rudolfryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm New to Keto. My 6 questions.

I have browsed through google to read some more about ketos, and each site contradicts to each other. So please enlighten me up.
    My profile picture is old, I have ve gained my weight and my fats back. I'm now 24% BF and miserably sad. So im trying keto to get back in shape ASAP.

1. Some sites says tomato is good, some says avoid it. So? Whats the real deal?
    2. What cooking oil should i use on frying? I have read olive oil changes it composition when used in cooking.
    3. If my protein and fat intake is somewhat equal like 45/45, will my body reach ketosis?
    4. If i do MAX-OT training with keto, will it work? Or Keto is designed for a specific workout?
    5. What type of nuts is the better for keto? Cashew or Almond.
    6. What are usually the normal days needed to be in ketosis ( with proper ketogenic diet)?

ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rudolfryan View Post
    I have browsed through google to read some more about ketos, and each site contradicts to each other. So please enlighten me up.
    My profile picture is old, I have ve gained my weight and my fats back. I'm now 24% BF and miserably sad. So im trying keto to get back in shape ASAP.

1. Some sites says tomato is good, some says avoid it. So? Whats the real deal?
    2. What cooking oil should i use on frying? I have read olive oil changes it composition when used in cooking.
    3. If my protein and fat intake is somewhat equal like 45/45, will my body reach ketosis?
    4. If i do MAX-OT training with keto, will it work? Or Keto is designed for a specific workout?
    5. What type of nuts is the better for keto? Cashew or Almond.
    6. What are usually the normal days needed to be in ketosis ( with proper ketogenic diet)?
    1. Tomatoes are fine as long as you're under your allowed number of carbs, use them for flavor not as a dish imo.
    2. Peanut Oil or Cocounut oil imo
    3. It should, but you may need the extra fat for fuel and energy, many people say if you're more sore, up the protein, if you're more sluggish, up the fats. Trial and error as everyone is different.
    4. Max-OT should be fine on this. In fact a lot of people recommend training this way
    5. Almond by far. Cashews have around 8 grams of net carbs per serving
    6. this varies tremendously between person to person. My first time on keto it took somewhere around 11 days. Many people report getting into ketosis within 7-10 days if the first time, and less any other time

Originally Posted by ryo1549 View Post
    1. Tomatoes are fine as long as you're under your allowed number of carbs, use them for flavor not as a dish imo.
    3. It should, but you may need the extra fat for fuel and energy, many people say if you're more sore, up the protein, if you're more sluggish, up the fats. Trial and error as everyone is different.
    4. Max-OT should be fine on this. In fact a lot of people recommend training this way
    6. this varies tremendously between person to person. My first time on keto it took somewhere around 11 days. Many people report getting into ketosis within 7-10 days if the first time, and less any other time
    So this is my first time trying to enter keto. Ketostix is so hard to find here in my area so I guess i have to trust my instincts if im already in keto mode.
    The reason i asked for Max OT is because Friday should be the depletion whole body workout, wherein Friday for Max OT is Chest.
    Bad for me i bought 100g of cashew this afternoon, will to get almonds next time.

Since then i was cooking with my olive oil, so its time to switch to coconut or peanut oil.
    Will the cooking process of Olive Oil make it anti ketogenic? I have to fry my spam and eggs tomorrow.

ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ryo1549 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So this is my first time trying to enter keto. Ketostix is so hard to find here in my area so I guess i have to trust my instincts if im already in keto mode.
    The reason i asked for Max OT is because Friday should be the depletion whole body workout, wherein Friday for Max OT is Chest.
    Bad for me i bought 100g of cashew this afternoon, will to get almonds next time.

Since then i was cooking with my olive oil, so its time to switch to coconut or peanut oil.
    Will the cooking process of Olive Oil make it anti ketogenic? I have to fry my spam and eggs tomorrow.
    I am not sure I've heard anything with Olive Oil being bad for keto diet. I guess I assumed you meant deep frying. In which the smoke point of olive oil is less then the other two. If Pan frying, Olive oil and butter together is an awesome way to cook things while on keto.

