YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Depression/anxiety/loss of drive and motivation?

Anyone experience this during low carbing and/or reaching lower body fat levels?

MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10) MHSETRadTech is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by YCHR View Post
    Anyone experience this during low carbing and/or reaching lower body fat levels?
    For about the first month of keto, yes

Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel bad when I actually have my carb up days. On keto I feel great.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sometimes due to lack of fav foods...but you adjust
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If I do a carb up with a lot of sugar this will happen to me for a few days afterward. Not sure why but it's almost every time. And yes to the low bf, before my last pregnancy my bf was really low and I was miserable. Had to zig zag cals and give myself higher and lower cal days to get things right again w/o gaining.

BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10) BladeJrs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Darkdashing View Post
    I feel bad when I actually have my carb up days.
    This

TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What depresses me the most is cooking, i get so tired and down by cooking. But you are right, some times low-carb diets tend to lead to tiredness and body aches. But maybe you are eating too little. Maybe it's not the low-carb diet that makes you feel down, it's that maybe you need to increase your calorie intake a bit.

Another thing is that you should do cardio, at least walking is good. Long distance cardio increases brain chemicals and motivation

I AM A LEFTIST REALIST. AND ACCORDING TO MY REALISM, THE ONLY OPTION THAT MARXISTS HAVE IN 2012 IS RON PAUL. RON PAUL IS THE ONLY SOLUTION USA HAS FOR 2012. ALL LEFTISTS OF THE USA SHOULD SUPPORT RON PAUL. HE IS THE ONLY MESSIAH SAVIOUR USA HAS. WE HAVE 2 OPTIONS: RON PAUL OR DEATH. FOR MORE INFO ON THE COLLAPSE OF USA GO TO http://www.paulcraigroberts.org and http://www.informationclearinghouse.info !!

TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Another important point, i wanted to say about low motivation, is that maybe you live in a place full of fat, deformed, ugly people around you. You have to realize that all forms of ugliness, specially deformed ugly individuals cause depression and loss of strength, and positive energies in us, specially with people who have a very aesthetic, beauty, body-image world view, like celebrities, fashion models, fitness people, gym addicts and exercise enthusiasts like us.

So maybe the society around where you live, your lazy fat apathetic neighbors might infect you with some levels of pessimism and depression. Notice that the reason of why many bodybuilders, models and celebrities move to California and Miami, Florida is that humans are a result of the place in which they live. So if you live in a bodybuilding, fashion, celebrity city, you will be more motivated and energized toward bodybuilding and beauty. As compared to people who live in cities where fashion modeling, bodybuilding and beauty are not very necessary, and where people are apathetic to beauty, lazy, grunge, and careless pessimists who infect us with their depressive apathetic attitude toward life

And the same thing happens in all sectors of life. That's why families who have lots of money send their children to study at state of the art university towns or to Europe where there is lots of motivation toward university careers.

So maybe you feel down and sad some times because you don't see many fitness enthusiasts and people into weight lifting around you

I AM A LEFTIST REALIST. AND ACCORDING TO MY REALISM, THE ONLY OPTION THAT MARXISTS HAVE IN 2012 IS RON PAUL. RON PAUL IS THE ONLY SOLUTION USA HAS FOR 2012. ALL LEFTISTS OF THE USA SHOULD SUPPORT RON PAUL. HE IS THE ONLY MESSIAH SAVIOUR USA HAS. WE HAVE 2 OPTIONS: RON PAUL OR DEATH. FOR MORE INFO ON THE COLLAPSE OF USA GO TO http://www.paulcraigroberts.org and http://www.informationclearinghouse.info !!

tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000) tonytoo is just really nice. (+1000)
    maybe you are just getting burnt out, period. you know from trying so hard for so long?

bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bazurkk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I find dieting structures my life more. Its easier to hit the books, go to the gym and keep yourself on a schedule.
    CONQUER.

You are right, maybe he needs to introduce some days of 80 grams to 100 grams of carbohydrates. Either that or that he is eating too little, and he needs to raise his calories a bit.

Originally Posted by tonytoo View Post
    maybe you are just getting burnt out, period. you know from trying so hard for so long?

I HAVE THE GREAT ANTI-DEPRESSANTS FOR YOU. WATCH THESE 4 GREAT ANTI-DEPRESSANT VIDEOS

YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YCHR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TonyBear View Post
    Another important point, i wanted to say about low motivation, is that maybe you live in a place full of fat, deformed, ugly people around you. You have to realize that all forms of ugliness, specially deformed ugly individuals cause depression and loss of strength, and positive energies in us, specially with people who have a very aesthetic, beauty, body-image world view, like celebrities, fashion models, fitness people, gym addicts and exercise enthusiasts like us.

