twisted8765 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) twisted8765 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Building chest muscle with dumbbells without bench

I'd like to build some chest muscles with a pair of dumbbells infront of my TV. I don't have enough room in front of my TV so I can't place a bench there. I'm looking for an exercise that I can do while I'm watching my shows.

After looking through a bunch of chest exercises that involves dumbbells, it seems that they all involve doing presses or flies on a bench. Are there any other alternatives?

owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000) owen54 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Push ups
    "It's not the blood you spill it's the blood you share, your family, friendships, your community. These are the most valuable things a man can have."

Fairlady Z33 drivers Crew

Hittin back any green

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by owen54 View Post
    Push ups
    Brilliant!

This and cut your addiction to TV. Or get an exercise ball and do presses on it. You can do flys on the floor.
    IamJons Awesome workout log:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=659599573#post659599573

Author of "The Loser Mentality"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=699707851#postcount%20=21

"The Predators Are Feeding (And You're What They're Eating)"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=710146201&postcount=184

IamJon's Sermon at the Breakfast Table:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=713520011&postcount=12

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IamJonsCranium View Post
    ,,,cut your addiction to TV.
    I think this is a much more important matter to discuss. America's population has an addiction to TV that spawned such corporations as Fox, and also influenced the dominating force that is the BBC. Since the BBC has grown astrong, being accepted by American audiences, whilst also competing against channels in its own country, has engineered a construct in England which was the single most important aspect of the Euro's dominance over the dollar, which was an effective result of the dangers the Pound faced against other European currencies. Since the Euro began to dominate the exchange rate system, China in turn made an agenda to artificially keep the dollar inflated for its own securities, in which they found the motivation to build the worlds fastest supercomputer. Where did China come up with this inspiration? The Matrix. You see, it is American culture that has spun its own web of demise, and all you can think of doing to improve it is to do develop your chest muscles while watching the very thing that is destroying us. There is still hope however.

Instead of doing your chest exercises in front of the TV, do them in front of the computer instead. YOu see the internet was most developed over a network of university in California just like the popularization of motion picture media in Hollywood. It unites the world in commerce, while leaving sole credit to the state of California, no matter how slow its supercomputers are in comparison to say China's, or even MIT.

Also, if you stand while leaning back just a little, you can put some upper pectoral muscles into a military press variation.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdevonmize is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^ Lol. Nice. Yeahh..its already been said..Push Ups are the way to go (:

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mrdevonmize View Post
    ^ Lol. Nice. Yeahh..its already been said..Push Ups are the way to go (:
    and what, put the dumbbells on your back or something?

You can use the dumbbells as push-up stands allowing farther range of motion.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Has no one here mentioned that if he can afford to watch TV (or anything at all for that matter) that he's not training hard enough?
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IamJonsCranium View Post
    Brilliant!

This and cut your addiction to TV. Or get an exercise ball and do presses on it. You can do flys on the floor.
    the exercise ball makes a nice cheap bench for the house.

however, OP, you aren't going to get a lot of results if TV takes priority over exercises.
    i'm hungry

Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grtr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why does it have to be infront of your TV? Stop being lazy and go outside and do this.

dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dryeyes has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    dumbbell floor press,all you need is dumbbells..... and a floor.

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This must be a troll. Don't make tv your priority. Get a gym membership. They have all the equipment you'll need. Or, buy your own equipment and *gasp* put it somewhere in your house besides in front of the tv.
    Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution.

Performance and performance alone dictates the predator in any food chain.

Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roniboney is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    get a gym membership you fricking troll.Honestly why do people create stupid threads like this.Can i work my chest out while watching tv.Brb chest pressing 10lb dumbells for an hour while watching true blood or dexter

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP what are your favorite TV shows brah?

nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nab2point0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by twisted8765 View Post
    I'd like to build some chest muscles with a pair of dumbbells infront of my TV. I don't have enough room in front of my TV so I can't place a bench there. I'm looking for an exercise that I can do while I'm watching my shows.

After looking through a bunch of chest exercises that involves dumbbells, it seems that they all involve doing presses or flies on a bench. Are there any other alternatives?
    Floor press and press ups holding dumbells for a full movement. You can do fly's off the floor too but they're not as effective.

When working out your eyes should be blurry and hopefully bleeding with strain so you can't watch tv.

bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bozotheclown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    $50 gets you a bench you can do dumbbell exercises with. I have one of these and doing exercises with 60+ poundages is not a problem for this bench stability-wise.
    Do some flyes and bench presses for mass. The bench is awkward for decline pressing, but for flat and incline it's great. Granted, the bench doesn't have a perfectly flat position, but it's enough to lay your torso and pelvis on, which is enough to get into a good stable position.

After your dumbbell exercises, get a backpack and put a couple lighter dumbbells in there. Strap it on and do pushups or diamond pushups to hit your tris.

That should give you 4 or 5 great exercises and a well-rounded workout for your chest. Good luck.

twisted8765 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) twisted8765 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I never thought of doing flies without a bench. I will give that a try. Good idea on using the dumbbells to elevate me off the ground while doing push-ups

I go to the gym regularly. This term, I'm planning to go 3 or 4 times a week.

I don't watch much TV. I usually just watch the news in the morning while eating breakfast. Sometimes I watch TV at night when I get home. I was thinking that instead of sitting while watching TV, I would use this time to exercise some more while watching TV. Please don't assume that people who want to exercise in front of the TV only exercise in front of the TV.

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    I think this is a much more important matter to discuss. America's population has an addiction to TV that spawned such corporations as Fox, and also influenced the dominating force that is the BBC. Since the BBC has grown astrong, being accepted by American audiences, whilst also competing against channels in its own country, has engineered a construct in England which was the single most important aspect of the Euro's dominance over the dollar, which was an effective result of the dangers the Pound faced against other European currencies. Since the Euro began to dominate the exchange rate system, China in turn made an agenda to artificially keep the dollar inflated for its own securities, in which they found the motivation to build the worlds fastest supercomputer. Where did China come up with this inspiration? The Matrix. You see, it is American culture that has spun its own web of demise, and all you can think of doing to improve it is to do develop your chest muscles while watching the very thing that is destroying us. There is still hope however.

Instead of doing your chest exercises in front of the TV, do them in front of the computer instead. YOu see the internet was most developed over a network of university in California just like the popularization of motion picture media in Hollywood. It unites the world in commerce, while leaving sole credit to the state of California, no matter how slow its supercomputers are in comparison to say China's, or even MIT.

Also, if you stand while leaning back just a little, you can put some upper pectoral muscles into a military press variation.
    IamJons Awesome workout log:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=659599573#post659599573

Author of "The Loser Mentality"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=699707851#postcount%20=21

"The Predators Are Feeding (And You're What They're Eating)"
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=710146201&postcount=184

IamJon's Sermon at the Breakfast Table:
    ▬ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=713520011&postcount=12

♂ Eat Like a Man ♂