Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    -In Reconstruction Mode- IronAvalanche's Avatar
    IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Like those front squats and Bradfords. Good body of work. I agree with Craig. The change to a higher rep scheme is a hard adjustment. It takes time.

Well done today.
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    ~ Philippians 4:13

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."
    ~ Andrew Carnegie

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IronAvalanche View Post
    Like those front squats and Bradfords. Good body of work. I agree with Craig. The change to a higher rep scheme is a hard adjustment. It takes time.

Well done today.
    Appreciate the encouragement Phil.

Well, this week is 15's, next week I am supposed to move to 3 x 10 for two weeks and then 5 x 5 for two before my shock weeks. I can't place my finger on it, it isn't the reps or the weight necessarily ( I increased some weights to make it more difficult this week). Something just feels out of sync. Not sure what it is. I committed to give this a go, so I am going to see it through a cycle and then I will reevaluate. Maybe it is just stress and the pain in the neck I am feeling that is causing the blahs.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey bam - nice journal. I'll pop in regularly and keep ya honest!!!

Saw ya over in my journal so we can help each other!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Home of Walker Dips-FTW

amidoingitright.jpg

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Appreciate the encouragement Phil.

Well, this week is 15's, next week I am supposed to move to 3 x 10 for two weeks and then 5 x 5 for two before my shock weeks. I can't place my finger on it, it isn't the reps or the weight necessarily ( I increased some weights to make it more difficult this week). Something just feels out of sync. Not sure what it is. I committed to give this a go, so I am going to see it through a cycle and then I will reevaluate. Maybe it is just stress and the pain in the neck I am feeling that is causing the blahs.
    No it's definitely the use of the walker in the avi that's causing the problems!
    David

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yakabebe View Post
    Hey bam - nice journal. I'll pop in regularly and keep ya honest!!!

Saw ya over in my journal so we can help each other!
    Thanks for stopping by Robert. I can use all the keeping honest I can get.
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Home of Walker Dips-FTW

amidoingitright.jpg
    LOL, Walker doesn't do dips, the floor moves up to him.
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    No it's definitely the use of the walker in the avi that's causing the problems!
    Jealous, admit it, deep down, you wish you had your own walker.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

5/25/2011

15's Day 5 of 6

Warmup:
    Inversion
    2.5 minute bike
    Tube rotator work

Front Squats
    5 x 45 wu
    15 x 100
    15 x 100

Rack Dead lifts
    5 x 135 wu
    10 x 185
    10 x 205

Walker Dips
    3 x 10 x BW

Chins
    2 x 5 x BW

Bradford Presses
    3 x 45wu
    8 x 70
    8 x 70

Floor Presses
    5 x 45 wu
    2 x 15 x 95

Olympic Bar Curls
    2 x 15 x 45

CGBP
    2 x 15 x 45

NOTES
    We had a storm roll through last evening, 75 mile hour winds. Took out the power of 150000 folks, including us. Our alarm system has a battery back up. So all night, every 30 seconds it would beep to inform me the power was out. I could not figure out how to turn it off so not much if any sleep last night. Lack of sleep played a big role in today's training. Hope to have power back today sometime, though news reported that it may be tomorrow in Va Beach.

I didn't worry about tempo today, as I felt I was doing good just to do anything. Pushed through. I have never done moderate or high rep rack pulls or deadlifts. Got a bit quesey, but nothing bad. Changed tricep work from skulls to CGBP as my right elbow has been bothering me. Never having done them with the Olympic bar, I started with bar only.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We had a storm roll through last evening, 75 mile hour winds. Took out the power of 150000 folks, including us. Our alarm system has a battery back up. So all night, every 30 seconds it would beep to inform me the power was out. I could not figure out how to turn it off so not much if any sleep last night. Lack of sleep played a big role in today's training. Hope to have power back today sometime, though news reported that it may be tomorrow in Va Beach.
    I guess since you train in your garage, you could open up the door and have some light. The way I have my gym set up in my basement, when the power is out, it's pitch dark.