So maybe the society around where you live, your lazy fat apathetic neighbors might infect you with some levels of pessimism and depression. Notice that the reason of why many bodybuilders, models and celebrities move to California and Miami, Florida is that humans are a result of the place in which they live. So if you live in a bodybuilding, fashion, celebrity city, you will be more motivated and energized toward bodybuilding and beauty. As compared to people who live in cities where fashion modeling, bodybuilding and beauty are not very necessary, and where people are apathetic to beauty, lazy, grunge, and careless pessimists who infect us with their depressive apathetic attitude toward life

And the same thing happens in all sectors of life. That's why families who have lots of money send their children to study at state of the art university towns or to Europe where there is lots of motivation toward university careers.

So maybe you feel down and sad some times because you don't see many fitness enthusiasts and people into weight lifting around you

I feel what you're saying on here, it totally makes sense and I can completely relate to it. You're more than right, +reps btw. Where I live, this whole fitness sort of thing becomes sort of a competition between douchebags and what not, and I mean, I'm still in HS and all but yeah, maybe that's why too. The ones who lift don't lift right but brag about what they do as if they're on their way to becoming mr. olympia. Even personal trainers are ****, they **** around on their blackberries all day while their clients to **** with the weights.

Originally Posted by tonytoo View Post
    Last week I tried adding mass intensely and I was just experimenting with myself...I weighed 141 pounds and trained for 14 days straight, however, I couldn't do **** on monday. Not even LISS, I felt dead, literally...so I was forced out, I rested on the 15th day.

Saturday I tried training again, day 16, after "carbing up" on friday night, but it didn't work as I wasn't able to even bench 30 lbs. (and I can't really bench much either but compared to 120s-130s max...30 is nothing).

Today I felt slightly better and was able to finish tri's/chest workout adequately, or so, and LISSed the rest of the day biking around to help myself as I was feeling quite depressed earlier. I seriously felt like just quitting. I've dropped my BF% and added 9 pounds of lean mass over those 2 weeks I trained straight for but what I went through from friday to saturday wasn't really worth it. Even now, I still feel kind of burnt out.

I am afraid of developing disorders.

What depresses me the most is cooking, i get so tired and down by cooking. But you are right, some times low-carb diets tend to lead to tiredness and body aches. But maybe you are eating too little. Maybe it's not the low-carb diet that makes you feel down, it's that maybe you need to increase your calorie intake a bit.

Another thing is that you should do cardio, at least walking is good. Long distance cardio increases brain chemicals and motivation

At these BF% levels I can only LISS my way out of fat as HIT would be detrimental for me if I want to keep adding lean mass. I used to train muay thai and wrestling, moved onto jiu-jitsu, but quit on martial arts all together to focus on getting heavier to compete again at higher levels.

Originally Posted by bazurkk View Post
    I find dieting structures my life more. Its easier to hit the books, go to the gym and keep yourself on a schedule.
    ...but I often find myself brooding about food and I hate it lol.

VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Last week I tried adding mass intensely and I was just experimenting with myself...I weighed 141 pounds and trained for 14 days straight, however, I couldn't do **** on monday. Not even LISS, I felt dead, literally...so I was forced out, I rested on the 15th day.

Saturday I tried training again, day 16, after "carbing up" on friday night, but it didn't work as I wasn't able to even bench 30 lbs. (and I can't really bench much either but compared to 120s-130s max...30 is nothing).

Today I felt slightly better and was able to finish tri's/chest workout adequately, or so, and LISSed the rest of the day biking around to help myself as I was feeling quite depressed earlier. I seriously felt like just quitting. I've dropped my BF% and added 9 pounds of lean mass over those 2 weeks I trained straight for but what I went through from friday to saturday wasn't really worth it. Even now, I still feel kind of burnt out.

I am afraid of developing disorders.
    how about dropping keto and eating at just a deficit?

And no you didn't add 9lbs LBM over 2 weeks

Originally Posted by VAnick View Post
    how about dropping keto and eating at just a deficit?

