Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by psychnurse2012 View Post
    so you eat on maintenance?
    Basically I do right now but same rules apply. If you want to gain eat 500 over vice versa for cutting. As for the fasting question you had if you slept 8 hours then yes you would need 7 more awake hours to complete the 15 hour fast. I go as long as 24 sometimes. Typically you want to train at the end of the fast then eat the firstmeal soon after training.

Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tanktwo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    huh, i thought this is for lean gains also?
    Only things I read were decreases in bodyfat and slight increases in strength.

R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Baseballer View Post
    crossfit-like workouts are the basis for almost every special operation force in the US military. u mad?

lol at bandwaggon haters on the misc.
    I don't think you realize this is bodybuilding.com. Doing 100 reps of shoulder presses with 5 lbs wont give you the same hypertrophy as doing 12 reps of 75 lbs

Therefore, IDGAF whether or not I can carry around 50 lbs worth of gear on my back in a middle eastern summer. I care that I can push my muscles through short, fast (and most importantly heavy) bursts of intensity over short periods of time for hypertrophy.

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exactly what I've been doing for the last six months.

I fast 14-18 hours a day. My carb sources come from rice, potatoes, corn, other veggies. I will have grain products 1-2x a month.

My protein and fat intake is very high.

My performance in the gym has steadily improved while my body fat has dropped and my weight has stayed static for the most part. I'm down about three pounds over the last six months but BF went from 12 to 9%.

Cardio performance has improved.

This is how man was meant to eat.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Suhoi View Post
    strong bull****.

try not eating for 15 hours and then go deadlift or squat, see how fast you feel dizzy and faint
    I do that every day and just hit three new PRs this week.

Yeah if you're used to eating 3-4 meals a day you'll feel weak and ****ty if you miss a few meals, but when you switch to a IF diet your body adjusts tremendously. I don't even get hungry anymore until 3-4pm in the afternoon.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000) jon555 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What I don't understand about fasting is how it is efficient? If I need 2500 calories a day, how is taking it in all at once easier on the digestive system or conducive to the most effective absorption of nutrients? When it comes to training theory and nutrition the first test I use (in addition to research), is does this make logical sense? Intermittent fasting just doesn't make sense to me as the most effective way of dieting. In for more information/stories.
    You deserve what you settle for.

[A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew

5k+

Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by invain View Post
    People's metabolism levels differ, as well as things such as insulin sensitivity, but in the end we all process foods the same way, and macro nutrients cause the same hormonal cascades in every human body. We are not that much different.
    this

Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post

I fast 14-18 hours a day. My carb sources come from rice, potatoes, corn, other veggies. I will have grain products 1-2x a month.

My performance in the gym has steadily improved while my body fat has dropped and my weight has stayed static for the most part. I'm down about three pounds over the last six months but BF went from 12 to 9%.

how much fat, pro, and cho?

very curious since we are the same height and all

RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10) RuStillDown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jon555 View Post
    What I don't understand about fasting is how it is efficient? If I need 2500 calories a day, how is taking it in all at once easier on the digestive system or conducive to the most effective absorption of nutrients? When it comes to training theory and nutrition the first test I use (in addition to research), is does this make logical sense? Intermittent fasting just doesn't make sense to me as the most effective way of dieting. In for more information/stories.
    Don't have links cause I am lazy on my iPhone but many studies show that when coming out of a fast your body will take whatever nutrients it requires and slow down digestion to make sure it utilizes every macro you consumed, even if it's 3000 calories in one sitting. Its really more of a question to will it benefit your daily life? For me I love not having to pack snacks protein shakes chicken rice Tupperware. And when you sit down after a hard days work and workout boy those 3 fat steaks look glorious. Plus I have dropped at least a few body fat % without weight change. Definitly not for everyone it drives my gf nuts but I like it.

gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sick now i know what works for him o/p

i'm glad everybody's body responds the same especially diet

not trying to be a dick
    educate yourself before you wreck yourself.

Originally Posted by Acevedo85 View Post
    how much fat, pro, and cho?

very curious since we are the same height and all
    I don't count calories. I eat what my body craves. IMO paying attention to what your body needs is key.

Tonight dinner was a 20oz steak, two sticks of broccoli, probably 2 cups of corn, 1 cup of spinach. Some almonds, peanutbutter I'll snack on.

This is what I focus on when I'm eating. I'll eat what I crave. I'll get a good source of protein. Add in veggies. Then if the protein I'm eating isn't very fatty supplement with almonds and peanutbutter and oil.

