alexcheboub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexcheboub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question open for the Experts

Guys I need your help!

In my last MMA fight I won with a great KO and now have been given a shot @ the lightweight title. The thing is, my opponent felt a lot stronger and more powerful than I was and I felt that my conditioning was good, but his was better.

I find that my skill set is of a very high level, but my strength and conditioning is a weakness. And I have been training hard, I came into this fight with a 450lb deadlift and a 250lb Bench press @ 154lbs weight!!!

Fight link is below for your attention!

To see my last fight go to youtube and search "Knockout of night EFC 08" and it should be the first link. Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by alexcheboub View Post
    Guys I need your help!

In my last MMA fight I won with a great KO and now have been given a shot @ the lightweight title. The thing is, my opponent felt a lot stronger and more powerful than I was and I felt that my conditioning was good, but his was better.

I find that my skill set is of a very high level, but my strength and conditioning is a weakness. And I have been training hard, I came into this fight with a 450lb deadlift and a 250lb Bench press @ 154lbs weight!!!

Fight link is below for your attention!

To see my last fight go to youtube and search "Knockout of night EFC 08" and it should be the first link. Any advice would be highly appreciated!
    Your lifts are pretty good considering you probabaly cut to make weight and lifting is probabaly a secondary aspect of your training to begin with. You'd probabaly be better off doing what you are doing then focsuing more on strength. Is a 280 lb bench and a 500 lb deadlift really going to make that much of a difference in terms of your fights?

alexcheboub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexcheboub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    Your lifts are pretty good considering you probabaly cut to make weight and lifting is probabaly a secondary aspect of your training to begin with. You'd probabaly be better off doing what you are doing then focsuing more on strength. Is a 280 lb bench and a 500 lb deadlift really going to make that much of a difference in terms of your fights?
    Thanks Retardo-pex! Would you recommend me sticking more to an explosive training regime ie olympic weightlifting and doing less pure powerlifting???

Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Evpkol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by alexcheboub View Post
    Any advice would be highly appreciated!
    What kind of an advice are you looking for?
    I'm currently preparing a guy for a combat sambo championship (lightweight) which will take place in the end of September.
    The preparation is divided int three parts, each lasts for eight weeks.
    1) Strength (mostly powerlifting plus some other exercises, low reps, bag work)
    2) Strength Endurance (hammers, heavy balls, rubber, kettlebells etc, pad work)
    3) Pure Endurance & Technique (running, spar and wrestling)

Of course it doesn't mean that is not working at his technique and spars during all three parts but the most accent goes for the third one.