Closed Thread
Page 88 of 284 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 8491
    BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ascendent View Post
    Vids as promised:

345. I'm pretty sure this was a clean lift.

375. From what I can tell, I cleared parellel, just barely.

385. I'm going to have to do this one over, fresh. Not satisfied with my form, at all.

Thoughts?
    Originally Posted by JiP View Post
    Don't mean any offense, but those squats all looked high. Try a side angle next time.
    Above ^^^

Let's go over the positives first:

1) Clearly a strong core and posterior chain - you are maintaining a good arch and uprightedness throughout the squat, which is definitely a good thing
    2) Clearly strong legs as well, you aren't half squatting which is definitely a good thing as well, but you aren't taking those as deep as you are able to.

If you aren't planning on competing anytime soon, I'd start taking them as low as possible and trying to catch the bounce. You appear to have good flexibility and core strength so I think a full squat would be more beneficial towards your goals (I am making assumptions here though, disregard if wrong)

Negatives -

1) You appear (as previously stated) to be pushing the knees too far forward for your PL style squat. Sit those hips BACK!
    2) You dance/ shuffle around way too much (IMO) at the start. Get your grip, take your breath, brace your core, and get under that bar. One step out, second step out, wiggle your feet JUST A TAD if you aren't in the right position, GET SET, and squat. Toying around with your set will make such a big difference, it's not even funny. Play around with it a bit on your warm ups and see if the weight feels 3x lighter.

The #2 point made just above is a big reason why I advocate frequent heavy squatting - you tend to become noticeably much more efficient in your set up as a side effect.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you don't attempt heavy PRs often and tend to stick in the ~3 plate range. That is a big difference. To me, it just seems like you are uncomfortable getting that bar into place before you go. Don't rush it, make sure you are completely set before descending. Good luck brah! You are clearly strong, just focus on applying that strength more efficiently.

On a side note, I am making great progress at the Oly gym I recently joined. Been hitting some high intensity weights at volume above what I am used to, frequently. At it is making noticeable difference.
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    update.

So i took some pain killers and now the pain has pretty much gone..

Should i still lift tonight? (got deads, front squats and OH press)...i would def wear a belt for all lifts.

To describe the pain this morning would be something like tingling weird feeling...it was right at the bottom of my back...either side of the top of each ass cheek...

I didnt go super hard on monday, my form is fairly good also...just feels like i need to stretch it out/foam roll...but not sure if one should do that with an 'injured' muscle?

cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheProgressiveOne View Post
    update.

So i took some pain killers and now the pain has pretty much gone..

Should i still lift tonight? (got deads, front squats and OH press)...i would def wear a belt for all lifts.

To describe the pain this morning would be something like tingling weird feeling...it was right at the bottom of my back...either side of the top of each ass cheek...

I didnt go super hard on monday, my form is fairly good also...just feels like i need to stretch it out/foam roll...but not sure if one should do that with an 'injured' muscle?
    the only thing that might affect you is not knowing that you have bad form because you wouldnt feel the pain,they block cortisol which could help with muscle development
    Powerlifting accomplishments

In competition:Squat 413 single ply ,bench 303 raw ,deadlift 418 raw

All lifts raw

youtube/CamWillisA

***Misc Strength Crew***

ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ShortDave has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's a new vid of one of my favourite deadlifters from my PL club

And my victory dance just for fun

It'd be like staying fat while running marathons because it's more impressive to finish a marathon when you're overweight. It might be impressive in the short run, but in the long run it just doesn't make any sense. ~breathinglife

Raw competition lifts ....................Equipped
    Squat 661
    Bench 490...........................................666.9
    Dead 585

Working To Fat Jacked Marcoccia's Avatar
    Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dirtyjerz View Post
    http://www.roguefitness.com/gear-app...ting-shoes.php

i have the do-wins and LOVE them, seriously wonder how i ever lifted without them.

the new adidas one's are really nice too though.
    Nice the site I was looking at had those Adidas for $120 and the 2008 model for $100 I guess I'll be buying them from Rouge now.

