Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outerspace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How are you getting your 150g of protein

Ok, the "Fat loss for noobs" thread, the mention is made to "get enough protein", and a formula was provided to get that number. Most people in that thread needed about 150g minimum, and I am probably around that number maybe higher.

So in that thread I've been wearing people out on a particular issue, and I apologize for it a little but something was wrong with my program, and I just discovered it is that I am currently eating probably barely half of my necessary protein.

I am a multi-sport accomplished athlete and have lifted with competitive body builders at different times in my life, but am a disaster in the kitchen and know very little about nutrition. Things have opened up for me in the last 6 months to finally solve those last two problems and basically last night I figured out that I am way below the recommended level of protein mentioned in that thread. I think this is really a contributing factor to the problem I was discussing in that thread (you can go read that if you feel like, no need to rehash it here).

So due to my kitchen handicaps, I was wondering if people can describe how they achieve 150+ grams of protein in a day. I'm at a loss. I don't really care how you do it, and don't want this thread to turn into a debate on the merits of getting it from shakes or real food, but please explain what you're eating daily that gets you to that number. I am not doing that and it may make a big difference for me.

Thanks.

frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    morning
    1.5 scoops whey protein shake with water - 30 grams
    10 oz egg whites ~ 35grams

lunch
    8oz chicken with bread and veggies ~ 50 grams

dinner
    4oz steak or beef or fish ~ 15 grams
    post workout protein shake ~30 grams

total 160 grams

Add in the 20 grams of BCAA's I take in and that's technically 180 grams
    Start (fat guy):May 31 2009 - 205lbs ~34%bf
    (first large cut) July 31 2010 - 140 lbs ~14-15%bf
    (first bulk) March 1 2011 - 164lbs ~18-19%bf
    Currently (June 30, 2011) - 146lbs ~11-12% bf
    Ultimate Long term Goal - 170lbs @ 10%bf

Dear God that is a lot of food/protein! I was way behind the curve!

Please keep them coming.

If it's not too much to ask, if you could also include the calories, save me time looking it all up, particularly if you already have it handy.

teknizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What I've been doing recently is cubing up chicken breast or london broil steak and weighing it out on a digital scale (~500g for 150g of protein). Cubing the meat was easier for me to accurately weigh out the meat with out guessing what needed to be removed from a large breast,etc. After a while you can pretty much eye ball without having to weigh out the meat. Then I split the meat equally (depending on your # of meals) and then I just toss them on metal skewers then grill them up and enjoy one skewer per meal. For me its extremely quick and easy. With that said, I highly recommend a digital scale and researching the nutritional facts for your protein sources via fitday or similar sites.

verasol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oatmeal - 10g
    protein shake - 20g
    ----------------
    Skyr (good protein source, product from iceland and can also be found in Norway and other countries.. you could google it. It's about 13,6g per 100g and it's very cheap and very good tasting) - 40g protein
    ----------------
    post workout shake - 40g protein
    ----------------
    dinner (chicken/turkey/fish) - ca. 50g protein

total = 160g

wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10) wanttolose485 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Outerspace View Post
    If it's not too much to ask, if you could also include the calories, save me time looking it all up, particularly if you already have it handy.
    My totals typically equal between 1850 and 1910 calories, and 175 - 180g protein.

5 eggs (always all the whites, sometimes w/ 2 yolks) 18g (22.8g w/yolks) protein
    wheat English muffin 6g
    1/2c oatmeal 5g
    1 scoop whey 26g
    1c skim milk 8g
    1/4c peanuts 6g
    wheat Eng muffin 6g
    2.5 oz chicken 25g
    2.5 oz chicken 25g
    2 Tbs peanut butter 7g
    1/2 oz walnuts 3.5 g
    4 oz chicken 36g
    1/4c cheese 7g

Total cals: 1718.. and then there are some additional things, like fish pills and tomato paste that add flavor, and a few extra cals to get up to about 1900.
    Total protein: 178.5g

canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    We have all taken a lot of time to research calorific value for food, I would suggest doing the same using something like fitday.com
    The body doesn't struggle to lose weight...the mind does - keep measurements, keep your sanity.

I'm an Englishman living in Canada...oh how I miss a decent curry!

Former skinny fat member @ 158lbs - now 205lbs and 15%. It's been a long journey but a rewarding one.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1st meal; 5 egg whites + 1 whole egg; 3-4 oz' lean beef;
    2nd meal; 1 cup cottage cheese;
    3rd meal; Salad/cucumbers with 4oz chicken breast + 1 tbsp olive oil;
    4th meal; 1.5 scoops protein shake;
    5th meal; 6-8 oz Salmon/Codfish; 1 cup broccoli;
    6th meal; (optional) 1.5 scoops protein shake w/3 egg whites blended in;

I think this puts me pretty close to 200g protein.. I'm a little over because I'm cutting right now for my first time, and I'm trying to preserve the little amount of muscle that I have;

Hope that helps.. I didn't feel like looking up the grams of protein per meal exactly, but it falls between the 25-40g per meal scale.