And no you didn't add 9lbs LBM over 2 weeks
    I did...I also gained 2 pounds of fat which I lost from extended periods of LISS this monday/tuesday. Wed and thurs where basically heavy lifts on un-re-filled glycogen stores...by friday I really couldn't do much. I weigh myself fasted, after going to the bathroom and making sure I am really emptied up. I gained 9lbs LBM over 2 weeks.

Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiny Tim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, it happens. One thing that I found helped me was I never ate exactly the same amount of food - I tried to make sure that every meal was a little different so that my body never could plateau. One of the things that I periodically did, was I would go a day where I just lived on Olive Oil. I know that freaks some out, Or I would only eat protein for lunch.
    Why? just to mess things up - The psychological factor of the Induction phase is the hardest part about Keto - once you can make it through that you will have a ton of energy, it is just a matter of riding that crappy phase out.
    Last edited by Tiny Tim; 05-02-2011 at 07:53 AM.
    Tiny Tim

"In other words your body can't make fat without crabs." - Athletichunta

Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did...I also gained 2 pounds of fat which I lost from extended periods of LISS this monday/tuesday. Wed and thurs where basically heavy lifts on un-re-filled glycogen stores...by friday I really couldn't do much. I weigh myself fasted, after going to the bathroom and making sure I am really emptied up. I gained 9lbs LBM over 2 weeks.
    if lbm is water and glycogen then yes.

Originally Posted by Darkdashing View Post
    if lbm is water and glycogen then yes.
    You'll keep insisting on the way MY body is? No wonder why you're red.

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i feel bad when eating carbs. try more red meats in your diet and more saturated fats.

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    During the carb-up I experience intermittent, low-grade anxiety. Similar to what I felt when eating a "normal" diet.

On my last cut, when I got below 10 % bf, I did notice a tendency toward depression. One of the few negatives I've noticed with this WoE. Being sub- 10% on a regular diet several years before, I did not notice this.
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah..after the first couple of weeks it's gone.
    I think for me the problem was that when I get bored or whatever.. I eat carbs. So take the carbs away and I'm stuck. Maybe it's a lack of a sugar high.
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the thing i've noticed... is that when people switch to keto... but stick to vegetable oils and chicken instead of beef... and anything other than saturated fats, they are depressed, less energetic and lifts go down in the gym. if you're not getting saturated fats, seriously eat more. look into coconut milk(unsweetened) and coconut oil. eat 80/20 beef

Yeah, and at least they lift weights. But there are some cities, where people only care about pleasures, specially food. Around where I live there are lots and lots of all you can eat buffets, like Ryans, Shoneys, Golden Corrals, Japanese-Chinese buffets, Cicis pizzas all you can eat buffets, IHOP pancake buffets.

I mean, i am just being scientific on living in a pro-gym city or living in anti-gym city. And our motivation and inspiration toward an activity is also shaped by the place in which we live. And to tell you the truth, it is not very motivating to lie on a bench press to lift heavy plates, in a place surrounded by Golden Corral buffets and obese, deformed, overweight people.

And the same is true for all activities and professions in life. That's why people who love philosophy, humanities, law etc. move to cities and places where there are lots of other folks into those types of professions.

And the same goes for gym, fashion modeling and fitness. Most people who love fitness and looking great with plenty of money and who have the resources to relocate to a city and state with lots of gyms, health food stores and a strong fitness industry like California and Florida. Compared to more backward states like Kentucky, Tennessee, etc. where most people prefer buffets, pizzas and indulging themselves in binge-eating than in the world and lifestyles of diets, gym and fitness like California and Florida

I feel what you're saying on here, it totally makes sense and I can completely relate to it. You're more than right, +reps btw. Where I live, this whole fitness sort of thing becomes sort of a competition between douchebags and what not, and I mean, I'm still in HS and all but yeah, maybe that's why too. The ones who lift don't lift right but brag about what they do as if they're on their way to becoming mr. olympia. Even personal trainers are ****, they **** around on their blackberries all day while their clients to **** with the weights.

Is butter a saturated fat? Because I rely on butter instead of coconut oil for my fats. I also use mayonnaise and cooking oil

Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    the thing i've noticed... is that when people switch to keto... but stick to vegetable oils and chicken instead of beef... and anything other than saturated fats, they are depressed, less energetic and lifts go down in the gym. if you're not getting saturated fats, seriously eat more. look into coconut milk(unsweetened) and coconut oil. eat 80/20 beef

Is butter a saturated fat? Because I rely on butter instead of coconut oil for my fats. I also use mayonnaise and cooking oil

butter has mostly saturated