As for the depletion workout, you can adapt the MAX-OT to your own standards. Many people carb up on Saturdays, so their depletion workout is on Saturday. I never carbed up like I was supposed to, so I didn't really use a depletion workout.

womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) womanoid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Olive oil is fine for cooking. It's extra virgin olive oil that you don't want to cook with (a. it's more expensive & b. it has a lower smoke point & c. it loses some of it's rich flavor)
    Bender, part of being human is having self-control. -Amy Wong

Fat loss per month =
    Obese : 6-8%
    Moderately overweight: 4-6%
    Average: 2-4%
    Lean 1-2%
    Very lean .5-1%

^via female sticky on realistic goals

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    although the above advice is fine, if you're just starting out I think you'd make it psychologically easier for yourself if you just eliminated all fruits, including tomato, from your diet.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    although the above advice is fine, if you're just starting out I think you'd make it psychologically easier for yourself if you just eliminated all fruits, including tomato, from your diet.
    This is also great advice, when starting out it's good to cut EVERYTHING out, then add things back in to see what affects you after you have hit ketosis.

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ryo1549 View Post
    ^this. except, i recommend coconut oil over anything( Question number 2)

Sunday i was eating crap, over my calorie limit. I ate Quarter Pounder + Large fries, and all those foods in the Mall. It was my last day before i enter Keto and work out so I was treating myself. I weighed myself Monday and i was 174, heaviest i got since 2002.

Today is Wednesday and i weighed in 168.8. I know most of those are just water and it will come back eventually when i carb up. Generally speaking I'm on my 2nd day, so i am assuming 10 more days before i wishfully make it to ketosis.

Is the whole body depletion workout really necessary, I am planning to follow MAX-OT precisely along with keto.

greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would still do the depletion workout. I always do mine the day/s after my carb up/s. I like to enjoy my meal and hurry up and get back into ketosis. It took me 7 days this time, and only 2 days after my first carb load (I run a lot).
    *"Obession is just a word the lazy try to call the dedicated"*--not mine, but a great quote!

Protein is to diets what black is to fashion: It makes everyone thinner." -- Lou Schuler

~A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!~

drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drandall90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In response to the better nuts, try brazil nuts (they taste very nutty, so don't say i didn't warn you) but are by far the best nut for keto.

I was wondering how come cheese is allowed while milk is not. Isn't cheese made out of milk?

Well i cant do cardio right now as my legs hurt from squats on Monday. But i worked out today Wednesday on an empty stomach. I was fine though, i was still able to lift. I just want to enter keto ASAP.

All this time i was cooking with my extra virgin olive oil, i was frying things with it, to only find out i should not be doing that.. Errrrrr....

Brazil nuts? Hmmm, i might try to look for it the next time i go to the supermarket, but i live here in the Philippines and i haven't seen one yet.

Is there other way to find out if I'm already in ketosis without the use of ketostix?

Originally Posted by greesemuunkie View Post
    I would still do the depletion workout. I always do mine the day/s after my carb up/s. I like to enjoy my meal and hurry up and get back into ketosis. It took me 7 days this time, and only 2 days after my first carb load (I run a lot).
    This one is interesting, as i have read here that 2 days of rest is optimal after you carb up. Literally that is Sat and Sun, and friday is your depletion workout.

I'm going to do my own experiment, sticking to Max-OT strictly while attempting to go to ketosis...

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was wondering how come cheese is allowed while milk is not. Isn't cheese made out of milk?
    Most cheese has minimal if any carbs, whereas milk has carbs/sugars (lactose)
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by greesemuunkie View Post
    Same here. After 3 years CKD it takes me 4 days to get back ! Some need less time, maybe because they are more strict with their carbs at or after carbing up. I only take complex carbs (oats) and at ~300g which is ok for my stats, but still I am not in ketosis till Thursday. That's why I now carb up every 2-4 weeks.

Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psyfactor312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Well i cant do cardio right now as my legs hurt from squats on Monday. But i worked out today Wednesday on an empty stomach. I was fine though, i was still able to lift. I just want to enter keto ASAP.

All this time i was cooking with my extra virgin olive oil, i was frying things with it, to only find out i should not be doing that.. Errrrrr....

Brazil nuts? Hmmm, i might try to look for it the next time i go to the supermarket, but i live here in the Philippines and i haven't seen one yet.

Is there other way to find out if I'm already in ketosis without the use of ketostix?
    Don't eat too many nuts. Have more "real" meals (not snacks), because the calories still count on keto.

Me Diet as of now is not really on the spot i guess.
    I fried my hotdog using virgin olive oil. But no carbs were taken for the past 3 days.

So calorie deficit still affects keto? I was thinking when your in keto, since you are using fats as your primary source of energy, then even if your'e just on your maintenance calorie level, you still still lose fat. Correct me if im wrong.