I have a few other things I substitute in there, such as a 5egg white+1/2 cup oatmeal, 1.5 scoop protein w/2 tbsp's water. Cook this up on the griddle and you got yourself some bomb pancake (or crepes'; spread on some sugar free jam and top with sugar free syrup gently; and boom, heaven in your face)

Enjoy

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    150 is not a universal amount. You need 1-1.5 g per lb of lbm. You need to do more research. Fat is an equally important macro

Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Today I've had:

2x pints skimmed milk
    2x Chicken Breasts
    1x Scoop of Syntha 6
    1x 95% Beef Burger (Just the meat...)
    1x Wholemeal Pitta Bread (To put the above in)
    1x Condiments (BBQ Sauce)
    1x Whey Protein shake

Totals up to 193.9g protein.
    "But once morality has lost its root, which is the original and effective relationship of man with a higher world, it ceases to have any invulnerable foundation, and the critics soon have the better of it."

BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGrob84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do what Wave does/did.

5 scoops of Whey split in 2 shakes = 520 calories and 110g of protein.

This leaves a buffer of about 1500 calories left to consume for the day. I just make sure to eat at least 8 to 12 oz of meat. There you go.
    LOGIC / emotion = CONTROL

moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is ridiculously easy to get 150g protein.

Dont even need a protein shake to get there.

Meat, Cottage Cheese, Greek Yogurt, Milk, Cheese. Usually how I get there

Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Itose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by moneymango View Post

Agreed. I think its better to get your Protein from actual foods also, because you get the extra nutrients.
    "But once morality has lost its root, which is the original and effective relationship of man with a higher world, it ceases to have any invulnerable foundation, and the critics soon have the better of it."

Originally Posted by canadiancoops View Post
    We have all taken a lot of time to research calorific value for food, I would suggest doing the same using something like fitday.com
    I have no problem doing the work, but saves everybody time if the poster has already done it and includes it.

I have no problem doing the work, but saves everybody time if the poster has already done it and includes it.
    But how do you know that the Chicken Breast I buy contains the same amount of protein/fat that yours does? Always best to use the 'Create a Custom Food' function on Fitday.com, otherwise your macros can (and will) be WAY out!

Take the time - its worth it.

elpibe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Aiming for 150g prot. Usually on non workout days:

2 chicken legs (drumstick and thigh) : 80 - 110g (depending on size)
    4-6 whole eggs : 30g

Rest is made of some milk, cheese, or protein shake if necessary to hit macros.

On workout days, i swap chicken legs and eggs for 600g chicken breast : 120g

Cheers

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    150 is not a universal amount. You need 1-1.5 g per lb of lbm. You need to do more research. Fat is an equally important macro
    Not saying it is a universal amount, sort of an average on that thread.

NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm baking 2 perch fish fillet right now. Let's see how this will go.

I can't find any protein-rich food in my house, so this fish better not stick to the pan.

EDIT: 2 perch fish fillet is about 20~25g protein.
    Last edited by NeedANick; 05-10-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    -ARRIVE
    -RUSTLE JIMMIES
    -LEAVE

*Furiously packing sht since 1991.

OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10) OriginLMusic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I debate with myself whether or not to have TWO servings of protein powder a day (pre & post work out) or just have ONE (post workout). But I've stuck with one so here we go:

1 serving (2 scoops) = 50g
    8oz-16oz Chicken Breast (skinless & boneless) - 60-125g
    *** Today I'm having a 16oz chicken breast (Yes, each package comes with 2 and it weight 1.9lbs a package so roughly 1lb per breast & I eat one breast per day for dinner) so today the chicken is, let's say, 115g.

4 egg whites - about 12g.

(Didn't have egg whites today)
    So I've already amounted to rougly 165g of protein today.

****These nutritional values are based on the Calorie Counter app I use for my Blackberry.

Edit: & I just ate about 4oz of salmon so that's an additional 24g?
    Totaling up to 189 approximately.
    April '10: 216
    July '10: 184
    March 1, '11: 195 (Lazy Winter)
    July 1, '12: 184
    Aug 1, '13: 205

Starting: 210
    '14 Feb 1 - May 1
    Jan 27: 210 | Feb 8: 209.2 | Feb 15: 208.4 | Feb 22: 206.6 | Mar 1: 208 (Goal 196) |Total: -2lbs
    Mar 8: 208.8 |Mar 15: xx |Mar 22: xx |Mar 29: xx (Goal: 188)|Total:
    Apr 5: xx |Apr 12: xx |Apr 19: xx |Apr 26: xx |May 1: xx (Goal: 180) |Total:

Originally Posted by Itose View Post
    But how do you know that the Chicken Breast I buy contains the same amount of protein/fat that yours does? Always best to use the 'Create a Custom Food' function on Fitday.com, otherwise your macros can (and will) be WAY out!

