krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Crack the Fat Loss Code (question about carbs)

Hey Guys,

The topic is the title of a book I am following, FYI.

I just started this diet 3 days ago. Finally after years and years of not understanding nutrition and bodybuilding, I have done 3 weeks worth of research and discovered the meaning behind it all! Now I'm putting it into action and wouldn't have it any other way!

Anyways, has anyone tried this Fat Loss Code ? Its an excellent book (my girlfriend used it 2 years ago and lost 23 pounds). Shes on it with me again since we just had a baby 4 months ago and wants to lose the baby weight.

My main concern is that, I have an ok amount of muscle/body mass. However, this book starts you off on the first week as a carb-deplete week, meaning you cannot consume more then 20g of carbs for the first 7 days.

Thats fine and dandy, but I just came from the Keto forums (first time over there) and read a few people posting that you should never dip below 50g of carb a day?

::!! Please help me clear up this misunderstanding.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by krete77; 05-02-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Needed to clarify that the topic is actually the name of the book I'm deriving my information from.

TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10) TrueBDB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have never heard of that diet, but it is possible it has you go low carbs the first week so you lose a lot of water weight. In other words, a gimmick to make you think it is doing more than it really is.

On the other hand their are good reasons to deplete glycogen. Like I said, without knowing all the details I can't say for sure.

If you eat more than 50g carbs per day you probably won't go into keto...

In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
    However, this book starts you off on the first week as a carb-deplete week, meaning you cannot consume more then 20g of carbs for the first 7 days.

Thats fine and dandy, but I just came from the Keto forums (first time over there) and read a few people posting that you should never dip below 50g of carb a day?

::!! Please help me clear up this misunderstanding.
    Thanks!
    For Keto, the general "limit" is 30g a day. Some do 50g, some do 30g, some do less if they can. There's no minimum that will make you die or something. Most foods have trace carbs, so you'll probably end up at around 20-30g anyway.
    275->180->248... Next stop, 150

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ---Rocky Balboa

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

DISCIPLINE + PATIENCE = SUCCESS

Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dip87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have plenty of days where I have like 25g carbs total and do HIIT and circuit training on these days, like today for example my total carbs are 30g. Fiber 15g, so net total is 15g. It's not a problem. If you were looking to bulk, obviously you wouldn't want to do this on a cositent basis, but on a cut, no worries. I haven't really lost muscle or strength and I've been cutting for 8 straight weeks. I usually have 2 days a week with this low amount of carbs. Most days around 75-100g. And one day a week of 400+g on a refeed.

My advice, try everything see what works best for you. Just because someone does a program and loses weight with it, that doesn't mean you will. For example last winter I tried keto and did what was suggested of cardio and my usual BB routine. Only lost water weight, never any fat. Now this cut I'm on is based on pure HIT training that consists of circuit training, HIIT, long duration cardio. Lost 20lbs so far. But even though I didn't lose fat on keto, I actually did gain about 10-15lbs of muscle.
    Why So Serious?

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Brklyns_Finest View Post
    For Keto, the general "limit" is 30g a day. Some do 50g, some do 30g, some do less if they can. There's no minimum that will make you die or something. Most foods have trace carbs, so you'll probably end up at around 20-30g anyway.
    Ah ok.

Actually, this isn't a diet. Its a lifestyle change, so the book says. It really isn't one of those fads. I've read through most of it and its packed full of excellent information.

As the weeks go on, I'll post my progress, etc. I had no problem cutting back my carbs at all. In fact I'm eager to change everything.

Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Dip87 View Post
    I have plenty of days where I have like 25g carbs total and do HIIT and circuit training on these days, like today for example my total carbs are 30g. Fiber 15g, so net total is 15g. It's not a problem. If you were looking to bulk, obviously you wouldn't want to do this on a cositent basis, but on a cut, no worries. I haven't really lost muscle or strength and I've been cutting for 8 straight weeks. I usually have 2 days a week with this low amount of carbs. Most days around 75-100g. And one day a week of 400+g on a refeed.

My advice, try everything see what works best for you. Just because someone does a program and loses weight with it, that doesn't mean you will. For example last winter I tried keto and did what was suggested of cardio and my usual BB routine. Only lost water weight, never any fat. Now this cut I'm on is based on pure HIT training that consists of circuit training, HIIT, long duration cardio. Lost 20lbs so far. But even though I didn't lose fat on keto, I actually did gain about 10-15lbs of muscle.
    Exactly. I'm going to go through with this. It is 8 weeks long. I can't remember the exact reason for the carb-deplete week, but it does have something to do with glycogen and kick-starting the body, or tricking it. As the weeks go on, it reintroduces the carbs, etc.

I'm looking to drop body fat, not really caring about my weight. Looking to be healthy and lean and couldn't ask for much more.

I workout basically every other day, doing compound exercises, and I lift fairly heavy. All I know is that this "diet" has me keeping my protein intake to match my LBM so that's a plus.

I'm really excited to see the transformation of myself, as I've never done anything like this in my life, and I have a tremendous feeling that this is will change my body and mind forever.

Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sprockethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What are the keto forums? I am in keto right now and have a ton of questions. Please share.

Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    What are the keto forums? I am in keto right now and have a ton of questions. Please share.
    Go to nutrition, it's one of the subsections of the nutrition forum.

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ---Rocky Balboa

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000) frank112 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude that's not the fat loss code.

You're basically just doing either CKD or a modified version of what most bb'ers do the week before a contest (carb deplete for a week and then glycogen fill on the day of the show).
    Start (fat guy):May 31 2009 - 205lbs ~34%bf
    (first large cut) July 31 2010 - 140 lbs ~14-15%bf
    (first bulk) March 1 2011 - 164lbs ~18-19%bf
    Currently (June 30, 2011) - 146lbs ~11-12% bf
    Ultimate Long term Goal - 170lbs @ 10%bf

Originally Posted by frank112 View Post

You're basically just doing either CKD or a modified version of what most bb'ers do the week before a contest (carb deplete for a week and then glycogen fill on the day of the show).
    It's just the name of the book.

Originally Posted by frank112 View Post

That's what I was thinking too lol, but I didn't wanna take glory from this elusive code

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

Originally Posted by Brklyns_Finest View Post
    That's what I was thinking too lol, but I didn't wanna take glory from this elusive code
    LMFAO. word.