Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NC_Tarheel View Post
    He's never won WSM...how does that make him top 5 of all time???
    well I don't think he is top 5 but wsm is not the only strongman competition out there

shaw is back to back winner of the strongman super series, arnold classic winner, medalled last 2 years at wsm nearly winning whole thing last year, medalled at fortissimus ext. Also consider he only started training strongman about 6 years ago, and is like 28-most strongman tend to hit prime in 30's-. Based on his recent progress in the sport he could very well dominate strongman for next few years and take home several more world titles.
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman2002 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NC_Tarheel View Post
    I'm torn between Kaz and Magnus ver for best of all time. I got to watch Magnus in his prime and only caught Kaz at the tail end of his career. In a few years I'll probably add Z to the list of tied for best if he wins a few more titles.
    cant forget jon pall, he had kaz's number! but at any rate we all look up to these guys for what they have done for the sport. they should all be #1
    www.westcarybarbell.com
    www.oxygen4energy.com
    Prilosec OTC
    Schiek.com

LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. Marinuz
    2.A. haugen
    3. aholoa
    820 raw deadlift at 21 y/o http://youtu.be/PQPviRHx96U?t=1m20s

Between the legs Dunk at 240 lb body weight
    https://youtu.be/dXAD0s-fp8k

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Exclamation

Kaz is definitely in my Top 10... I've met him twice in person and he's knowledgeable, articulate and funny as well!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by arnold7521 View Post
    ???
    its unfair to compare bill kazmier to todays top strongmen simply due to the fact steroids did not exist in his era, people like kazmier and jon pall had to rely on high protein/high calorie diets instead of todays AAS, GH and insulin products. If bill kazmier was to use them he would have been 400lbs with abs and benching 800lbs IMO

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by moosewarrior View Post
    its unfair to compare bill kazmier to todays top strongmen simply due to the fact steroids did not exist in his era, people like kazmier and jon pall had to rely on high protein/high calorie diets instead of todays AAS, GH and insulin products. If bill kazmier was to use them he would have been 400lbs with abs and benching 800lbs IMO
    I really hope you're trolling...do you think steroids were invented in the 90's? strong ignorance

you do realize they were invented in the 30's and administered to eastern european athletes by the 40s correct?

edit: looked through your recent posts. strong troll. negged

moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) moosewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BPP View Post
    I really hope you're trolling...do you think steroids were invented in the 90's? strong ignorance

you do realize they were invented in the 30's and administered to eastern european athletes by the 40s correct?

SON I AM ASHAMED. the fact I bench your deadlift at a much younger age and a similar weight goes to show how much my genetic abilities destroy yours. LOL at you running multiple cycles and failing whilst I use tuna exclusively

DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    SON I AM ASHAMED. the fact I bench your deadlift at a much younger age and a similar weight goes to show how much my genetic abilities destroy yours. LOL at you running multiple cycles and failing whilst I use tuna exclusively
    your genetic abilities had surely taken lots from your mental capacity.

NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    well I don't think he is top 5 but wsm is not the only strongman competition out there

shaw is back to back winner of the strongman super series, arnold classic winner, medalled last 2 years at wsm nearly winning whole thing last year, medalled at fortissimus ext. Also consider he only started training strongman about 6 years ago, and is like 28-most strongman tend to hit prime in 30's-. Based on his recent progress in the sport he could very well dominate strongman for next few years and take home several more world titles.
    It's like any other sport though. To be considered one of the bests of all time you have to win the big one and preferably win it multiple times.

Don't get me wrong, I am far from a Shaw hater. Any former college basketball player gets all of my respect. Plus I'm ******** friends with him so that seals it

Originally Posted by strongman2002 View Post
    cant forget jon pall, he had kaz's number! but at any rate we all look up to these guys for what they have done for the sport. they should all be #1
    Oh Jon Pall is one of my fav's too....anyone that is a deadlift whore gets my vote!!

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BPP View Post

do you have reference to being used in 40's? Not that don't agree more curious, I as under the assumption that they starting experimenting with them heavily in 60's and mostly start of 70's in that region-and if notice big jump in records around this time period something was going on-. I mean the beginning medical knowledge on steroids were that they had no effect for athletic purposes even lol.
    updated 2011
    Hw-Alistair overeem, Brock lesnar, Sergei Kharitonov
    Lhw-jon jones, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto machida
    Mw-Chael sonnen, Yushin Okami, Ronaldo souza
    ww-Jake shields, Ben Askren, Josh Koscheck
    lw-Bj penn, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Eddie Alvarez
    fw-jose aldo, Hatsu Hioki, Kenny Florian
    bw-Urijah Faber