Take the time - its worth it.
    But it's an estimate, which is better than nothing.

caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) caretaker1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Easiest ways I use to get protein with low calories:

Chicken Breast - about 200-250 calories and 50g for 8oz
    Shrimp - about 200-250 calories and 50g for 8oz
    Shake - about 200 calories and 35-40g (this all depends on how you mix it; I use skim milk)

Lean fish is really good as well, but I don't use it as much. 93/7 or 96/4 ground beef are also reasonable.

There's lots of options though if your macros leave room to open up the calories. Lots of meats, yogurt (and greek yogurt), eggs, and protein bars all have homes for me.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just make sure meat, fish or eggs are the centerpiece of every meal. It's pretty simple.

frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by frank112 View Post
    morning
    1.5 scoops whey protein shake with water - 30 grams - 200 cals
    10 oz egg whites ~ 35grams 200 cals
    some kind of fruit 100 cals

lunch
    8oz chicken with bread and veggies ~ 50 grams 500 cals
    apple or other type of snack 100 cals

dinner
    4oz steak or beef or fish ~ 15 grams 150 cals
    veggies 50 cals
    rice 100 cals
    post workout protein shake ~30 grams 200 cals
    Some type of high GI carb snack 100 cals

total 160 grams

Add in the 20 grams of BCAA's I take in and that's technically 180 grams
    I know this is coming late but I put the cal breakdown above in bold. I also included the non-protein foods that make up my daily total. Total is about 1700 cals.
    Start (fat guy):May 31 2009 - 205lbs ~34%bf
    (first large cut) July 31 2010 - 140 lbs ~14-15%bf
    (first bulk) March 1 2011 - 164lbs ~18-19%bf
    Currently (June 30, 2011) - 146lbs ~11-12% bf
    Ultimate Long term Goal - 170lbs @ 10%bf

Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xaann will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am having over 150g of protein at the moment.. haven't really counted though.. don't really know exactly what the total calories / carbs / protein is.. im too lazy to count it ;/ but here is what I have pretty much every day.. just lean bulking.

Meal 1: 10 egg whites / w 250mls of light milk + 1 scoop of protein powder 20g blended
    Meal 2: One low carb protein bar
    Meal 2: 2x Cans of Tuna
    Meal 3: 300g Steak with vegies / salad or BBQ chicken (take all the skin off and just eat the lean meat).
    Meal 4: couple of handfuls of raw almonds
    Meal 5: weight gain shake 50g protein 900 calories.
    Meal 6: post workout protein shake 20g
    Meal 7: 500g lean beef / chicken / fish / kangaroo with broccoli / brussle sprouts
    Meal 8: 500g low fat cottage cheese

Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maasu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Quick tip, I was really struggling with fitting in time to make my egg whites and ****, so I found some egg white powder on line, it is flavourless and if you add some scoops to say your morning shake/oats you get the same benefit as having them.
    Current Aim: Plyometrics + Cardio / Muay Thai training.

Old Keto / Allpro Beginner routine Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134301701

Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoked33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    150 grams is pretty easy. I'm still at the early stages of my cut and over 20% BF so i dont' have to be as clean as some of these folks.

Breakfast:
    Bowl of cereal with milk. 335 cal, 9 protein
    Snack:
    Granola bar, 500ml of milk. 370 cal, 20 protein.
    Lunch:
    Bologna sandwhich(2 slice w/ cheese) plus 100 grams kolbassa. 490 cal/ 38 gm prot.
    Snack:
    Protein shake, cucumber slices. 130 cal/ 25 protein.
    Dinner:
    2 stuffed chicken breast(ham/cheese). 580 cal/46 protein.
    Workout:
    Protein shake: 120 cal/25 gm protein.

Total for the day 2000 calories with 163 grams of protein.

kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000)
    3 eggs = 18g protein
    200-300g chicken = 50-60g protein
    janet and greta's fire roasted chicken burgers(x2) = 42g protein
    any kind of turkey/salmon/fish 50-100g = 10-30g protein

easy 140-150 right there

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by moneymango View Post

Not as easy for a broke (literally) college freshman....

Spinach & chicken salads, greek yogurt, protein shakes, and fish (all the free **** I can get on campus) is how I get ma proteinz, unfortunately I'm definitely a bit low at the moment on my protein intake....
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AvsFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I aim for about 200 grams of protein per day and about 1900-2000 calories. I am doing Leangains so I keep carbs higher on training days and fats higher on off days and. This is an example of a training day. On an off day, I would throw in more whole eggs, bacon, fatter cuts of meats etc., instead of the potato and rice.

Lunch
    1 cup rice 200 cal 4g protein
    10oz chicken breast 300 cal 60g protein

Dinner
    Potato 300 cal
    7.75 oz Top loin steak 440 cal 81g protein
    3 cups broccoli 162 cal 12g protein

Desert
    1 1/2 cups ff cottage cheese w/ 1 cup strawberries & splenda 290 cal 45g protein
    3 tbps peanut or almond butter 270 cal 9 g protein

Totals 1962 calories 211g protein.

It's pretty easy to get lots of protein even without shakes as I only have shakes once in awhile. (throw it in some oatmeal or something for desert)
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^
    Brain Tumor Crew