Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy Can't break out of feeling unmotivated

I've been doing great so far. I lost close to 50lbs in a year just lifting heavy and no cardio (developed shin splints) and I feel great!! Recently I was diagnosed with bicipital tendonitis and I've been resting and taking it easy but I feel like I'm slowly falling off...I HATE IT! I try to amp myself up and get to working out but right when the tednonitis shows up it hurts really bad and makes me want to stop. I don't know what to do..

UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000) UpInSmoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    It sucks when an injury or sickness comes about, really throws you off course. Either work through it, or work around it. If you still need time to heal, lay off the injured area for a while. Is there anything you can take, medication or supplement wise that might ease the pain? I'm coming off a fractured and herniated disc injury, so I feel your pain. It sucks. I've worked through it though and it's slowly getting better. You just got to take the hit and keep on going.

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tendonitis
    1: Take absurd amounts of fish oil.
    2: Stretch, a lot. Wrist and forearm flexors, brochioradialis, bicep and tricep stretches should all be a high priority and done several times per day. Yeah, it's a big ask, but you're in pain and I'm guessing that will motivate you more than enough to do what you've got to do.
    3: Rest. If you feel pain during an exercise, don't do it. If you feel sore afterward, provided you aren't doing absurdly high volume, you're fine, just rest until you're good to train again, however long that takes.
    4: High protein. Self explanatory.
    5: High reps, I know tendonitis=overuse and therefore high reps sounds stupid, but high reps=increased blood flow. If you pump extremely protein rich blood into the injured area at a faster than normal rate, it's going to heal much faster than normal. Keep in mind here though that your goal isn't to break down your muscles like it is in normal training, your goal is simply to make them work; this isn't supposed to be heavy.
    6: Ice, after every thing that hurts them. Sore when you come home from work? Ice for 15 minutes, heat for 15, ice for 15.
    7: Sleep, lots.

Shin splints
    Pretty much the same as the above, but know that there's a very high chance that the cause of your problem is your feet. Orthotics (custom made, if necessary) may be an expensive but fast and effective crutch that will allow you to function normally.
    Additionally, barefooted exercise may help (most shoes make life easier for your feet, this may be causing you problems). By this, I pretty much mean do squats barefooted, either barbell or pistol squats. If those cause pain, continue resting.
    Also, take up swimming. Cardio + a good way of working your legs (again, the whole increased blood flow thing).
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swift64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WarWithWeakness View Post
    Tendonitis
    1: Take absurd amounts of fish oil.
    2: Stretch, a lot. Wrist and forearm flexors, brochioradialis, bicep and tricep stretches should all be a high priority and done several times per day. Yeah, it's a big ask, but you're in pain and I'm guessing that will motivate you more than enough to do what you've got to do.
    3: Rest. If you feel pain during an exercise, don't do it. If you feel sore afterward, provided you aren't doing absurdly high volume, you're fine, just rest until you're good to train again, however long that takes.
    4: High protein. Self explanatory.
    5: High reps, I know tendonitis=overuse and therefore high reps sounds stupid, but high reps=increased blood flow. If you pump extremely protein rich blood into the injured area at a faster than normal rate, it's going to heal much faster than normal. Keep in mind here though that your goal isn't to break down your muscles like it is in normal training, your goal is simply to make them work; this isn't supposed to be heavy.
    6: Ice, after every thing that hurts them. Sore when you come home from work? Ice for 15 minutes, heat for 15, ice for 15.
    7: Sleep, lots.

Shin splints
    Pretty much the same as the above, but know that there's a very high chance that the cause of your problem is your feet. Orthotics (custom made, if necessary) may be an expensive but fast and effective crutch that will allow you to function normally.
    Additionally, barefooted exercise may help (most shoes make life easier for your feet, this may be causing you problems). By this, I pretty much mean do squats barefooted, either barbell or pistol squats. If those cause pain, continue resting.
    Also, take up swimming. Cardio + a good way of working your legs (again, the whole increased blood flow thing).
    Agreed completely. I have several joint and ligament issues and it sucks big time but in the end you can push through as long as you don’t push to the point of further injury. This was all solid advice and I use a lot of it and it will defiantly help out.

Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kris-R has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks you guys, I love the info and support!!