Originally Posted by DanielEver View Post
    your genetic abilities had surely taken lots from your mental capacity.
    in soviet russia, moose eat you
    do you have reference to being used in 40's? Not that don't agree more curious, I as under the assumption that they starting experimenting with them heavily in 60's and mostly start of 70's in that region-and if notice big jump in records around this time period something was going on-. I mean the beginning medical knowledge on steroids were that they had no effect for athletic purposes even lol.
    yeah, back then steroids had no effect on mucles because of the difference in oxygen levels around compared to then and now.

powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    If i remember correctly steroids were first in wide-spread medical use in the first ww for the treatment of burn victims (funny how in the 80s/90s in the uk loads of doctors were on tv saying steroids dont work for BB when they were developed to boost tissue regeneration).
    They were used by the nazis in the Olympics before WW2 to promote the "Uber" race so the drugs have been available for a long time.

powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) powerfromhell is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Not taking anything from Bill but "strongest that ever lived"- what about the "Nightmare" O D Wilson.

Originally Posted by powerfromhell View Post
    Not taking anything from Bill but "strongest that ever lived"- what about the "Nightmare" O D Wilson.
    he is not strong, he could not even run round a track with a few bricks

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    without taking alot of time to go find academic papers:

http://www.steroidology.com/history-...enic-steroids/

The first serious research into the creation of anabolic steroids began in the 1930s by German chemist Adolf Butenandt, who isolated the male hormone androstenone from thousands of liters of urine. Following the success of those early experiments with androstenone, several teams of scientists, backed by pharmaceutical companies, worked to synthesize the more powerful male hormone testosterone. By 1939, the world’s scientific community was already conducting human trials on the effects of injecting testosterone and the Nobel Prize that year was offered to Butenandt and another scientist, Leopold Ruzicka, for their work with testosterone. Unfortunately for Butenandt, the Nazis wouldn’t allow him to accept the honor.

During the 1940s and 1950s experiments with steroids continued and its use widened among athletes and body builders, especially in the Soviet Union and Eastern Bloc countries. The overwhelming domination by these countries in weightlifting events at the 1952 Olympics, prompted U.S. Olympic Team physician Dr. John Ziegler to begin issuing steroids to his athletes. Dr. Ziegler recruited the help of chemists to develop a compound that would achieve the same results for strength building as the Eastern Bloc countries steroids but with fewer side effects. The result was the first FDA approved steroid Dianabol, a.k.a Dbol.

also:
    http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/steroids.html

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/128655-overview

he is not strong, he could not even run round a track with a few bricks
    Yeah..thats endurance not strength, O D broke several of bills records.

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My top 5 favs in no particular order:
    Kaz
    Z
    Jon Pall
    Mariuz
    Shaw
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

You should check out Louis Cyr (real man).

petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petebaak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    top 5 not in order

shaw
    stefan solvi petursson
    mariusz
    travis ortmayer
    magnusson

i dont really know a lot of the old guys, i only recently got in to strongman.

Originally Posted by powerfromhell View Post
    Yeah..thats endurance not strength, O D broke several of bills records.
    brb carrying bricks does not require strength, endurance is strength of the heart and lungs, u mad?

DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DanielEver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb carrying bricks does not require strength, endurance is strength of the heart and lungs, u mad?
    endurance is the ability of the body to derive energy from oxygen.

endurance is the ability of the body to derive energy from oxygen.
    strength is the ability to have a strong heart. worlds STRONGETS MAN.

strength is the ability to have a strong heart. worlds STRONGETS MAN.
    define what does strong heart mean to you.

define what does strong heart mean to you.
    wrestling goats and stuff

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by strongman2002 View Post
    Due to politics and Kaz not being allowed to compete in WSM, the only time JP "had Kaz's number" was in 1988 when Kaz (past his prime) was invited back to WSM. JP also beat Kaz in 87 at Pure Strength, but they rarely went head to head because Kaz was black balled.

My top 6:
    1. Kaz
    2. Z
    3. Kaz's traps
    4. MvM
    5. Mariusz
    6. Jon Pall

Here is a picture of my #1 and #3

Last edited by lhprop1; 05-12-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500) Anelace is not very helpful. (-500)
    Lol those things are practically touching his ears, insane

Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eiffudcm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bill is cerainly the greatest of them all. no other athlete was able to combine that kind of charisma, personality, impressive lean body, endurance, speed and overall strength in any movement. you just can't find an event Bill sucked at.
    Not to mention that he tore his pec and continued and won the contest anyway. Impressive. He was one of my heroes in HS.