xonEdgex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

loseing fat gaining muscle

a nerds story

i was sporty as a kid/teen bodyboard tennis golf rockclimb fishing (always skinny tho (57kgs at 5'11) then for some reason thought it was a good idea to get a career and work 10-16 hours a day for 8 years in front of a computer with minimal sport.

i put on weight definitly all fat, was around 73kgs, still skinny as but fat now too...

last year i ended up working to much and got a glycoma which ****ed up my right eye. already had to cop glasses cus of stareing at screen all day so topped it of with that ****. it was a major wake up call for me. i started triping out with brain things inside my head and decided i had to get fit and healthy and strong!

always been interested in weights, there was a couple false starts over the years. never got going.

this time i read **** loads and tryed to work out the diet first, so i didn't get overwhelmed. i started eating this at the begining of the year.

1. 2x scoop proteen powder, 500ml milk, 30g wheatbix, tiny bit honey
    2. 300-500g meat/chicken, 2x celery sticks (sometimes with PB)
    3. 2x scoop proteen powder, 4 eggs, 200ml milk
    4. 300-500g meat/chicken
    5. 250g cotage cheese, ground almonds

from jan to april i ate with out training, and went from 70kgs to 67kgs. didn't look heeps different but felt better for sure.

then at begining of april when i was settled into the diet i started lifting. and over the last 5 weeks i've changed a fair bit. weight's still 67-68kgs but i'm tradeing fat for muscle. also i started taking BCAA and glutamine.

i'd be stoaked with any advice. my goal is to hit 80kgs with a low BF. should i be adding more food so i start seeing the scales go up already, or keep going till i stop seeing results? also i seem alot more angry since training, and not so bright. haha. is that lack of carbs? with the extra energy beeing used?

could i get a BF guess as well... i didn't care before signing upto this site but it asks you what % you are and i don't have a clue but now i wanna know... 12% ?

((sorry so long, i'm keen to have a thred so i can update each month or so to keep me sykd ))

cheers
    Attached Images
    Last edited by xonEdgex; 05-09-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: ****s hate my spelling

avi = 1 day old disregard bosstrollin's Avatar
    bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500)
    first mod neg 8/15/11

fml

Location: Liverpool/Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) msagrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sorry but you need to learn to spell and use the correct grammar.

Originally Posted by msagrain View Post
    haha yeah i do. i'd rather learn how to gain weight tho. i never finnish school, prolly has something to do with it.

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're gaining mussels? Are you stealing them from their natural habitat? You sick monster!

Originally Posted by JeffyDOS View Post
    You're gaining mussels? Are you stealing them from their natural habitat? You sick monster!
    origonaly i spelt it 'mussle' and knew it was wrong so typed that into google to check and got mussel... prolly should have double checked.

SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SMG12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im kind of taken aback at how after all this you can't spell "muscle"

waanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This might be the stupidest thing ive ever seen...well done.

wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    please find a middle schooler to proof read your submissions before you actually post more garbage like this.

atrocious/10

edit: just do a full body shot...no one wants to see your junk.

therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) therealfighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by msagrain View Post
    This is a bodybuilding forum, not English class. Good job Op, definitely on the right path.

regardless of my spelling ability i'm still keen for advice... **** i really just want to get your guys help on lifting and eating. i cant spell for **** never have been able to don't want to be able to. really i don't care if i spell **** wrong. just keen to keep my motivation up and get help along the way. clearly spelling well is a prerequsit for picking up a weight.

are my meals too low in carbs? should i look at eating extra carbs on days i train? should i change diet or keep as is. 5 weeks isn't very long to worrys but i just want to make the most of my training and you guys know your **** so hit me with some knolage.

also my abs are really ****, i sat for so many years they hunched in and are basicly non exsitant. my wife has better abs then me and she has 2 kids baby fat chillin on her tummy. i don't feel sore after situps like i did in the first couple weeks. do you guys add weight at that point? or do you add reps currenly 320 (4 sets of 80) with out weight. i do abs each training day.

i guess your going to tell me to learn to spell and i'll gain 10 kgs and have a solid sixpack no probs, chuck in some commas and full stops and i'll be 5% body fat.

Originally Posted by wwarrior2469 View Post
    please find a middle schooler to proof read your submissions before you actually post more garbage like this.

atrocious/10

edit: just do a full body shot...no one wants to see your junk.
    yeah sorry about that, i'll crop it. i was sure the etiquette (googled the **** out of that spelling) on cock shots...

Originally Posted by xonEdgex View Post
    yeah sorry about that, i'll crop it. i was sure the etiquette (googled the **** out of that spelling) on cock shots...
    actualy i don't think i can remove that. sorry again.

Originally Posted by therealfighter View Post
    This is a bodybuilding forum, not English class. Good job Op, definitely on the right path.
    cheers boss

wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it's all good.

if your goal is to be 80kgs then keep eating until you reach 85kgs then cut. eat big, lift big, and sleep enough.

what workout routine/split do you follow?

what is your calorie intake and macro breakdown like?

I'd say 12% bf is a good guess.

Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Reid456 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    regardless of my spelling ability i'm still keen for advice... **** i really just want to get your guys help on lifting and eating. i cant spell for **** never have been able to don't want to be able to. really i don't care if i spell **** wrong. just keen to keep my motivation up and get help along the way. clearly spelling well is a prerequsit for picking up a weight.

are my meals too low in carbs? should i look at eating extra carbs on days i train? should i change diet or keep as is. 5 weeks isn't very long to worrys but i just want to make the most of my training and you guys know your **** so hit me with some knolage.

also my abs are really ****, i sat for so many years they hunched in and are basicly non exsitant. my wife has better abs then me and she has 2 kids baby fat chillin on her tummy. i don't feel sore after situps like i did in the first couple weeks. do you guys add weight at that point? or do you add reps currenly 320 (4 sets of 80) with out weight. i do abs each training day.

i guess your going to tell me to learn to spell and i'll gain 10 kgs and have a solid sixpack no probs, chuck in some commas and full stops and i'll be 5% body fat.
    No but it's a prerequisite for communicating effectively which is what you happen to be trying to do on this forum.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Philippians 4:13

No one can limit my success

Current training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149434003

Goals before I'm 30: PhD and natural pro card.

it's all good.

if your goal is to be 80kgs then keep eating until you reach 85kgs then cut. eat big, lift big, and sleep enough.

what workout routine/split do you follow?

what is your calorie intake and macro breakdown like?

I'd say 12% bf is a good guess.
    monday - dead lifts/chinups
    tuesday - rest
    wednsday - dumbell benchpress/flys/push ups
    thursday - rest
    friday - squats/calf raise
    saturday - shoulder press/one arm lateral raises/bicept curl/dips
    sunday - rest

4x10 rep or till fail. was failing alot at the start. still failing on last set if not i raise the weight next time.

abs each day.

i don't know my macros/calorie. i was kinda freestyling but making sure i had 1 gram proteen for pound body weight. and tryed to eliminate carbs. should i definitly work that stuff out?

thanks for your help

waanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) waanders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tuesday - rest
    thursday - rest
    sunday - rest

4x10 rep or till fail. was failing alot at the start. still failing on last set if not i raise the weight next time.

abs each day.

i don't know my macros/calorie. i was kinda freestyling but making sure i had 1 gram proteen for pound body weight. and tryed to eliminate carbs. should i definitly work that stuff out?

thanks for your help
    i would keep eating good carbs especiallly before and after workout. Your workout is ok..your doing squats and deadlifts..those will help add muscle..Maybe go into the workout section and find a routine that you think fits you. If you want to put on some muscle stop worrying about your abs. You will gain some fat when you gain muscle.

tuesday - rest
    thursday - rest
    sunday - rest

abs each day.

thanks for your help
    if you go read some stickies in the nutrition section it'll tell you a lot about how to eat properly. if you want to get bigger and stronger I'd advise eating more good carbs.

as far as your workout, go to the workout programs and find one you like and have enough equipment to do (you never said if you work out at home or at a gym). SS is a good one.

and chill out on the abs. they'll grow just like any other muscle, just let them rest.

IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000) IronBar66 is just really nice. (+1000)
    haha yeah i do. i'd rather learn how to gain weight tho. i never finnish school, prolly has something to do with it.
    No, SERIOUSLY man, you NEED to learn to how to spell words and use the English language correctly. For you at age 28 to not even know the basics of how to form a cogent sentence and write it down is inexcusable. My nine year old daughter can write better than you. This isn't intended as a slam to belittle you either. I'm dead serious when I say that you need remedial English. You'll find many doors closed to you without a decent command of the English language.

Originally Posted by waanders View Post
    i would keep eating good carbs especiallly before and after workout. Your workout is ok..your doing squats and deadlifts..those will help add muscle..Maybe go into the workout section and find a routine that you think fits you. If you want to put on some muscle stop worrying about your abs. You will gain some fat when you gain muscle.
    ok will read in workout section cheers.

if you go read some stickies in the nutrition section it'll tell you a lot about how to eat properly. if you want to get bigger and stronger I'd advise eating more good carbs.

as far as your workout, go to the workout programs and find one you like and have enough equipment to do (you never said if you work out at home or at a gym). SS is a good one.

and chill out on the abs. they'll grow just like any other muscle, just let them rest.
    i work out from home have a barbell and dumbells and some crappy $100 bench weights up to 60kgs (i gota get more i think. dead lifts have become to easy on max weight...) and a chin up bar. kinda not sykd on going to a gym. i like to trip out by my self. altho i was doing squats the other day and almost passed out i think i wasn't breathing correctly, prolly safer at a gym with a training partner...

i'll have a read and try and improve what i'm doing, nutrition as well.

thanks

Originally Posted by IronBar66 View Post
    No, SERIOUSLY man, you NEED to learn to how to spell words and use the English language correctly. For you at age 28 to not even know the basics of how to form a cogent sentence and write it down is inexcusable. My nine year old daughter can write better than you. This isn't intended as a slam to belittle you either. I'm dead serious when I say that you need remedial English. You'll find many doors closed to you without a decent command of the English language.
    i kinda rebeled agenst school, on top of society in general my dad was pretty skitzy on forceing me to be some big shot smart kunt that made loads of cash and 'made something of my self'. so i totaly went the other way quit school. he told me that was the 'worst mistake of my life'. and here's the ****ed up part... i actualy went and studied for years and became insaine at my job to prove him and everyone wrong that i didn't need school or to know how to spell. made solid cash and then realised i ****ing did what he wanted me to do. haha totaly got screwd. i guess society does it to everyone to a degree, but i fell hard. only now realiseing that doesn't really matter what you do for work, if you can be fit and do sports have time with family and friends, and enough cash to pay the bills/eat well. your ripping.

i notice my spelling (definitly the last few hours on here haha) when i try and teach my kid some new words. if i don't know i have to google or leave it to the wife. other then that it never comes up.