And then I just eat till I'm full. Not very scientific, but then again cavemen didn't count calories either.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RuStillDown View Post
    Basically I do right now but same rules apply. If you want to gain eat 500 over vice versa for cutting. As for the fasting question you had if you slept 8 hours then yes you would need 7 more awake hours to complete the 15 hour fast. I go as long as 24 sometimes. Typically you want to train at the end of the fast then eat the firstmeal soon after training.
    lord have mercy. how are you suppose to have energy if you don't eat?

I don't count calories. I eat what my body craves. IMO paying attention to what your body needs is key.

Tonight dinner was a 20oz steak, two sticks of broccoli, probably 2 cups of corn, 1 cup of spinach. Some almonds, peanutbutter I'll snack on.

This is what I focus on when I'm eating. I'll eat what I crave. I'll get a good source of protein. Add in veggies. Then if the protein I'm eating isn't very fatty supplement with almonds and peanutbutter and oil.

And then I just eat till I'm full. Not very scientific, but then again cavemen didn't count calories either.
    so you just eat whatever?
    *If you have a personal blog you are looking to get readers to, and want to network with me, get at me in my inbox. It's just basically a link exchange or just an extra person to view and comment for free :)

My Personal blog: http://iamcandyman.com
    My Fitness Blog: http://lovemymuscles.com
    My Personal Fitness Blog/Journal/Log: http://lovemymusclesfitness.com

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Tanktwo View Post
    look at me, i'm a crossfit ******* who is only good at bodyweight exercises!
    wat
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Roflcopter Crew ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ PC Master Race ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆ /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\☆

The **** You Gonna Do? Troll_Patrol's Avatar
    Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good read, but does not work for everyone. ive done crossfit, didn't seem like it was very useful for training pullups/running for distance at all.

also, not all SEALs agree with crossfit as a training program. yes he's a master chief but he does not train other SEALs. i could show proof if you really wanted.
    <3 http://i.imgur.com/pnCvw.gif <3

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    good genetics and relatively young.. lucky
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Roflcopter Crew ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ PC Master Race ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆ /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\☆

so you just eat whatever?
    I eat whatever within my rules. Basically paleo diet.

Absolutely no sugar.

Try to avoid all flour, grains.

Protein shakes is only processed thing I eat.

Meats, fruits, veggies, nuts, beans. I eat whatever out of that category of foods. And every 15-20 days I'll have some fast food or Pizza or cake or whatever I want.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

Originally Posted by jmonty View Post
    good genetics and relatively young.. lucky
    Age is only a number brah!
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StUck686 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tell me more about fasting someone its 11pm and i havent eaten since about 9pm, if i wanted to do my first fast day with workout tmrw wat do

good point

what about if your doing long distance? like 10 mile+ runs here..

Cunning Linguist lieutenantURNER's Avatar
    lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lieutenantURNER is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fishmin View Post
    came to post this. gjdm.

CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000) CoolYam is just really nice. (+1000)
    50 grams of crab? that's like 10 strawberries

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've tried low amounts of complex carbs and sub 100 carbs overall and felt like absolute ****. It's just not gonna work for everyone.
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

Originally Posted by Acevedo85 View Post
    good point

what about if your doing long distance? like 10 mile+ runs here..
    I dunno, if you feel like you're not recovering with what you're eating then you'd need to change it up.

There's no hard and fast answers. I think the biggest takeaway from the OP is that the SEAL guy found what worked best for him and discovered how well his body ran with that nutritional profile.

That's what you've gotta do for yourself. Experiment and see what works for you.

I used to eat a TON of carbs with meals. I'm talking like an entire box of pasta(200+ grams of carbs) and then I'd pass out for a few hours. Eating the way I eat now I'm much more energetic and actually have energy after I eat. Anytime I eat a lot of flour/grains I'll feel real lethargic and need a nap.

Just listen to your body.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Suhoi View Post
    strong bull****.

try not eating for 15 hours and then go deadlift or squat, see how fast you feel dizzy and faint
    Do it everyday. U mad my all my compounds lifts are increasing? LOL at all the weak willed people who think they will fall apart from not eating 16 hours. Muscle catabolism takes longer than than 48 hours to occur with no food.

Also Kane aka Timberwolf (most aesthetic physique here) trains fasted constantly.

