Thread: Work meetings

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Work meetings

Why are there always fresh fluffy donuts on the table? Oh it's brutal! The sprinkles! The Boston cream! Make it stop!

sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweethunibabi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ugh, I know!!! And bagels...fresh NYC bagels. Grrrrr.

And there's always some sort of snack, coffee cake, something! in the kitchen to be shared.

They all look at me like I have six heads when I politely decline.
    jersey girl, always *732*

squat - 180
    bench - 130
    DL - 190

squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Eat something prior or bring your own snack and chew gum if you can (or even suck on a breath mint). Honestly, donuts aren't that tempting to me, unless I'm hungry.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pass on the office garbage food - someone probably sneezed on it anyway. Gross. LOL!
    -KimP

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It gets easier over time. Some things I can't really do in moderation, so I won't even touch them. I'm never going to eat just ONE doughnut hole or a quarter of a bagel, so I won't touch them. It's much easier to avoid those foods if you don't have "just a taste".

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To each his own, but I often wonder why we can't have a meeting or celebration at work without cake, ice cream, or donuts, and it's usually subpar.

How about nuts or fruit or cheese or mini sandwiches or dark chocolate squares......or nada. Imagine that?

Before I had a "handle" on my diet, it would piss me off. Now it doesn't phase me. They have a right to "party" however they want to, and it's up to me to take responsibility for myself.

But, yeah, why always cake, ice cream, and donuts?

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i made it through the meeting without eating one. i wasn't even hungry when i went in. but they were really really fresh. so the aroma was a bit intoxicating. but now i'm back at my desk and eating black beans, ground turkey, avocado and salsa. i did have one tortilla, but there is definitely enough protein here to fill two of them.

the next time we have an office party, i am going to bring a fruit/veggie tray.

maybe i should bring one for the next big meeting...
    I'm gonna be one to watch in 2012. Just wait and see.

Dirty Old Uncle Sam Likes His Women Fit and Trim
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136368681&page=1

*Team Amazon* Sisterhood of Iron

buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buhjoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good for you!!!!

We always have tons of junk food right in the middle of the room and it feels so good to have my pants draping off me as I breeze by the grazers at the table.

keep up the good work!

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I heard the other day that the top item on the list that a person may eat that "breaks" their diet is...drumroll.....a donut!! And I am SURE its because of office situations! I am not normally a person who would ever go to a donut shop or buy them, but when you are hungry and everyone is eating them and they are sitting there....lol.

I agree with thepowerwithin, why do celebrations/meetings always revolve around food? I was watching an episode of Heavy the other day in which an obese person returned home from the "fat farm" to his family. And guess what? Huge spread of bad for you junk food. Ridiculous.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll eat the bagels if Im super hungry, but I have to pass on the donuts...I'll get headaches eating those.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in a job i used to have, i got to do the food order (i agree that it's unnecessary that meetings revolve around or involve food). i'd try to do a nice mix. it's tricky b/c the dept will only let you spend so much, and the healthier stuff is more $, not to mention people aren't always up for change. so i'd at least make sure there was a veggie tray or fruit salad. afternoon meetings were easier b/c some of the sandwich options were healthy. am meetings were harder b/c it really was mostly baked goods (and my always-ordered fruit salad and ypgurt, which man, was really pricey). at least they could offer english muffins or even cereal. the cafeteria had all these things but they were never options. i tried!

btw, rowyn, i love heavy. liked the beginning ones more (preferred the non hilton head ones. forget where they were, but liked the trainers better).

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to go in there prepared OP, bring a pouch of tuna, fork, open and enjoy! Gains > Sugar
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10) boomboomboom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cynthia_waz View Post
    i made it through the meeting without eating one. i wasn't even hungry when i went in. but they were really really fresh. so the aroma was a bit intoxicating. but now i'm back at my desk and eating black beans, ground turkey, avocado and salsa. i did have one tortilla, but there is definitely enough protein here to fill two of them.

the next time we have an office party, i am going to bring a fruit/veggie tray.

maybe i should bring one for the next big meeting...
    Good job! I was going to suggest requesting healthier options to whomever buys the food but volunteering to bring something healthier might work even better.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    You need to go in there prepared OP, bring a pouch of tuna, fork, open and enjoy! Gains > Sugar
    Another plus to that---the aroma and sight may cut the meeting a bit shorter, lol.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sinduh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They used to buy these huge ghetto cakes from Walmart at the start of each month to celebrate the birthdays that month at my old workplace.

They were so awful! But I'd usually eat a couple slices.

kipani6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kipani6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sinduh View Post
    They used to buy these huge ghetto cakes from Walmart at the start of each month to celebrate the birthdays that month at my old workplace.

