texastechphil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

heard a small pop, now neck and shoulders hurt

I was maxxing out on flat bb bench, then jumped on the free dips to do some chest dips, during a rep i heard this small pop because I was wearing earphones so I could hear my own breathing and I immediately stopped, after that I had trouble moving my neck and at night had some bad neck pains and sore shoulders/triceps, is this just a strain or could it be like a pinched nerve or buldging disc?
    If anyone has ever had this I would greatly appreciate any input
    thanks in advance

Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by texastechphil View Post
    I was maxxing out on flat bb bench, then jumped on the free dips to do some chest dips, during a rep i heard this small pop because I was wearing earphones so I could hear my own breathing and I immediately stopped, after that I had trouble moving my neck and at night had some bad neck pains and sore shoulders/triceps, is this just a strain or could it be like a pinched nerve or buldging disc?
    If anyone has ever had this I would greatly appreciate any input
    thanks in advance
    Where did you feel this pop? Can you better describe the area that you injured? Do you have any history of previous injury? Do you have radiating pain down into your arm or along you back?

I need a little better description to help you self assess this problem
    ~Determined~

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE...

Originally Posted by Jdancho View Post
    Where did you feel this pop? Can you better describe the area that you injured? Do you have any history of previous injury? Do you have radiating pain down into your arm or along you back?

I need a little better description to help you self assess this problem
    it was near my neck, near the traps, i wasnt sure if it was on the spine or not, most of the pain is towards my right side neck and traps, there's no radiating pain down my back, all concentrated around the neck and shoulder area, there is soreness that radiates through my triceps and a little bit of the forearm after I massage the area, I actually just remembered I felt a very similar pop a while ago when I used to prop my head on a pillow while i would use my laptop on my bed, It didn't result in pain or anything only a few minutes of slight discomfort

Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it was near my neck, near the traps, i wasnt sure if it was on the spine or not, most of the pain is towards my right side neck and traps, there's no radiating pain down my back, all concentrated around the neck and shoulder area, there is soreness that radiates through my triceps and a little bit of the forearm after I massage the area, I actually just remembered I felt a very similar pop a while ago when I used to prop my head on a pillow while i would use my laptop on my bed, It didn't result in pain or anything only a few minutes of slight discomfort
    It sounds like you are describing two different injuries/pains. the neck and trap pain seems to be the more serious of the two. Does it feel like muscle soreness or worse? The triceps pain may be some triceps tendon tendonitus. You can try and remedy this problem by applying a "chopat" strap just above your elbow. This can be purchased at a local drug store, or you can improvise by applying approximately 10 layers of pre-wrap and roll it to the point where the pain is just above the elbow. Obviously if this pain worsens or does not resolve you are going to want to see a physcian. This is just opinion and not a medical diagnosis.
    ~Determined~

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE...

Originally Posted by Jdancho View Post
    It sounds like you are describing two different injuries/pains. the neck and trap pain seems to be the more serious of the two. Does it feel like muscle soreness or worse? The triceps pain may be some triceps tendon tendonitus. You can try and remedy this problem by applying a "chopat" strap just above your elbow. This can be purchased at a local drug store, or you can improvise by applying approximately 10 layers of pre-wrap and roll it to the point where the pain is just above the elbow. Obviously if this pain worsens or does not resolve you are going to want to see a physcian. This is just opinion and not a medical diagnosis.
    Well the night of the incident, i could barely move my neck, then the 2nd day I had someone massage the areas that the muscles were tight, it instantly made my neck move easier, the same day i went into the jacuzzi for 15 minutes, and felt even better after that, now I can move my neck freely and there is no real pain although there is still some very minor pain in the neck only when i tilt my head all the way back.

Well the night of the incident, i could barely move my neck, then the 2nd day I had someone massage the areas that the muscles were tight, it instantly made my neck move easier, the same day i went into the jacuzzi for 15 minutes, and felt even better after that, now I can move my neck freely and there is no real pain although there is still some very minor pain in the neck only when i tilt my head all the way back.
    may have just strained something. the "pop" may have been that strain or the jt. but if it resolved just be cautious when doin those exercises.
    ~Determined~

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE...