mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Interesting Q&A re: Olympic lifts & arm size

From the June issue of Ironman Magazine, this Q&A was part of Charles Poliquins 'Smart Training' column.....

"Q: Do olympic lifting exercises have any value to a bodybuilder in increasing arm size?

A: Yes, strange as that may sound. In fact, I've found that power snatches are one way to help overcome a slump in biceps training. There are 2 reasons for that: First, lowering the bar from doing power snatches or power cleans provides rapid eccentric stretch for the elbow flexors. It recruits them in a manner they are not accustomed to and helps break a plateau. Second, power snatches help develop better thoracic and cervical alignment, which provides better neural drive for the elbow flexors."

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    brb doing olympic lifts for hyoooooooge gunz
    Who was this love of yours?

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "An extraordinary ergonomical haft from titanium carbon fiber polymer insulates against variances in incalescence....yeah the pan handle..."

I see the point, but the language makes me laugh. I read it enough, but, we are still talking about the gym, right?
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I bet about 0 pro natural bodybuilders do olympic lifts as part of their bicep routines. Especially an exercise where there is no elbow flexion.

Polquin making ludicrous claims about what he's seen is par for the course. Everything he says requires verification, and is therefore about as useful as never hearing anything at all.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mbinda View Post
    From the June issue of Ironman Magazine, this Q&A was part of Charles Poliquins 'Smart Training' column.....

"Q: Do olympic lifting exercises have any value to a bodybuilder in increasing arm size?

A: Yes, strange as that may sound. In fact, I've found that power snatches are one way to help overcome a slump in biceps training. There are 2 reasons for that: First, lowering the bar from doing power snatches or power cleans provides rapid eccentric stretch for the elbow flexors. It recruits them in a manner they are not accustomed to and helps break a plateau. Second, power snatches help develop better thoracic and cervical alignment, which provides better neural drive for the elbow flexors."
    Although I am a massive fan of the Olympic lifts and think that they're quite under appreciated and underutilized, I just don't think they do much for the biceps. Forearms yes but biceps hardly. Plus one generally drops the bar from overhead when doing a snatch so there isn't an eccentric portion to the Olympic lifts.

Though then again, Olympic lifters to exhibit pretty good physique though that could also be partially thanks to the assistance lifts they do:

But if you want to be a bodybuilder, train like one.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brudman View Post
    I bet about 0 pro natural bodybuilders do olympic lifts as part of their bicep routines. Especially an exercise where there is no elbow flexion.

Polquin making ludicrous claims about what he's seen is par for the course. Everything he says requires verification, and is therefore about as useful as never hearing anything at all.
    Don't shoot the messenger I just thought it was interesting.

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    poliquin is a respected authority, but this one may be a bit far fetched or perhaps simply out of context. those benefits he listed are probably true but would have to be weighed against the energy/recovery cost of doing these moves with adequate intensity. the point being that energy could be better spent on using other bb'ing techniques.

wow at that indonesian lifter, probably the best developed one i have ever seen.
    but of course caution has to be used when using this for interpretation, out of all the elite gifted lifters he is the odd one out, the others dont look anything special while in a line up of elite gifted bb'ers (lets compare with top natty contests) the average difference is clear. u have to cancel out the common factors to see the underlying trend.
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.