This is the site where I'm going to buy my straps from they have a ton of options for straps

http://www.dominatorathletics.com/do...ng_straps.html

edit: Also didn't get my lift was about to go lift friends called me to go to movies I went thought I could make a quick workout after but went to the later show.

Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    1. You knee break before you hip break. This will basically **** up the rest of your squat. The FIRST thing you do after you take position should be to push your hips back hard.

2. Keep your eyes/head up more

3. Sit back on your heels more.

4. Film from the side.

5. Edit the clips so we don't have to watch 60s of nothing before you squat :-)

I'd also start box squatting on a below parallel box.
    I'll work on it. And yes, the clips are way longer than they need to be. Next time, I'll just get somebody to record me. No homo.

Originally Posted by ronpaul3046 View Post
    lol while watching those vids i kept thinking my screen was frozen because u never moved
    My bad.

Originally Posted by Metal Jerk View Post
    yo ascedent your my second best black e-friend (sword is first).. you look way too stiff.. you went down real slow like.
    Yeah, I'm definately not quite confortable with that weight yet. I'm still working at it.

Internet bro-fist?

Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    sit back, not down. Your knees shoot forward, thats not good
    push the knees out the whole lift
    speed speed speed and the way down
    Noted.

Originally Posted by ruskism View Post
    Strong lifts brah! Try going deeper next time though, your quad should be perpendicular to the ground and on the same level as the crease in your hip. You definitely have the strength to surprise yourself.
    Will do.

Originally Posted by Getter_done View Post
    They were all a couple inches high BUT it definitely looked like u had the power to do them even if u went down to parallel. when i squat i dont try to hit parallel, i just go down as much as i comfortably can, which is usually a bit under parallel and explode back up, gotta really sit back into those squats.
    Will do, bro.

Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    Above ^^^

Let's go over the positives first:

1) Clearly a strong core and posterior chain - you are maintaining a good arch and uprightedness throughout the squat, which is definitely a good thing
    2) Clearly strong legs as well, you aren't half squatting which is definitely a good thing as well, but you aren't taking those as deep as you are able to.

If you aren't planning on competing anytime soon, I'd start taking them as low as possible and trying to catch the bounce. You appear to have good flexibility and core strength so I think a full squat would be more beneficial towards your goals (I am making assumptions here though, disregard if wrong)
    I'm relatively flexible, getting moreso now that I've begun some basic yoga. It's still a work in progress. Concensus is I still need to go a it lower then, right on.

Negatives -

1) You appear (as previously stated) to be pushing the knees too far forward for your PL style squat. Sit those hips BACK!
    2) You dance/ shuffle around way too much (IMO) at the start. Get your grip, take your breath, brace your core, and get under that bar. One step out, second step out, wiggle your feet JUST A TAD if you aren't in the right position, GET SET, and squat. Toying around with your set will make such a big difference, it's not even funny. Play around with it a bit on your warm ups and see if the weight feels 3x lighter.

The #2 point made just above is a big reason why I advocate frequent heavy squatting - you tend to become noticeably much more efficient in your set up as a side effect.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you don't attempt heavy PRs often and tend to stick in the ~3 plate range. That is a big difference. To me, it just seems like you are uncomfortable getting that bar into place before you go. Don't rush it, make sure you are completely set before descending. Good luck brah! You are clearly strong, just focus on applying that strength more efficiently.
    So you're saying I should work fron squats in a bit? I'm all for the advice, I'll look into them next week (lifting week). I do tend to stick to the 3plate range mostly, maybe 325 so yes, this was a big jump for me. I try to max at least 30lbs more, but only for one. I've been working up to the vids, but it's not an every week thing, no. Hell, even 365 a few weeks ago was a little rough after doing 315 x 3, and then 325 x 2. I'm going to go down a bit in weight, and start recording it more to see if I can work out these flaws.