We were without power for several hours on Monday. When the power came back on, my computer monitor was fried. I'm not sure why, because I have it on back up power/surge protection. At least it was just the monitor. I replaced it with a 20 inch LED beauty that makes the Internet a glorious place .

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Glad to read everyone is safe my friend, despite the hassle of being without power (and/or sleep). Good work today, especially considering the prior night. Well done.

I guess since you train in your garage, you could open up the door and have some light. The way I have my gym set up in my basement, when the power is out, it's pitch dark.

We were without power for several hours on Monday. When the power came back on, my computer monitor was fried. I'm not sure why, because I have it on back up power/surge protection. At least it was just the monitor. I replaced it with a 20 inch LED beauty that makes the Internet a glorious place .
    I opened the door to let some air in, it is hot and sticky today. Congrats on the monitor, should make editing your avi easier.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Glad to read everyone is safe my friend, despite the hassle of being without power (and/or sleep). Good work today, especially considering the prior night. Well done.
    Thanks FIM. Good is relative, it was work. I have been whining about it lately, but my body is feeling it. Let's see what Friday brings.

Congrats on the monitor, should make editing your avi easier.
    Hey, now...

But I do look really jacked on the big screen!

ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Despite any setbacks it's still a really good morning of work, David... I still love your dedication. I'm trying to get back to that point and seeing your journal always helps... glad you're safe, too... we get ours again tomorrow (but just supposed to be wind and hail).
    Paul
    Getting lean and clean

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit - you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Hey, now...

But I do look really jacked on the big screen!
    BoStevus looking jacked

We gonna pump...... you up!
    Originally Posted by ptbrakefield View Post
    Despite any setbacks it's still a really good morning of work, David... I still love your dedication. I'm trying to get back to that point and seeing your journal always helps... glad you're safe, too... we get ours again tomorrow (but just supposed to be wind and hail).
    Thanks Paul, pray you all will be safe. We all could use a few weeks of beautiful weather.

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How you liking the new set up?

I run twin 20's at the office. It makes life so much easier when I have multiple systems running at the same time.

Originally Posted by baker View Post
    How you liking the new set up?
    I am still undecided on the new setup. We will see in a few weeks.

I am still undecided on the new setup. We will see in a few weeks.
    After reviewing progress pics and reading through discussions in Craig and Sara's logs, I have realized I have been stupid. My Power/Density based routine was working both strength wise and in recomp. I will be reformulating the routine, to make sure I cover any areas I have been missing , but will return to it as soon as possible. I am still struggling over is I should stay FB or go to 4 day split.

Here is an interesting Article Why Bodybuilders are more jacked than Powerlifters
    Last edited by bamazav; 05-26-2011 at 02:04 PM.

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    After reviewing progress pics and reading through discussions in Craig and Sara's logs, I have realized I have been stupid. My Power/Density based routine was working both strength wise and in recomp. I will be reformulating the routine, to make sure I cover any areas I have been missing , but will return to it as soon as possible. I am still struggling over is I should stay FB or go to 4 day split.
    I don't understand the issue.

I have no business disagreeing with anyone who writes for T-Nation, but, I believe a certain level of strength is required in order for a natural lifter to achieve their maximum muscular potential. I think if one isn't striving to hit those old school strength ratios then they will never achieve what they are truly capable of.

Just an observation I've made from being here for a few years, and my opinion.

Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Originally Posted by baker View Post
    I don't understand the issue.
    I switched to HST/PRRS hybrid and am not happy with it. I stopped doing what was working in order to "do something different." Big mistake.
    Originally Posted by Bakerman
    I have no business disagreeing with anyone who writes for T-Nation, but, I believe a certain level of strength is required in order for a natural lifter to achieve their maximum muscular potential. I think if one isn't striving to hit those old school strength ratios then they will never achieve what they are truly capable of.

Just an observation I've made from being here for a few years, and my opinion.

I would agree with that. I said the article was interesting. Never said I fully agreed.

ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ptbrakefield is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just popping in, my friend... looking forward to seeing where you next session takes you...

