Training for Performance Angela R's Avatar
    Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Paleo and a Blood Glucose Experiment

Hello ladies...wow it's been forever since I've been on here! I recently changed my diet lifestyle to Paleo and did a lot of Evolution studies because of the Paleo...it lead me to a blood glucose testing experiment. I heard that if you could keep your blood glucose level at 80 you'd never put an ounce of body fat on - so I wondered why and so I set out on a 30 day experiment.

I blogged about here: http://i-am-paleo.blogspot.com/

I am not a doctor - but I will share everything I have learned.

Ciao!

Lift and Be Happy!!!

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That looks interesting.. I just subscribed on google reader.

Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks, Bethanny - it's a long blog but Ioved everything I learned and couldn't leave out any of it!

nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Very interesting - thanks for the link!

axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axleburn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I really enjoyed reading this - thanks!

And got a good guffaw out of your kid being told you were going to hell for being an athiest :-D

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to reading more. As a newly discovered Celiac, I am especially curious. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Ladies. My 9 year old was diagnosed with Celiac in December before Christmas. Our path to gluten free foods led us to Paleo. Its very important to recognize that gluten free foods (pancakes, pizza, muffins, cookies, cereals, etc) should be treated like treats as they spike glucose levels the same as gluten products - and in reality blood glucose levels is where it's at for health and a lean body.

If anyone decides to try this please share your results with me. I am forever curious =)

I will be talking about this in my blog soon - but the effects of alcohol and a hangover are directly related as well. Your liver stops producing glucose and your bgl drop very low - I did my friends bgl the morning after several drinks (she had a pretty good hangover) and her bgl was 68 - dangerously low. No wonder she felt so crappy.
    Last edited by Angela R; 05-07-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Angela R View Post
    Thanks, Ladies. My 9 year old was diagnosed with Celiac in December before Christmas. Are you path to gluten free foods led us to Paleo. Its very important to recognize that gluten free foods (pancakes, pizza, muffins, cookies, cereals, etc) should be treated like treats as they spike glucose levels the same as gluten products - and in reality blood glucose levels is where it's at for health and a lean body.

If anyone decides to try this please share your results with me. I am forever curious =)

I will be talking about this in my blog soon - but the effects of alcohol and a hangover are directly related as well. Your liver stops producing glucose and your bgl drop very low - I did my friends bgl the morning after several drinks (she had a pretty good hangover) and her bgl was 68 - dangerously low. No wonder she felt so crappy.
    That's really interesting. I've been having issues with my blood sugar for years, and I thought that now that I was finally on a fully gluten free diet I'd be able to get control over my body/blood sugar/inability to gain weight. I clearly need to look into this business with blood sugar more.

I'll definitely be following your blog.

Originally Posted by goalorientgirl View Post
    That's really interesting. I've been having issues with my blood sugar for years, and I thought that now that I was finally on a fully gluten free diet I'd be able to get control over my body/blood sugar/inability to gain weight. I clearly need to look into this business with blood sugar more.

I'll definitely be following your blog.
    Steak and eggs!! Pure power food for muscle strength - just remember muscle is dense - muscle size is directly related to glycogen and water stores in the muscle. Usually why someone who diets down for a competition looks better after their competition post meal of carbs! Muscles are full. Muscles don't have to be big to be strong. Your lack of weight is probably from Celiac - most people with the autoimmune disorder are underweight. My daughter put on 5#s after we took gluten out of her diet. She also isn't as lethargic. Good luck on your search for perfect health and a healthy body - it can be tricky when there are so many food choices available. Just keep it simple (like everything in life) and you'll get there.

Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fascinating!! totally went out and bought a glucometer
    "Ain't about how fast I get there.....it's the climb"

Originally Posted by Hannah73Louise View Post
    fascinating!! totally went out and bought a glucometer
    Hannah, please share your findings! I'd love to know how it goes for you.