cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Teenagers in the gym

does your gym have a policy regarding teenagers in the gym?

i go to a fairly inexpensive gym and lots of kids from the high school sports teams come in to workout. i'd say about 90% of them are great. respectful of those around them, re-racking their weights, wiping down equipment, asking politely to work in, etc.
    but then sometimes they bring a friend to workout with them... they are loud, yelling to each other across the gym, never wipe down equipment even though they see the rest of us doing so. this past week we've had two girls bounce back and forth between treadmills and ellipticals (and i really do mean BOUNCE) and one actually broke an elliptical.
    I don't want these few to ruin it for the 'good kids', but damn.
    I'm gonna be one to watch in 2012. Just wait and see.

Dirty Old Uncle Sam Likes His Women Fit and Trim
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136368681&page=1

*Team Amazon* Sisterhood of Iron

Executive Transvestite JillSlap's Avatar
    JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000)
    My gym is just a gritty, unglamorous neighborhood affair straight outta Rocky I, so the teenage girls don't bother coming. It isn't staffed from the hours of 7pm to 5am, even though it's open 24 hours, so the members kind of watch out for people who don't have memberships or people who are abusing the equipment. There are very few teenage boys (at least when I go in the evenings) and they pretty much stay under the radar. I don't imagine the regulars would allow any shenanigans from them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Humorless Prude Since 1978!

Don't let the bastards grind you down!

SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SDSammy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cynthia_waz View Post
    does your gym have a policy regarding teenagers in the gym?
    As long as they pay, I don't think my gym actually cares. That's why I do everything I can to finish my workout before 3pm. That's around the time they start arriving, by 4pm, the gym has turned into nothing more than a high school hang out.

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JillSlap View Post
    My gym is just a gritty, unglamorous neighborhood affair straight outta Rocky I, so the teenage girls don't bother coming. It isn't staffed from the hours of 7pm to 5am, even though it's open 24 hours, so the members kind of watch out for people who don't have memberships or people who are abusing the equipment. There are very few teenage boys (at least when I go in the evenings) and they pretty much stay under the radar. I don't imagine the regulars would allow any shenanigans from them.
    i would like to join your gym. kthnksbai

avi = 1 day old disregard bosstrollin's Avatar
    bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500) bosstrollin is not very helpful. (-500)
    leave the hundreds on the ground cuz no one can pick them up
    first mod neg 8/15/11

fml

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love catching them flexing in the mirrors. They don't even try to hide it, they are in their own little world lol. The ones at my gym are respectful and clean up after themselves for the most part.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very few in my gym but the ones that are there are annoying...always shouting across the room and mucking around...and their form, for the most part, is awful.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Executive Transvestite JillSlap's Avatar
    JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000) JillSlap is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cynthia_waz View Post
    i would like to join your gym. kthnksbai
    Lol. It's not fancy but it definitely caters to the serious gym rat. There's another gym that it's affiliated with that's totally different. My membership is good for either gym. I went there once since it's a bit closer to my house and it was like bizarro world. Ellipticals and stationary bikes as far as the eye could see. I swear I'm telling the truth here; there's a water-massage table in the ladies' locker room and a juice bar. Every treadmill and bike has an attached flatscreen that you can jack your Ipod headphones into and watch TV. I was totally gobsmacked.

If I ever go back I'll take pictures.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Humorless Prude Since 1978!

Don't let the bastards grind you down!

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was thinking about this thread this afternoon at the gym!

There were four boys doing what the teenage boys at my Y usually do: one of them lifts something while the others stand around and watch him, then another one lifts something and the others stand around and watch him... It doesn't annoy me, it just cracks me up. Well, today I overheard one of them saying, "Man, we been here an hour and we only did two things. I think we're slacking." You think? LOL I re-met them later in the stretching area. They were doing planks and I was doing planks. Well, they did *a* plank, then they stretched out propped on their elbows and chatted. It was hilarious.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sigh. Some of the kids at my old gym.

I've attemtped to recreate one of my favourite moments in MSpaint (high quality drawing). I'm sure you've all met the spotter who deadlifts the bar of the guy benching, let me introduce you to...The Cable Row spotter:

I shit you not, two of the kids came in and did this...

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OMG, that kills me, some of the things people "spot" on. You reminded me of when I watched some guy "working out" his GF at the gym and he was totally doing almost all the weight on every exercise. I mean, what is the point of putting 85 on the lat pulldown machine while your boyfriend is using most of the weight to work his triceps as he stands behind you?

Spotting exercises that don't need a spot = crazy.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They honestly don't do anything different from what most people ignorant to training do.
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) T00thus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most other teenagers have no clue how to workout properly and have terrible gym etiquette. I try to be one of the good ones

djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) djhavoc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My 24 hour gym is less than a mile from the local high school and most of the kids are respectful the only thing that I can say is "bad" is that it does kind of turn into social time depending on where they are machine, bench area, etc.

There were a few new kids in the gym on Friday. I had the leg press set up (with not really that much weight) and between sets, i went to refill my water bottle. i came back to find a kid who looked like a first year Hogwart's student sitting at the leg press and he didn't even know how it worked. i tried to be nice and show him, i would've had no real issue letting him work in. his friend who i've seen working out there a few times just told him to step away from the machine. and then about 5 of them crowded around the bench press area where one of them was benching about a 30lbs bar. it was 'cute'. LMAO

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I must say, of all the silly ass crap, I have NEVER seen "the cable row spotter"
    We would have to ask them to leave, quickly and quietly, before they get hurt, by us....
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000) sarasayshi is just really nice. (+1000)
    My problem with teens are the girls coming in with skimpy clothing. The other day there were two girls that barely looked 14 wearing those short knit shorts rolled down to cut them really low on the pelvis with waist high tanks tops so they were exposing alot of skin. I saw plenty of men checking those girls out and even men in their 40's and 50's were staring at them. Someone needs to tell those girls "This is not cheerleader try-outs!"
    IG: sarasayshi76

SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000) SaliorUSN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SDSammy View Post
    As long as they pay, I don't think my gym actually cares. That's why I do everything I can to finish my workout before 3pm. That's around the time they start arriving, by 4pm, the gym has turned into nothing more than a high school hang out.
    Same, especially when there are little 15 year old boys who think they are so fine and riped, so they try to show off in front of you and lift up their shirt to show off their bird chest and bitty abs.