Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Toguro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

first session w clients

sup brahs. so I have a 30 min session tomo with a client (tho its part of the interview to get the job) and im wondering what u guys usually do during ur first session.

do u stick with body weight/non-weight exercises and if u use weights do u do a full-body or a split such as back/bis for day 1 and hoping they come back for a 2nd session.

im gearing towards full-body workout since the manager is going to be watching and im actually training one of the trainers there as part of the interview. any tips. it's at ballys fitness btw if any1 is wondering

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually begin by using correct english, and keeping my clothes on. I find it gives a more professional air to my efforts, which helps in retaining the client or impressing the manager.

Train movements, not muscles. All you need to have them do is to do a deep knee-and-hip bend, pick something heavy up off the ground, and put something heavy overhead - legs, pull, push. A vast number of exercises fit these three categories, using bodyweight, dumbbells, kettlebells, barbells, logs, whatever.
    • Demonstrate competence, establish trust and rapport. Competence is talking about the stuff below briefly in layman's terms. Rapport is showing an interest in and empathy with them, and making them feel welcome in the gym. Trust comes from rapport and demonstrated competence, as well as a professional demeanour (thus advice about english and clothing).
    • Begin by assessing their ability to perform the squat/lunge, push and pull movements correctly and over a wide range of motion.
    • If they cannot perform them correctly, teach correct movement.
    • If they can perform them correctly but not over a wide range of motion, improve the range of motion with strength and flexibility work.
    • If they can perform them correctly and over a wide range of motion, load the movements up.
    • Progress the resistance over time.
    • If any movement causes pain, first check technique. If technique is poor, fix it. If technique is good but it still hurts, try another movement. If every movement hurts, refer for medical advice, then follow it.
    And that's all there is to it. The rest is just having a big library of exercises to choose from.

fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    I usually begin by using correct english, and keeping my clothes on. I find it gives a more professional air to my efforts, which helps in retaining the client or impressing the manager.

Train movements, not muscles. All you need to have them do is to do a deep knee-and-hip bend, pick something heavy up off the ground, and put something heavy overhead - legs, pull, push. A vast number of exercises fit these three categories, using bodyweight, dumbbells, kettlebells, barbells, logs, whatever.
    • Demonstrate competence, establish trust and rapport. Competence is talking about the stuff below briefly in layman's terms. Rapport is showing an interest in and empathy with them, and making them feel welcome in the gym. Trust comes from rapport and demonstrated competence, as well as a professional demeanour (thus advice about english and clothing).
    • Begin by assessing their ability to perform the squat/lunge, push and pull movements correctly and over a wide range of motion.
    • If they cannot perform them correctly, teach correct movement.
    • If they can perform them correctly but not over a wide range of motion, improve the range of motion with strength and flexibility work.
    • If they can perform them correctly and over a wide range of motion, load the movements up.
    • Progress the resistance over time.
    • If any movement causes pain, first check technique. If technique is poor, fix it. If technique is good but it still hurts, try another movement. If every movement hurts, refer for medical advice, then follow it.
    And that's all there is to it. The rest is just having a big library of exercises to choose from.
    This. Read it, like it, do it. Majority of first timers might fall into those catagories. Evolve from there based on how they do.
    AFAA Personal Fitness Trainer

Specialize in Sports Related Fitness and Weight Training
    Collegiate Athlete