Do you ever think you over think things too much?
    Paul
    Getting lean and clean

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit - you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I switched to HST/PRRS hybrid and am not happy with it. I stopped doing what was working in order to "do something different." Big mistake.

David, I feel you on this. I have been using "canned" routines for the past year. Even went back to one which had worked before, and the second time, I hated it. I am doing my own thing now from a "routine" perspective. If I fail I own it. If I succeed, I own it. Win-win either way. Well, if it fails, that will suck. But, I will own it. That I can live with.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Just popping in, my friend... looking forward to seeing where you next session takes you...

Do you ever think you over think things too much?
    So you feel it is like Dejavu all over again? Short answer to your question is yes.

While you were gone I discovered somethings about myself. Some I knew and just didn't want to admit, some were new. 1.) I am routine oriented, I need order. I have known this, but wanted to be like the big boys, coming into the gym and doing what I wanted, when I wanted. Can you say failure? 2.) Real life gets in the way often. To make things work easier I returned to a 3 day schedule as it works with life much better. 3.) I am stronger than I often give myself credit for being. When you started your log vacation, I was squatting about 135. As I finished my last cycle, I had nearly doubled that weight. I was prospering in a design that had both a power and growth strategy. My only reason for changing was that I had completed the contest I was in and "it was time to change."

Last week, my wife insisted that I go and get a new pair of shoes, as my sperry's look bad with khaki's. I relented and bought a new pair of shoes. They look nice, and I will wear them when I have to, but they just don't feel the same. My sperry's are broken in, comfortable and get me where I am going. I will continue to wear them as long as they continue to get me where I am going. That is where I am with my training. The "Park Style Bama Density" (4 x 5 with a high rep fryer set) produced my best strength gains and most visible bodily gains. I would be a fool to get rid of it, just because there is something new around.
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    David, I feel you on this. I have been using "canned" routines for the past year. Even went back to one which had worked before, and the second time, I hated it. I am doing my own thing now from a "routine" perspective. If I fail I own it. If I succeed, I own it. Win-win either way. Well, if it fails, that will suck. But, I will own it. That I can live with.
    Exercise wise, what I am doing is not that different. The manner by which I am performing them is different. It has felt kind of like putting your t-shirt on backwards. It is on, most folks wouldn't even notice, but it just doesn't feel right. That is where I am. I am turning the shirt around.

Okay, I promise, no more clothing illustrations today. Training time in about an hour or so.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exercise wise, what I am doing is not that different. The manner by which I am performing them is different. It has felt kind of like putting your t-shirt on backwards. It is on, most folks wouldn't even notice, but it just doesn't feel right. That is where I am. I am turning the shirt around.

Okay, I promise, no more clothing illustrations today. Training time in about an hour or so.

Great analogy. I may steal that. I have my shirt and pants on backwards, it seems.

5/27/2011 Dog House Training is BACK!

Now that is what I am talking about!!!

Park Style, Bama Density Dog House Training

Warmup:
    Inversion Table
    2.5 Minutes Bike
    Shoulder work with Tubes
    Shoulder work with plates and rod
    warmup lifts

Back Squats
    5 x 135
    5 x 185
    5 x 205
    5 x 210
    Fryers 20 x 105
    DB Pullovers
    4 x 8 x 25

Bradford/Rocky Presses
    5 x 45
    5 x 65
    5 x 75
    5 x 80
    Fryers 10 x 45 - failure

V-handle Chest supported Cable Rows
    5 x 50
    5 x 70
    5 x 80
    5 x 80
    Fryers 20 x 40

Floor Presses
    5 x 45
    5 x 95
    5 x 115
    5 x 125
    Fryers 20 x 65

Hanging Knee Raises
    3 x 10 x BW

LS Tricep Pulldowns
    10 x 20
    10 x 40
    10 x 40

Long Bar Curls
    10 x 45
    10 x 50
    10 x 55

NOTES
    I was feeling it today, both before and after. I knew what I wanted to accomplish going in and pumped feeling as though I more than accomplished heading out.

Fryers - These are immediately following last heavy set. Only rest long enough to change plates and then they are done as fast as possible. Fryers are 20 reps or failure. Weight is between 50-60% of heaviest lift for the day.

