Registered User MuscleBeach9999's Avatar
    MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Proper Breathing while deadlifting

just wondering if this is the proper way to breathe during deadlifts.

I hold my breathe UNTIL i get to the top of the lift, then i breathe out the minute i get there. Then i hold down until i go to the bottom

Is this right?

Or are you suppose to breathe in half way while lifting it up and halfway on the bottom

I have heard of people getting problems with pressure in their heads. So ya just wanted to make i am doing it right

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most individuals start releasing pressure halfway on the way up.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Registered User OlympicaProdigy's Avatar
    OlympicaProdigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OlympicaProdigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OlympicaProdigy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

not so simply put but good info nevertheless

Breathing for the deadlift used to fall into one of two schools: blocking or Valsalva (Power) breathing. Neither of these will be used (for more information on these, and the deadlift, watch for the next issue of the RMAX magazine). Before I go into how to breathe, you need to understand that you need to applie specific tension through the abs and lower back to protect the spine. This is an application of Selective Tension, and while not breath specific I must include this in order for you to perform this lift safely.

Since you question is specific to breathing, I will skip all of the setup that I go through in order to get my stance and alignment correct. So, you are standing over the bar and all 7 key components are in place. At this point, you "brace" your abs. Don't pull the spine to the navel, but rather the "brace" is between the suck-your-navel-to-your-spine and relaxed. There should be tension all around the girdle (abdominals and lower back). When bracing, do NOT tuck your coccyx (tailbone). A great exercise to learn this movement is leg floats.

Now that you have this position, ensure your shoulders stay packed as you hinge at the waist and bend over. Think of sliding your glutes back, and putting your shoulder blades in your back pocket. You should feel a slight compression in the abs, allowing you to brace further, and a slight exhale. This is Selective Tension at work. Allow the arms to hang from the shoulder, and continue descending until you can grab the bar.

Once in the bottom position, your abs are braced. Keeping that bracing, inhale slightly (you should feel your chest lift and the obliques move out) and begin the push. Exhale throughout the lift in a controlled manner until you reach top position, at which point you should naturally inhale. Staying braced after the inhale, allow the exhale to happen on the way down, as you compress back to bottom position.

As I alluded to earlier, I am working on a comprehensive tutorial of the healthy and productive style of deadlifting, which applies all of the CST components.

Registered User MuscleBeach9999's Avatar
    MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MuscleBeach9999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hey well have been deadlifting 380lbs for 5 reps. And for a 480lb max.

I will be a little more specific as well.

i put my feet under the bar. I keep my shoulder blades back. Make sure my chest is sucked up. I then make sure i am looking straight ahead. Not up not down. Just straight ahead.

I then lift the bar a bit, Just to make sure my back is a little tense.

I then lift the bar up i am almost their when i breathe out and then kind of sit back and really stand up.

That is the best i can do for you

I am pretty sure my breathing is right i just want to make sure

don't know if this is right. But ya what do u think now

lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lkn4hoz will become famous soon enough. (+50)