They were so awful! But I'd usually eat a couple slices.
    This made me LOL.

I am feeling this post! Just complaining to a co-worker today...the VP is ordering pizza tomorrow to celebrate quarter end. Usually, they will put it in a conference room & when the dinner bell tolls, I just stay at my desk. But this time, it's in our big meeting room & they're also talking about happenings from Q1, so I have to go. Boo hiss. I already bought gum to chew. I hope it works since I'm subbing sweet for PIZZA.

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kipani6 View Post
    This made me LOL.

I am feeling this post! Just complaining to a co-worker today...the VP is ordering pizza tomorrow to celebrate quarter end. Usually, they will put it in a conference room & when the dinner bell tolls, I just stay at my desk. But this time, it's in our big meeting room & they're also talking about happenings from Q1, so I have to go. Boo hiss. I already bought gum to chew. I hope it works since I'm subbing sweet for PIZZA.
    Tell them you're lactose intolerant, or that you can't eat bread. It'll make them order veggies too.

kipani6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kipani6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by goalorientgirl View Post
    Tell them you're lactose intolerant, or that you can't eat bread. It'll make them order veggies too.
    Ha! That might work had they not seen me eat pizza a few times over the last couple years already. Anyway, they ordered salad too, so I'll give them that. I stuck with my gum though...

nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The thing at my work for at least one (and sometimes two) of the girls to make to bring in for morning teas (bdays, comings and goings) are cheesecakes. I used to struggle, but now I just think ... nah.

Donuts do not interest me in the slightest.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    worse than this - b/c this is to be expected, although i did try to change it at my old job, as i said!! - is treats at the gym. the equipment is on the second floor and snack bar on the first floor, and sometimes they're baking ("low fat" brownies and whole wheat granola cookies) while i'm working out, and it's just wrong! or even the smell of other food. but mainly those brownies. i'm never tempted when i see them, even though they look really good and are huuuuuge, but smelling them...

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    worse than this - b/c this is to be expected, although i did try to change it at my old job, as i said!! - is treats at the gym. the equipment is on the second floor and snack bar on the first floor, and sometimes they're baking ("low fat" brownies and whole wheat granola cookies) while i'm working out, and it's just wrong! or even the smell of other food. but mainly those brownies. i'm never tempted when i see them, even though they look really good and are huuuuuge, but smelling them...
    That's terrible! I've also heard of gyms that treat their customers to bagels and pizza. (Planet Fitness, I think).

nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    On Easter just passed my gym had a big bowl of those little eggs on the front bench. I'm like "what's this??!" to the trainer behind the desk and he's just like not my idea ... doesn't really make sense to me!

Originally Posted by bethanyboo View Post
    That's terrible! I've also heard of gyms that treat their customers to bagels and pizza. (Planet Fitness, I think).
    Originally Posted by nickys View Post
    On Easter just passed my gym had a big bowl of those little eggs on the front bench. I'm like "what's this??!" to the trainer behind the desk and he's just like not my idea ... doesn't really make sense to me!
    ugh, yeah, horrible. sometimes people are selling stuff in the lobby (it's kind of weird, actually), and sometimes this chocolate guy comes. fancy shmancy chocolate samples. tons of them. and on member appreciation day (which is a monthly thing) they have free brownies (the same brownies cut into little pieces) and sometimes even wine and cheese! they do get some credit for also having some cut up veggies too, at least (not on wine and cheese day, though). why can't anything be w/o food, esp "junk" food, and esp at a gym? but meetings too (back to the op's topic. sorry, didn't mean to hijack). and what is it abt donuts specially? like if it's a bfast meeting, always donuts. lunch, always pizza. why those foods? there are other foods in those price ranges. such a connection, though. i guess it's just easy.

SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) SilkMouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's hard when I'm not spot on with my eating, but when I'm really eating healthy all the time, I don't even want that stuff. It just turns into the junk it really is in my eyes. I am working toward getting back to that mindstate right now!

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    and sometimes even wine and cheese!
    I actually think this is awesome, lol, but then, wine and cheese are staples of my diet.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    I actually think this is awesome, lol, but then, wine and cheese are staples of my diet.
    on your way to the locker room, though? haha. too much for me.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    on your way to the locker room, though? haha. too much for me.
    Well, maybe on my way out
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Well, maybe on my way out
    lol, yeah

I was actually really impressed once when I visited another gym of a chain I was a member of (Campbelltown Fitness First, Aussies) - IIRC, they had a little cafe inside that had healthy smoothies and other kind of workout-ish options ... my memory is not the best, but it seemed pretty convenient and like a bloody good idea at the time.