Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Registered User DontHateTheGame's Avatar
    Stats: 5'7", 160 lbs
    DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DontHateTheGame has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit DontHateTheGame's BodySpace

How do you and a girl become best friends?

So i've never had a girl who I could consider a best friend. All my best friends and I share same interests. We talk about smashing girls, sports, video games while every time I hangout with girls its "omg guess what ashley said". the fuk. for the brahs with girls they can consider a "best friend", wtf do you guys do and did you have to work at the friendship or did you two just have similar interests. I guess one big part of it is that the girl is really cool and not just a bish full of gossip. Then again, if you have a platonic relationship that pretty much goes against everything the misc says(friendzone, emotional tampon, money, rebound, beta etc. etc.)

There was a thread a while back about some dude who was best friends with some chick for a couple years and the girl developed cancer and chose to live her life to the fullest for the next couple months rather than go through kemo. He even posted her letters that she sent to him. they were just friends, but the way they acted towards each other was relationship stuff(going out for ice cream, talking about feelings etc.).

So how do you really become best friends with a girl. I could see potential benefits of being best friends with a girl(if youre relationship is truly platonic).

Stats: 5'8", 152 lbs
    SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit SHOBout's BodySpace
    I'm sure I'll get some hate for this response, but my best friend is my ex lol. We were extremely good friends before we decided to start dating and when we broke up we never really cut contact. Shes someone I completely trust more than any of my guy friends, she gives me serious answers when I ask about what I should do to pick up other girls, or what to get them for gifts for birthdays/christmas, or if I should to try and continue going after.

I have no real ideas how to develop this kind of friendship with a female, it just kind of happened after we broke up. Its also hard because when you spend that much time with someone one of the parties usually develop feelings for the other.

Good luck with your friendship goals in 2011!
    A bunch of slack jawed phaggots in here, this kind of **** will make you a sexual tyrannosaurs

/Sublime Crew/

###Manual Trans Crew###

Stats: 6'0", 128 lbs
    jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit jaredmt's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by SHOBout View Post
    I'm sure I'll get some hate for this response, but my best friend is my ex lol. We were extremely good friends before we decided to start dating and when we broke up we never really cut contact. Shes someone I completely trust more than any of my guy friends, she gives me serious answers when I ask about what I should do to pick up other girls, or what to get them for gifts for birthdays/christmas, or if I should to try and continue going after.

I have no real ideas how to develop this kind of friendship with a female, it just kind of happened after we broke up. Its also hard because when you spend that much time with someone one of the parties usually develop feelings for the other.

Good luck with your friendship goals in 2011!
    i just got out of a relationship with a girl who was a good friend of mine. I'm hopin to be close friends again but the only thing standing in the way is i still have feelings for her.
    j/w how long did it take till u got over her and saw her only in a platonic way?

Stats: 6'0", 128 lbs
    jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jaredmt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit jaredmt's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by DontHateTheGame View Post
    So how do you really become best friends with a girl. I could see potential benefits of being best friends with a girl(if youre relationship is truly platonic).
    I simply found a girl that is fun to talk to and has a lot in common with me. probably the same things u'd look for in a g/f but only i didn't try to date her at first. there was definitely benefits. she gave me advice on women, gave me a make-over (i used to wear dorky clothes), and i talked about things with her that u don't talk about with ur dude friends.

definitely go for it, its good to have a close female friend

Stats: 5'11", 182 lbs
    OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) OrangeShake has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit OrangeShake's BodySpace
    i did this last summer. it just kind of happened. we talked about all kinds of things (shallow,deep,gossip,intellectual,etc) and she was really fun to hang out with. too bad i actually started liking her as more than a friend maybe like a month into it. ya...that actually ended pretty well cuz i moved away. but then i came back to visit and told her i loved her (srs).....now that, that did not end well at all. we still text here and there but it's a lost cause now. what a shame.

