MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000)

tricep pinching/cramping?

I last worked out on tuesday doing my typical upperbody workout which consists of

2 bicep exercises 3 sets of 10 (dumbbell curls and bar curls)
    2 exercises for the back 3 sets of 10
    2 exercises for shoulders (two different ways of raises) 3 sets of 10
    2 chest exercises (chest press seated and bench press) 3 sets of 10
    2 exercises for triceps (pull down exercise and seated arm extension machine) 3 sets of 10
    and one last row exercises that works back and bicep I believe 3 sets of 10

whole thing takes an hour and 15 minutes usually.

Anyway ever since wednesday (the next day) I've been getting this cramping and pinching in my left tricep (dominant side) it has decreased today (thursday) but it is still cramping and pinching almost popping. There is no bruising or visual proof of injury just pinching or cramping from time to time that has decreased from wed. to thurs. My question is should I workout tomorrow because it is one of my upperbody lifting days or not? I have iced the tricep just now for 20 minutes, and taken an extra protein shake in attempt to hasten the recovery of the muscle. Why i want to workout tomorrow is I will be busy playing soccer all of saturday and sunday and the next opp. to workout is monday so friday then monday is ideal. This once happened with my right bicep sometime last year but it was more pinching than cramping in that case and only lasted 2 days then on the third day fully went away and I worked out fine but was conscious about the injury and kept an eye on it.

Is there any measures I can take to hasten the recovery, and is this just a overworked/sore muscle or something more? I'm thinking it's going to get better with rest/ice and time but I'm afraid if I push it tomorrow I may tear the muscle by being too aggressive.

Please leave me opinions brahs, reps given out to the best ones

and thanks for taking the time to read my post

Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000) Demons24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    don't really think there is any need to ice it you must have just hit your triceps really hard, it'll go away with time. Drink a lot of water in the mean time.

MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thanks! hope its good for tomorrow would hate to not workout like 5 days in a row until monday!

repped btw
    Last edited by MooseLaddin; 05-06-2011 at 01:08 AM.

So today I warmed up good, stretched good and lifted as usual same weights/reps as usual and same intensity. I felt a pinch twice in the workout both times during lat pull downs rep and asked the trainer about the pinching and stuff he said its muscle fatigue but he says since i don't feel it during tricep pull downs and arm extensions (exercises I do that work the tricep) he thinks it may be a overworked posterier deltoid which is also back there. He suggested taking longer break inbetween workouts (usually i do every other day workouts) but this time i'll take saturday/sunday both off for sure, ice the area a couple times a day and possibly workout again on monday if not then tuesday and go from there.

plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) plzquick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i had the same problem, I took some time off and the cramping went. I do recommend staying away from working out your triceps again until the cramping is better.

migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) migliore1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if its a sharp pain thats like behind your elbow, then u can keep working out, i had this problem to in the right tricep, ten it went to both tri's then it went away

its up more in the back of the tricep very high up which makes it possible it cud be the posterier deltoid

lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lilvietsolja has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My sports med teacher does accupressure. .he did it on me when my tricep was really tight and hurting my elbo.. like i couldn't touch my shoulder 0_0. anyway! if you wanna hasten it, you might wanna try a golf ball and pressing it hard on your tricep and massaging it around. Also find some tricep stretches and do those everyday!
    Good Luck