Thanks for the advice, guys.
    United States Marine Corps [Sep. '01 - Mar. '13]

Instagram: charles_uncaged

powerlifter with abs jimmybimmy's Avatar
    jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ShortDave View Post
    Here's a new vid of one of my favourite deadlifters from my PL club

And my victory dance just for fun
    Nice dance Dave man.

Also, squatting in the 3-5 times a week is good change up imo for someone who's been on the same program for a years.

TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    just got back from gym....lower lower back didnt hurt until last set...but stretched it out and feels ok.

Kept fronts fairly light at around 80% of 5rm for 5x5..

Wore a belt for the deads tho until im feeling better....if i had to pinpoint where i thought i mightve gone wrong it was either with my butt wink on squats, or my form on pendlay rows.. Not sure :S

hopefully i dont wake up with pain tonight tho...

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jimmybimmy View Post
    Hows rehab going bro?
    Going good. My goal is to squat 405 and dead 480 before the end of the year.

Originally Posted by scarboro View Post
    Skimmed something about making homemade straps?
    Will duffle bag straps work lol? Deadlift day is tomorrow and cannot grip anything past 405 on sumo since there is no knurling on inside + I'm lazy to 'borrow' chalk from the oly lifters.
    I would think duffle bags straps would work. I cant remember how long they are though, they might be too short.
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Skimmed something about making homemade straps?
    Will duffle bag straps work lol? Deadlift day is tomorrow and cannot grip anything past 405 on sumo since there is no knurling on inside + I'm lazy to 'borrow' chalk from the oly lifters.
    could work I suppose, I think you will need a minimum of 18" length per strap for it to work though. (Ideally, 22" I think, can't remember how long mine are)

I bought a roll of cotton belt webbing, 1-1/4" width - used for making military belts. I like the cotton over nylon because it grips better. I got it on ebay, this seller has some of the best prices http://stores.ebay.com/NPN-Webbing/1...=p4634.c0.m322

I believe a 20yd roll is good for 16prs of straps. Thats like $1.25 per pair.

see attachment (i think the pic is huge):
    Attached Images
    Last edited by slowman41; 07-20-2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    got my avi posted. first time in like a week, great run!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=26

brb logic of being shredded is more important than being capable makes no sense.
    New Jersey: 201
    ★ BlackBerry Messenger Misc Group ★
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

All lifts are 100% raw. (old stats are old)
    Squat: 375x5, 385x3, 415x1
    Front Squat: 315x5, 335x3
    Deadlift: 515x5, 525x1
    Clean: 305
    Bench: 275x6, 290x3, 305x1

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just got back from the gym feeling fine, and now it feels like i tweaked something in my back. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    got my avi posted. first time in like a week, great run!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=26

brb logic of being shredded is more important than being capable makes no sense.
    Congrats on pic posting. I used to get that alot.

As far as aesthetics goes: I have never figured out how they determine when they meet their goal. With strength its easy, if my goal is to squat 500 pounds I reach it when i squat 500 pounds. Looks are too subjective to ever be a goal for me. The only appearance goal I have is to see the outline of my abs while being as much of a monster as possible. I want to get to 12-14% bodyfat and get stronger everyday.
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

Registered Abuser SteventheVirus's Avatar
    SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteventheVirus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
    Congrats on pic posting. I used to get that alot.

As far as aesthetics goes: I have never figured out how they determine when they meet their goal. With strength its easy, if my goal is to squat 500 pounds I reach it when i squat 500 pounds. Looks are too subjective to ever be a goal for me. The only appearance goal I have is to see the outline of my abs while being as much of a monster as possible. I want to get to 12-14% bodyfat and get stronger everyday.
    I agree with what you said, "aesthetics" seems to mainly mean a thin waist with wide shoulders and enough mass to be "appealing" (whatever that means). It's way too subjective.

