wariorrob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wariorrob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

is this possible ?

i weigh 195 lbs and im 5ft 11 im not a total whopper but if i carry on in my ways ill end up like the biggest loser guys alsoim told.

i have a holiday in 8 weeks , and im using it as a reason to make a life change not a quick chest and arm pump before i go on holiday then never to hit the gym again.

i have a job were im involved with heavy lifting and and alot of running around , so im very active during the day . i was wondering if people could post an idea of a goal i should have to reach before i go away so thats 60 days. i have a home gym with treadmill and weigh machines and the odd dun bell. my late farther was in great shape and always wanted me to train with him . so im making use of his stuff and trying to do what he wanted me to.

is 40 lbs a do able goal with no cheating diet or more weight possible ? iv quite a wide frame that i would like to get in good shape so im not sure weather losing more than 40 lbs. or is that all bs do i just need to get right down before i can start to build some good mucle?

im clueless on this iv tried reading my dads old books but i dont get what half of it all means. with a my rough goals stated above should i take creatine? my farther has alot of poweders and creatine pills in the house that obviously if will benifit me i will use them.

iv tried posting in other areas and had little reply , im sorry if i sound ignorant but i really dont have much of an idea . so all advice im greatful thanks for taking the time to reaed my topic

wariorrob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) wariorrob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im 20 might i add dont know if that makes any differance what so ever but just incase

Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Toxo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding what you're looking to do. If you're looking to lose 40lbs and you're 5ft11 & 195lbs, that is a pretty long term goal to set. Try losing 10-15 lbs first, as these are the quick pounds you lose. I lost 25lbs in 2 months (went from 160 lbs to 135lbs @ 5ft4) simply from removing the unhealthy food/drink choices such as sweets & especially soda, and drinking water and running 3-5 days (HIIT) a week.

Set goals as you're loosing more and more weight. You could lose 40 pounds, but for your height, that is honestly a really skinny person. You should try to lose a little bit of the un-needed fat then bulk up.

Good luck, if I didn't help, sorry

Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cronie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's 5 lbs a week, thats a 17,500 calorie deficit each week, 2500 calorie deficit each day

i dont even eat that many calories in a day, and you weigh 4 lbs less then I do, but im 3 inches taller.

it's not a realistic goal.

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am similar in height and weight. For reference I plan to lose 1.7lbs per week over the next 7 weeks. Since you are just starting out you will likely be able to lose more due to a drop in glycogen and water weight. If I were in your shoes I would try for 2lbs per week.

First, get an acceptable estimate of your caloric requirements here:http://www.freedieting.com/tools/cal...alculator.htm#

Ignore what it says about Fat Loss and Extreme Fat Loss calories. Take Maintenance and subtract 500 calories for every pound you want to lose. A pound of fat can provide 3500 calories of energy so to lose 1 pound over 7 days it takes 500 calories per day. Since your goal should be about 2lbs I'd start with 1000 calories below maintenance according to the calculator. The calculator is only an estimate so you will have to fine tune the specifics over time. Give this a go for 3 weeks and see what happens. If you want to lose more or less adjust your caloric intake accordingly.

Read the Calculating Calorie Needs and Macronutrients sticky for more info on what your calorie needs and make up should be.

You might also want to get an estimate of how much bodyfat you have. You can do that with this calculator:
    http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculat...=Body-Fat-Navy

Again, using me as an example it puts me at 145lbs of fat free mass and 46lbs of fat for 24% bodyfat. I am only after an athletic look right now so my goal is to get under 15% bodyfat. Assuming no loss of FFM I will have to get down to <170lbs to do this. If I were to strive for a leaner 10% bodyfat I'd have to drop to 161lbs. Since my FFM will likely decrease some during my cut these numbers are probably a little bit high but they are acceptable enough for future planning. The lower you drop the slower you will be able to lose fat. Once I get down to 180lbs and ~20% BF I expect my fat loss will have slowed to about 1.5lb per week. It will probably drop to about 1lb per week shortly after that. I plan to get down to 180 by June 24. I won't be down to 170 until late August or early September.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

i guess really im trying to change my shape more than anythin. iv just read back and iv browsed other guys topics. 40lbs is a stupid thing to say. i would just like to look better so i will aim to go for 20 lbs in the 8 weeks.

Eater of Planets MusclesGlasses's Avatar
    MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000) MusclesGlasses is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good job on looking back and reading what has been already answered + taking a step to changing your life.

20 pounds is a more realistic goal than 40 unless your pushing 300+ pounds. :P Get your diet in check and count how many calories you're eating. If you dont have a solid diet you can workout for those 8 weeks and stay the same or weigh even more. Here are some threads to get you started and good luck!

Calculating Calorie Needs and Macronutrients
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

How to lose fat for Noobs - Part II
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741
    5K+ guaranteed

Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Staysuckafree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wariorrob View Post
    i guess really im trying to change my shape more than anythin. iv just read back and iv browsed other guys topics. 40lbs is a stupid thing to say. i would just like to look better so i will aim to go for 20 lbs in the 8 weeks.
    Very intelligent to go and re-read others posts.. There are a lot of GURU's on this board and a ton of useful content for anyone motivated to make a change... If you don't mind I would suggest maybe a slight change in your thought process... By that I mean , while its very important to have goals (ie: 20lbs before holiday), I think a more beneficial mindset would be that you want to change the way you look overall because of your overall happiness. its been my experience that to ever achieve REAL change you must be doing it for the right reasons and to look fit on a holiday doesn't seem the best approach. I'm not hating at all because like i said setting goals is imperative to overall growth, just understand why your setting those goals and the big picture will become a lot more clear.

Good luck and just know htat your goal is SOOOOO achievable
    I've lost 82 pounds so far dieting with a little bit of exercise!
    I FEEL SO MUCH YOUNGER AND HAVE SO MUCH MORE ENERGY!
    My life started in September of 2010 and I am 27 years old.

GO HERE !!! -> http://productservicereview.com/my-weight-loss-diet.html <- Check it out!

Just Copy and Paste ! ;->

++++ Enjoy my comments? Friend me or give me Rep! Thanks! ++++

rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My advice, focus on making it a lifestyle change and stick with it instead of shooting for anything short term. Read the stickies, give it time, and believe in yourself. If you actually do stick to it and have patience, when you look back you and see how much you've change the feeling can be second to none.
    When everyone else has quit because they can't go on are you willing to push yourself to the next level?

If you ain't breaking a sweat, you ain't doing sh....

JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoshuaNeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maintain muscle at whatever cost, lift heavy, sleep well, eat clean. Don't worry about weight loss... just health. You may get away with building some muscle while burning fat for a bit depending on your shape.

Don't think "lose weight" now... just think long term health goals and diet. Once you get your diet really in check, you can start cutting down calories and adding in any cardio to adjust from there.

mrbear1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrbear1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrbear1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrbear1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrbear1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrbear1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrbear1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrbear1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrbear1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    sorry to hear about your father, basically just lift heavy so heavy that by the sixth rep u r struggling maybe 7th rep too, do heavy lifting 4 times a week and do cardio too, any fat you do have weightlifting will get rid of it along with your cardio personal messag me your email i will sed you a plan/book very good it helped me alot i payed 50 pounds for it!

thanks alot for all the advice which has been taken on boad .

i realise that trying to change for an event such as my holiday is dumb. but this is not the case im aiming to maintain a solid change to my lifestyle and diet . and with my vaction commming starting now is agood time as ever.