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GetHimABodyBag View Post
    youre a fireman right?

heavy tire drags..attached a rope and drag it forward(hoseline) and backwards(rescue)

sledgehammer swings on said tire(ventilation, force entry)

heavy farmers walks(equipment carry, increase grip/forearm strength)

push press(overhaul)

clean and jerk(ladder raise-helps with coordination, lower body explosiveness/strength/power)

heavy tire pull(feeding hose-get on 1 knee and pull it in)

sandbag lift and carry(rescue, equipment)

deadlifts(rescue/lifting pt.'s)

front squats and zercher squats(otj performance is mostly front loaded, ie rescue)

The problem with CrossFit is that it does not address specificity, firefighters do very specific movements. Even the Crossfit-Firefighter site is a joke. Yes, your conditioning will go up, but why not improve conditioning and job performance. I looked at their workouts......no heavy drags or loaded carries. Why do 100 pushups, when you should do 50 reps with a 45 pound plate on your back? Why go on a rowing machine when you can pull in a heavy tire/weight??? Why throw a medicine ball against a wall??? Or jump on 24 inch box?? Why not lift and carry a sandbag, do suicide sprints, do heavy farmers walks???

Don't job on the bandwagon like other fireman do and join a CrossFit.

Most people who say CrossFit is great, is because they did the typical bench press/curls jog 30 minutes routine, they never did intense interval training before.

Also doing bb'ing/isolation/hypertrophy work should be done, despite what CF's tell you, you need to strengthen every part of your body.
    Great post, remind me to rep you on recharge.

Crossfit can be good for people who don't know how to customize a good routine to meet their own goals/needs, but it really falls short due it its very nature of not specializing in anything.

Great for over-all fitness though, especially for people who need the clan motivation or who don't know how to customize a routine.

As for the diet thing it sounds great except for the fasting part of it. I enjoy eating every few hours,simply because I enjoy eating. All of my life I was never able to eat really big meals. For as long as I could remember I would eat half of my meals at the original sitting and the other half a few hours later.

So if I were to try this fasting thing I'd probably be getting about 1000-1500 calories a day? Screw that.
    Last edited by guest89; 05-11-2011 at 10:37 PM.

YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YolkedBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fad diet, check
    Fad workout, check

I'll pass, I enjoy being big and strong

Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Darkhare has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by KennyK View Post
    i agree with the fasting.
    can you explain the fasting in lame terms???
    aka. Tomthetrainwreck
    Z4v4 is a golf course maintenance worker.

tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryout44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Can you explain this fasting? Do you simply eat 1 day and then dont eat the next? So basically you eat every other day? Or is it like eating 1 big meal a day then don't eat the next? Correct?

Originally Posted by tryout44 View Post
    Can you explain this fasting? Do you simply eat 1 day and then dont eat the next? So basically you eat every other day? Or is it like eating 1 big meal a day then don't eat the next? Correct?
    You eat every day...

I generally eat my big meal around 7pm and I'll usually eat some nuts/banana/peanutbutter around 4pm. So I go through most of my day "fasting". I'll have protein shake after workout in the morning, and fruits/nuts throughout the day if I feel like it, but really not more than 300cals worth of fruits and nuts.

They call it intermittent fasting because you go a long period of time without having a substantial amount of calories. I usually finish my meals around 8:30-9pm. 9pm until 4pm is 19 hours. For 19 hours I won't eat anything that resembles a meal.

And it doesn't matter the timing of ****. This is just what works for my schedule. I think you guys are overthinking it.

Keys are: Get the majority of your calories in one 3-6 hour block. Don't eat much of anything the rest of the day. Avoid sugars, grains, flours. Eat like a caveman.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You eat every day...

I generally eat my big meal around 7pm and I'll usually eat some nuts/banana/peanutbutter around 4pm. So I go through most of my day "fasting". I'll have protein shake after workout in the morning, and fruits/nuts throughout the day if I feel like it, but really not more than 300cals worth of fruits and nuts.

They call it intermittent fasting because you go a long period of time without having a substantial amount of calories. I usually finish my meals around 8:30-9pm. 9pm until 4pm is 19 hours. For 19 hours I won't eat anything that resembles a meal.

And it doesn't matter the timing of ****. This is just what works for my schedule. I think you guys are overthinking it.

Keys are: Get the majority of your calories in one 3-6 hour block. Don't eat much of anything the rest of the day. Avoid sugars, grains, flours. Eat like a caveman.
    Actually Martin Berkhan's method is eat within 8 hours, 90% post workout. You fast for 16 hours, or 15 if female, but he doesn't tell you to avoid sugars, grains, or flours. I'm sure your method is not much different.