As for me, I want to be strong and good looking, or as I put it "head turning"- women turn towards you cause they want you and guys turn away cause they're scared to look you in the eye.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SteventheVirus View Post
    I agree with what you said, "aesthetics" seems to mainly mean a thin waist with wide shoulders and enough mass to be "appealing" (whatever that means). It's way too subjective.

As for me, I want to be strong and good looking, or as I put it "head turning"- women turn towards you cause they want you and guys turn away cause they're scared to look you in the eye.
    if that's all it takes, i have that....when i'm wearing a t-shirt haha.

shirt off i look like a guy who lifts, but not particularly lean.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000) jimmybimmy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    if that's all it takes, i have that....when i'm wearing a t-shirt haha.

shirt off i look like a guy who lifts, but not particularly lean.
    This lol, never had good looking abs, likely never will.

Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000) Metal Jerk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    benches at my gym are gay, they are slippery as ****

cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cameronwillisa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Metal Jerk View Post
    benches at my gym are gay, they are slippery as ****
    i know what you mean,i lose my arch after my first rep
    Powerlifting accomplishments

In competition:Squat 413 single ply ,bench 303 raw ,deadlift 418 raw

All lifts raw

youtube/CamWillisA

***Misc Strength Crew***

dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SteventheVirus View Post

agree on all counts.

"just pulled a 650 deadlift"

"that's gonna give you a wide waist" (for people that will never compete why does it even matter? you're strong as fuk and that's all that matters)
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

agree on all counts.

"just pulled a 650 deadlift"

"that's gonna give you a wide waist" (for people that will never compete why does it even matter? you're strong as fuk and that's all that matters)
    This, only the strong survive, and lifting heavy ass weights makes you mentally stronger

was max squat for sheiko today, wanted 425 and didn't get it, my lifts have all gone down since the last time i maxed. i think it's due to the fact i've lost weight, i haven't been lifting as consistently, i need to eat more, and i took a week off right before my last week of the program due to vacation, so frustrating.

my sets were as follows:

135x8
    225x6
    295x4
    335x3
    365x1
    385x1
    405x1 (felt easy, came right out of the hole)
    425x1 (fail, nosedive)
    425x1 (fail, stuck in the hole)

315 1x10
    315 1x8
    315 1x10
    315 1x2 (wanted 30 reps at 315)

the end part was just abusing myself for being a ******* and not getting 425. masochism at its finest.
    Last edited by dirtyjerz; 07-20-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattyBoyzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    best crew on the misc by far (srs)
    ☆☆☆UK Crew☆☆☆
    ***Misc Strength Crew***

ALWAYS rep back crew

AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Back is still farked. Tried some squats last night and it gave out at 225 on the 4th rep.

Not happy as it felt fine (no pain at all) until that point. Looking like I'll need to take next week off too or stick to isolation movements that put no stress on my lower back...I'll make that call next Monday depending on how it feels...but no squats, deads or bent over rows for a while it seems...ahh well.
    Bench: 572lbs (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrAfn0TfkY&feature=youtu.be)
    Squat: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/hnvJ0SdCYKw)
    Deadlift: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/KDS6TQ_--eM)
    Bent Over Row: 485lbs (https://youtu.be/dc-t9k3f208)
    Over Head Press: 405lbs (https://youtu.be/h3o4jOBa8IM)

was max squat for sheiko today, wanted 425 and didn't get it, my lifts have all gone down since the last time i maxed. i think it's due to the fact i've lost weight, i haven't been lifting as consistently and i took a week off right before my last week of the program due to vacation so frustrating.

my sets were as follows:

135x8
    225x6
    295x4
    335x3
    365x1
    385x1
    405x1 (felt easy, came right out of the hole)
    425x1 (fail, nosedive)
    425x1 (fail, stuck in the hole)

315 1x10
    315 1x8
    315 1x10
    315 1x2 (wanted 30 reps at 315)

the end part was just abusing myself for being a ******* and not getting 425. masochism at its finest.
    Everyone has those days man. Just use it as motivation

Originally Posted by AusPower View Post
    Back is still farked. Tried some squats last night and it gave out at 225 on the 4th rep.