Stats: 5'10", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1837
    rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000) rdnjr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit rdnjr's BodySpace
    My best friend is now my fiance. We met each other 3 years ago through a friend of mine that she dated at the time. Over that period of time we grew really close to one another, and when some bad and crazy stuff went down with other said friend, she broke up with him, and not long after, her and I had actually stopped talking for a while. I happened to text her one night because I wanted to talk to her, and her immediate response was "I'VE MISSED YOU!!!!!!". Met her at a bar the following weekend with some of her co-workers since I happened to be driving around the area and she had expressed how she felt about me, and honestly I had felt the same way about her. They were truly underlying feelings for each other all along that were bound to come out with time. We went out to a bar together to go see a band the following Saturday night and thats how it all began. We've been together for a year and a half now, been engaged for a year, getting married in August. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me. Although our personalities are different...I'm very laid back, she's a little more high strung..that kind of thing. We both have the same interests though, outdoors, exercising and being in shape, hiking, biking, traveling, drinking beer, you name it. She's my companion.

azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) azn3r1c has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Girl's are so boring to hang out with.

Hearts r broken everyday Lottabody's Avatar
    Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lottabody has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Lottabody's BodySpace
    Um I've only had one guy friend who I was completely comfortable with. It's also more fun hanging out with the opposite sex because you have that sexual tension/play thing going on.
    You wear a rubber?--damn right
    You are my lover?--all night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErN7fQd6WzA&list

gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) gooober has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit gooober's BodySpace
    one of my best friends is a girl and i can talk to her about anything, same with her to me. my girl right now is also one of my best friends, and im attracted to her also. it's very rare but it will happen as long as you have social skills and can talk to them.. they differ alot in interests but you'd be surprised at what you can learn from deep convos with them.. give it a shot
    "Once again, I'm sure she has seen about 400-500 different male hairstyles/heads, why would she take notice in mine?" - ohcetum

KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KRNEKIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit KRNEKIM's BodySpace
    You don't.

Not SRS if ur srs about "best friends". Just build bonds with the bros (srs)
    once your BFF girlfriend gets married you are history. Not the same with guys.

BodyPoints: 188
    Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Beeewbs has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Beeewbs's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by DontHateTheGame View Post
    So i've never had a girl who I could consider a best friend. All my best friends and I share same interests.
    And there you have it. I don't understand most relationships. Most couples seem to have very little in common. If you don't enjoy talking about the same things and doing the same things, they're basically just a f*ck buddy who you've tricked yourself and/or her into thinking you have some kind of a serious relationship with. You have to just find someone that you love hanging out with whether you're f*cking or not.

Stats: 5'8", 152 lbs
    SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SHOBout is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit SHOBout's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by jaredmt View Post
    i just got out of a relationship with a girl who was a good friend of mine. I'm hopin to be close friends again but the only thing standing in the way is i still have feelings for her.
    j/w how long did it take till u got over her and saw her only in a platonic way?
    Well, you will want to wait until you are over her, I can't tell you a specific time that will work for you, its been over 2 years now since we broke up and we've had rough patches (my last ex was a psycho and would talk **** to her on my phone pretending to be me and would delete the conversation) but since then we've been talking a lot.

My best advice is to get over her, go out and meet new girls, you have to figure out why you two broke up and cannot think about getting back together with her. As soon as you start thinking about that, you're done. It won't work out as being just friends, you will always want more. Once you figured out why it won't work again then you can see her as just a friend and talk to her about anything and everything.

Hope this helps.
    A bunch of slack jawed phaggots in here, this kind of **** will make you a sexual tyrannosaurs

/Sublime Crew/

###Manual Trans Crew###

Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ingrowntoenail has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Have stuff in common.

But honestly do you want to be best friends with a girl? There's going to come a point when she's going to blow your ear off ranting about the guys she's dating and the problems their having. You sure you're interested in hearing a woman talk about another guy that isn't you? On top of that her bf is always going to be jealous and suspicious of you for being closer to her than he is mentally. It's fun that's short lived and the only real benefit of it is using her to get to other girls. Even if you do get to a point that she decide to experiment and lets you "get it" you can't just walk away and forget it. People say it's possible for a man and woman to be friends. I honestly don't think so. Men just aren't built to be a woman's friend (unless they are gay and the chick is ugly as hell). You're always going to think about tapping that and at least try to. So you want to be cock teased forever? or hit that and be akward forever? You don't become a girls Best "FRIEND" you become her Boy "Friend" make up your mind.
    -R.I.P. Macho Man-

JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeKickAsre has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lottabody View Post
    Um I've only had one guy friend who I was completely comfortable with.
    I wouldn't be comfortable hanging out with someone who looks like The Predator.

Originally Posted by Lottabody View Post
    It's also more fun hanging out with the opposite sex because you have that sexual tension/play thing going on.
    Well, fuk me. A contradiction.