    Sounds like a good solid plan. I wouldn't give up on the yohimbine, I have found it helps keep my wifes problem area's much leaner, even when bulking. It may not work as quickly, as when doing cardio fasted... but I think it will help in the long run for ya... besides its very cheap

Best of luck to you and your goals!

BTW..just saw your pics, GREAT PROGRESS. Truly nice to see when someone is working hard.

[QUOTE=birdiefu;680184351]There is really not much point in using yohimbine unless you are on a caloric deficit, which it sounds like you aren't since you are bulking? Cause otherwise in a caloric excess, the fat will just deposit back to the "stubborn" areas. It is necessary for yohimbine to be taken fasted, at a high enough dosage (0.2mg/kg), and with caffeine to be most effective. Any fat loss benefits of yohimbine are negated by insulin, so if you are in anything other than a fasted state (not just carbs as some people think, so at least 4-5 hours since last meal) it is again pointless to take. Also, HIIT is not the best protocol to use with yohimbine for a couple reasons - 1 - it increases your HR/BP and you may feel like having a heart attack if you do HIIT, and 2- the point is more to spend a longer time (45-60 minutes) burning off the fatty acids that yohimbine is releasing from the alpha-androgenic fat cells (thighs, butt, etc) not a general metabolic boost that HIIT gives you.

1. Fasted state

Just planning my new training with all this info,

1- wait an hour till you eat after fasted cardio?? Il be starvin can I have a shake?

2- take yOhimbine on your non cardio/rest days?

KP

Just planning my new training with all this info,

1- wait an hour till you eat after fasted cardio?? Il be starvin can I have a shake?

2- take yOhimbine on your non cardio/rest days?

KP
    #1 isn't a hard and fast rule, but it would be in your best interest not to eat immediately after your cardio, waiting a bit is recommended.

#2 - Seems to be two camps of thought on this. First, the direct effects of yohimbine (mobilizing alpha-2 fat) are only useful if you are actually doing some work (cardio) to burn off those mobilized fats, otherwise they will re-deposit once you spike insulin. Second thought is that the effects of yohimbine increase over time as it builds up in your system, so even if you aren't getting direct benefit at that time, cumulatively it has benefits.

I suggest you read this forum/thread for some more accurate info on yohimbine:

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=4076
    Gym PRs:

#1 isn't a hard and fast rule, but it would be in your best interest not to eat immediately after your cardio, waiting a bit is recommended.

#2 - Seems to be two camps of thought on this. First, the direct effects of yohimbine (mobilizing alpha-2 fat) are only useful if you are actually doing some work (cardio) to burn off those mobilized fats, otherwise they will re-deposit once you spike insulin. Second thought is that the effects of yohimbine increase over time as it builds up in your system, so even if you aren't getting direct benefit at that time, cumulatively it has benefits.

I suggest you read this forum/thread for some more accurate info on yohimbine:

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=4076
    legend mate thanks! I had a read there!! Im goin to do the slow duration cardio fasted take the yohimbine 30 mins before then wait 30 ish mins to eat! PM weights. Doin cardio 4x per week, wont be taking the yohimbine on the days Im not doing cardio! it dosnt really say anywhere what the deal is on the days you dont train ect.

cheers

kp

sprtsgirl65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

- Most people who do extreme cardio ALWAYS hit a platue where weight will no longer come off, or their body seems to look worse in weeks to come. This is the body holding onto fat, because it doesn't know where its next meal will come from (after all we are hunter and gather'er cavemen) and canabolizing muscle for fuel. **when this happens, it requires months and months of metabolism repair, a slow and tedious process.

thanks for this response. I currently do my cardio 3x a week after my training of about 1 hour so my body is in a little fasted state. I dont want to lose my hard earned muscle :-). I take 7.5 mg 15 min prior to cardio and do the MISS technique and i can see the difference in my quads, which is where I need the help. so I will keep doing what I am doing.
    www.giovisport.net

samir1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Guys, I Have read about Yohimbine, and I have decided to start taking it, any suggestion for a good brand?

Thank You all

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by samir1974 View Post
    Hi Guys, I Have read about Yohimbine, and I have decided to start taking it, any suggestion for a good brand?

Thank You all
    any brand as long as it's hcl.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Viraag27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

KP
    Hey man! Just trying to find out an answer to whether I will be able to reap in all the benefits of Yohimbine HCL without doing cardio and only taking it before my weight training sessions?

For the record I've been on Keto for 3 months now and calling in Yohimbine for those last bulges. I dont want to give away any muscle whatsoever since ive been on a really aggressive cut.

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Viraag27 View Post
    Hey man! Just trying to find out an answer to whether I will be able to reap in all the benefits of Yohimbine HCL without doing cardio and only taking it before my weight training sessions?

For the record I've been on Keto for 3 months now and calling in Yohimbine for those last bulges. I dont want to give away any muscle whatsoever since ive been on a really aggressive cut.
    Hi,

There are no significant proven benefits to Yohimbine, see here for a review of the research: https://mennohenselmans.com/yohimbin...born-fat-loss/

There is also no fat less benefit to doing "keto" if that's your reason for doing it.

When cutting aggressively you're going to lose muscle. (BY FAR) your best way to minimise this is with intensity and effort in the gym, but its still happening, the more advanced/lean you are the worse it'll be.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com