Squats - felt great, ATG effort.
    Bradfords - two lifts in one, these are tough. Front Presses into Behind the Neck Presses. Fryers failed at 10 reps.

I feel like I am home. Craig, my shirt is now on correctly!

Did a little yardio, immediately post training. Now off to shower and try a new Chinese Buffet I found.

Now that is what I am talking about!!!

Park Style, Bama Density Dog House Training

Warmup:
    Inversion Table
    2.5 Minutes Bike
    Shoulder work with Tubes
    Shoulder work with plates and rod
    warmup lifts

Back Squats
    5 x 135
    5 x 185
    5 x 205
    5 x 210
    Fryers 20 x 105
    DB Pullovers
    4 x 8 x 25

Bradford/Rocky Presses
    5 x 45
    5 x 65
    5 x 75
    5 x 80
    Fryers 10 x 45 - failure

V-handle Chest supported Cable Rows
    5 x 50
    5 x 70
    5 x 80
    5 x 80
    Fryers 20 x 40

Floor Presses
    5 x 45
    5 x 95
    5 x 115
    5 x 125
    Fryers 20 x 65

Hanging Knee Raises
    3 x 10 x BW

LS Tricep Pulldowns
    10 x 20
    10 x 40
    10 x 40

Long Bar Curls
    10 x 45
    10 x 50
    10 x 55

NOTES
    I was feeling it today, both before and after. I knew what I wanted to accomplish going in and pumped feeling as though I more than accomplished heading out.

Fryers - These are immediately following last heavy set. Only rest long enough to change plates and then they are done as fast as possible. Fryers are 20 reps or failure. Weight is between 50-60% of heaviest lift for the day.

Squats - felt great, ATG effort.
    Bradfords - two lifts in one, these are tough. Front Presses into Behind the Neck Presses. Fryers failed at 10 reps.

I feel like I am home. Craig, my shirt is now on correctly!

Did a little yardio, immediately post training. Now off to shower and try a new Chinese Buffet I found.
    I like this a lot... I like the fryer set... kind of the best of both worlds...

YOU liking it is much more important... I know I was out of your journal for awhile, but while I was reading it daily I never saw you really happy with a routine... this is good!!!
    Paul
    Getting lean and clean

Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

I like this a lot... I like the fryer set... kind of the best of both worlds...

YOU liking it is much more important... I know I was out of your journal for awhile, but while I was reading it daily I never saw you really happy with a routine... this is good!!!
    Before I was always comparing myself to everyone else. That is when I get in trouble. In Oct. I changed my mindset, really freeing me up. The last two weeks were a brief slip up. I like this plan, as you said " it is the best of both worlds,." A little power and a little hypertrophy. I'm gonna "wear these shoes" as long as they keep me moving forward.

Thanks for sticking with me.

Now that is what I am talking about!!!.
    Glad your back on track.

I still think you should do 5/3/1 with me.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Before I was always comparing myself to everyone else. That is when I get in trouble. In Oct. I changed my mindset, really freeing me up.
    ^^^Good call.

Bodybuilding is the most individual thing I have ever done... and probably what makes it the most difficult. I think we get caught up comparing it to other sports where mastering a certain technique is what makes the champions. Natural bodybuilding just doesn't fit that mold. You have to find what your unique body will respond to, and then run with it.

^^^Good call.

Bodybuilding is the most individual thing I have ever done... and probably what makes it the most difficult. I think we get caught up comparing it to other sports where mastering a certain technique is what makes the champions. Natural bodybuilding just doesn't fit that mold. You have to find what your unique body will respond to, and then run with it.

But Steve, I don't want to look like "me." LOL

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    But Steve, I don't want to look like "me." LOL
    lulz- I don't want to look like "me", either. That's why I have been working so hard to change it (can't do much about the mug, though ).

lulz- I don't want to look like "me", either. That's why I have been working so hard to change it (can't do much about the mug, though ).

LOL. Most people think we all hide our faces for security purposes. I hide mine because, well, it is my face.