Not happy as it felt fine (no pain at all) until that point. Looking like I'll need to take next week off too or stick to isolation movements that put no stress on my lower back...I'll make that call next Monday depending on how it feels...but no squats, deads or bent over rows for a while it seems...ahh well.

Curls!!!!

Have you found Brodin? CuriousGM's Avatar
    CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh lordy, there's this kid at my new gym that makes every leg day entertaining now. He always stares me down while I'm doing SQ/DL for some reason and today he decided he was going to show me what's what.

I finish up my sets

135x10
    225x10
    285x5
    315x5
    375x4

After I finish unloading the bar he rushes to the rack, loads up 315 (he was just curling, hadn't done a leg exercise the entire time I was there) I figure this should be good so I pause for a moment to observe and he introduces me to a whole new exercise, the squat morning. He got down to about 5" above parallel, started to come back up, somehow the bar comes down on his neck and forces him forward and slams on the safety bars and sends him smashing into the ground.

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AusPower View Post

Sounds like you need a massage and rest.

Originally Posted by CuriousGM View Post
    Oh lordy, there's this kid at my new gym that makes every leg day entertaining now. He always stares me down while I'm doing SQ/DL for some reason and today he decided he was going to show me what's what.

I finish up my sets

135x10
    225x10
    285x5
    315x5
    375x4

After I finish unloading the bar he rushes to the rack, loads up 315 (he was just curling, hadn't done a leg exercise the entire time I was there) I figure this should be good so I pause for a moment to observe and he introduces me to a whole new exercise, the squat morning. He got down to about 5" above parallel, started to come back up, somehow the bar comes down on his neck and forces him forward and smashes into the safety bars and sends him smashing into the ground.
    Lol!!
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

Originally Posted by CuriousGM View Post
    and sends him smashing into the ground.
    hahahahah i would pay to see that!

there are some weird ppl in the gym man....too much testosterone!!

last nite a fellow gym member said i should be deadlifting in a spot where ppl always deadlift...i was like "umm..no worries?"

Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd like to join this crew.

Pulled 350x5 today (PR), about 2 years after I first pulled 345x5.

Finally making some gains!

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Was too lazy to make straps/too far to buy them so I had to go for a double overhand PR and I got one +20lb more than I had previously done.

375lb (170kg) Double Overhand Sumo on 1.5" deficit thx to oly shoes. Harder than expected since i've been dropping weight. I'm probably a bit under 159 uncarbed.

I also realized (thx to the vid) in the two weeks I've been deadlifting sumo I've been doing it all wrong lmao and it looks like complete utter sh!t. Before seeing it on vid I seriously thought it felt really good. Tips before I end up decreasing my deadlift?
    Misc Strength Crew

Have you found Brodin? CuriousGM's Avatar
    CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Always resisted buying lifting shoes because I didn't want to drop $100+ on them, but these popped up on Amazon. Normally $100, on sale for $40. Deal

Was too lazy to make straps/too far to buy them so I had to go for a double overhand PR and I got one +20lb more than I had previously done.

375lb (170kg) Double Overhand Sumo on 1.5" deficit thx to oly shoes. Harder than expected since i've been dropping weight. I'm probably a bit under 159 uncarbed.
    [youtube]rGMWU_7fqvM[youtube]

I also realized (thx to the vid) in the two weeks I've been deadlifting sumo I've been doing it all wrong lmao and it looks like complete utter sh!t. Before seeing it on vid I seriously thought it felt really good. Tips before I end up decreasing my deadlift?
    Since switching from conventional to sumo has it made a major difference in your DLing? Never done sumo and kind of curious

Closed Thread