dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it possible to gain muscle but not lose fat?

I'm running and lifting everyday but my fat % is super high and it seems to stay the same.... but I see my body improving a lot and getting stronger and looking better and better, yet body fat is an issue and I don't know what to do

Oh btw i'm doing CKD...

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes of course it is possible to gain muscle but not lose fat, it's the other way around that is trickier. I don't know much about keto but if you aren't losing any body fat then you are probably just eating too much still.

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where are you getting the number for your body fat percentage from anyway? The methods with a tape measure or caliper are both incredibly inaccurate. If you measure 31% you could be 26% for all you know. Very few methods for finding body fat percentage are close to perfect - they all depend on how you put on fat and muscle and your general body shape. If you feel firmer and can see you're moving towards the body you want, ignore that number, it's entirely possible it's completely wrong anyway.

dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dyannkkuevas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Yes of course it is possible to gain muscle but not lose fat, it's the other way around that is trickier. I don't know much about keto but if you aren't losing any body fat then you are probably just eating too much still.
    Oh ok!

I started CKD about 7 weeks ago -how long do you think it takes to see fat loss?

I see my body is changing though and I have lost weight but the fat is so hard to lose I don't know why

Originally Posted by goalorientgirl View Post
    Where are you getting the number for your body fat percentage from anyway? The methods with a tape measure or caliper are both incredibly inaccurate. If you measure 31% you could be 26% for all you know. Very few methods for finding body fat percentage are close to perfect - they all depend on how you put on fat and muscle and your general body shape. If you feel firmer and can see you're moving towards the body you want, ignore that number, it's entirely possible it's completely wrong anyway.
    Thank you thank you!!! That gives me hopes and makes me think I might actually be losing fat since I do see results!

I am using a scale that also works for measuring fat%. Do you know of a good way to measure it (accurate) ? If any?

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dyannkkuevas View Post
    Thank you thank you!!! That gives me hopes and makes me think I might actually be losing fat since I do see results!

I am using a scale that also works for measuring fat%. Do you know of a good way to measure it (accurate) ? If any?

Ah, those scales can't actually tell you anything about body fat. They don't know how dense/muscular you are, so how could they say how much of your mass is fat and how much is muscle? Height and weight are not even close to enough information.

Read this http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123726731 for methods. Most are not available or affordable for non-competitive builders though.

The best you can do is probably found here: http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-percentage-report

Honestly, the easiest way to figure out your body fat percentage is to look at other women who know their real bf percentage and compare, to at least give yourself a range. That, or post pictures in the bf thread and ask the experts (again, visuals can only give you a range, but more accurate than scale or tape measure might be able to do).

greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) greesemuunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah, I agree with the previous post. The calipers say I'm 29%. Seriously. I can see upper abs, there's no way I am almost "obese". lol. I just accumulate most of my fat on my arms and back where the calipers measure.
    There are tape measurements you can do as well, but sometimes those aren't accurate either. My pt tells me for women it goes like this:

18%-upper abs
    17%-lose cycle
    14-12%-lower abs, maybe obliques.
    *"Obession is just a word the lazy try to call the dedicated"*--not mine, but a great quote!

Protein is to diets what black is to fashion: It makes everyone thinner." -- Lou Schuler

~A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!~

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm running and lifting everyday but my fat % is super high and it seems to stay the same.... but I see my body improving a lot and getting stronger and looking better and better, yet body fat is an issue and I don't know what to do

Oh btw i'm doing CKD...
    You look fine to me. You say you are seeing results. I wouldn't complain. Your mirror is a great guage of success. You don't really know what your bodyfat is unless you have it done professionally (via dexa or hydrostatic) and even hydrostatic has a pretty good margin of error.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Striving to Master my Bod ajw1970's Avatar
    ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I see my body is changing though and I have lost weight but the fat is so hard to lose I don't know why
    If you lost weight then you can't be gaining muscle without losing fat. If that were true you'd weigh more, not less. If you're getting stronger while losing weight and showing body changes (loser clothing and such) then you are losing fat and probably some amount of muscle being lost too.
    Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. -Mat 6:33

There's only one way to lose weight wisely and permanently, and it's no secret. It's simple, but it's not easy: exercise and eat right, consistently.
    and
    You can soak in specifics, ketogenics, periodization pcts and the facts, fallacies, myths and mysteries of hypertrophy...I'll be at the gym. -Dave Draper

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134207181