Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KimPossible98 View Post
    Those are still pretty rockstar numbers. Does your trainer yell and scream at you? Thats the kind of trainer I would need.
    No, he mocks me...which makes me mad. In a joking way, of course. Funny, I would not have thought those numbers were so great..the guys around me when I train lift so heavy I always feel like a wimp..

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking 5/19 con't..

Finished my w/out after carpool with:

45 min ellip
    6 x 6 pull ups
    4 x 10 dips

stretching/foam rolling...

ok...NOW I'm done for the day...

Angry 5/20

5/20: Fairly sucky leg day...

I shouldn't try to do squats 2 days a week. Im going to go back to doing one day of compound lower body and one day of alt leg stuff...step ups, lunges, stuff on the bosu ball, etc. Also wondering if the cardio Im doing is fatiguing my legs...I've been doing it 4-5 times a week.

Anyway:
    Front squats:
    15 @ 45lbs
    12@95 lbs
    8@145 lbs
    4@155 lbs
    8@ 145 lbs

Back squats:
    10 @ 135lbs
    3 (pathetic attempts) @ 185lbs
    8 @ 155 lbs
    6@175 lbs

Lunges:
    3 sets 15 reps w/45 lbs

Smith Machine Unilateral Squat:
    3 sets 10 reps w/bar (and these kicked my a@@...)

Reverse Hyperextension:
    3 sets 12 reps

I know I have legs with my trainer on Tuesday. I think Im going to really rest my legs until then..maybe skip cardio this weekend all together. Also, my new Chuck Taylors should be in by then. The shoes Im wearing now are old and funky and I notice my feet are rolling out to the sides when Im doing squats. The new gym frowns on socks, and the floor is slippery anyway...so that may help..

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree YOU don't need to squat 2x a week, not with those numbers! But some of us (possibly those who did upper body for a yr and a half and ignored lower lol) really should do that.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Cool

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    I agree YOU don't need to squat 2x a week, not with those numbers! But some of us (possibly those who did upper body for a yr and a half and ignored lower lol) really should do that.
    I don't know...I'm trying to build mass. I think my deload week just has me mixed up. My knees are killing me tonight; I think Im going to ice them.

I think I need some kind of new plan. I just scored New Rules of Lifting (for boys) for $3.78 after a 50% off Borders coupon and $5 Borders bucks..

I wonder if I do too many sets, if I should be doing a 5X5 program...I don't know...I kind of go by the feel of it when Im there. If I feel strong I go longer/harder...if I feel weaker I do drop sets...but there's no rhyme or reason.

I guess so far Ive had good results/progress...but I wonder if I wouldnt be better off with a more structured plan...

Soooooo..while I was searching for "New Rules" at Borders tonight some guy was telling me how he was trying to lose weight. He explained that he used to do push ups and had good chest muscles, but then he stopped and his chest muscles sunk to his belly and now he has a gut. Yeah, I hate when that happens...when your muscle melts into fat and drips down to another part of your body..thats the WORST!

That was dumba$$ number 2 actually. Number one was a guy at the gym, who not only tried to guess my weight and height, but also tried to convince me my body fat was no more than 10%....oh, yeah, he was a real expert. I put him to shame by front squatting 155 right next to him while he did them with a 45lb plate...

Obviously, I had not patience for people today...I will be nicer tommorow. Im going to go eat a cookie now...

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    Funny, I would not have thought those numbers were so great..the guys around me when I train lift so heavy I always feel like a wimp..
    That settles it. I'm moving to Texas. Guys apparently know how to lift where you are and that means they have nice muscle. Probably from all the cattle drives and ropin' and ridin'

I shouldn't try to do squats 2 days a week. Im going to go back to doing one day of compound lower body and one day of alt leg stuff...step ups, lunges, stuff on the bosu ball, etc. Also wondering if the cardio Im doing is fatiguing my legs...I've been doing it 4-5 times a week.
    Oooooh you will LOVE/HATE the NROL program then! You'll do squats one day, then get a rest day, and deads the next. It takes me about 2-3 weeks for my body to get the hang of the workload involved with doing so much compound movement but it really pays off.

Also the program will have you doing much much much MUCH less cardio. At first it's kind of scarey but if you want to build muscle, there is just no sense in doing endless cardio. Lose fat with your diet and build your muscle with the weights.

I like the quote "More is not better, BETTER is better"

AND if you're doing the same ol thing maybe it is time to switch it up. Try something new, step outside your comfort level and see what happens.

He explained that he used to do push ups and had good chest muscles, but then he stopped and his chest muscles sunk to his belly and now he has a gut. Yeah, I hate when that happens...when your muscle melts into fat and drips down to another part of your body..thats the WORST!
    This happens to me ALL the time! I just can't seem to keep those muscles in place! Glad to know I'm not the only one with such issues
    -KimP

Wink

Oooooh you will LOVE/HATE the NROL program then! You'll do squats one day, then get a rest day, and deads the next. It takes me about 2-3 weeks for my body to get the hang of the workload involved with doing so much compound movement but it really pays off.

Also the program will have you doing much much much MUCH less cardio. At first it's kind of scarey but if you want to build muscle, there is just no sense in doing endless cardio. Lose fat with your diet and build your muscle with the weights.

I really only started cardio on my deload week. I was only doing it 1 maybe 2x a week before that.

What scares me about NROL is how infrequently you train. 3 days a week? I know more doesnt mean better, but more is what Im used to. I basically go by the major concepts in NROL now...I do compounds first and foremost, but some isolation work as well. I switch up my routine all the time. I switch up between high reps/low weight and low reps/high weight. But now I lift 4 days a week, and one day I do abs. And I know the rolling of the eyes will occur when I say I do abs on their own....that's its unnecessary...etc..but I believe this has had some benefit for me. Perhaps my abs tend to be weaker...in all 3 of my pregnancies my abs split. Anyway, Ive got a very strong core and I can't believe working up to a 3 min plank hasn't helped with that and helped on my compound lifts as well..

ok..rant over..I'm going to finish reading my new book and contemplate a bit.

Honestly, the only thing thats keeping me from my goal is diet. I have a small amount of body fat to lose to be exactly where I want to be. I think I have a really good/balanced base of muscle mass (though if anyone checks my progress pics and has suggestions Im all for them), though Im not at all opposed to more. I just like to eat damn it!!

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I really only started cardio on my deload week. I was only doing it 1 maybe 2x a week before that.

What scares me about NROL is how infrequently you train. 3 days a week? I know more doesnt mean better, but more is what Im used to. I basically go by the major concepts in NROL now...I do compounds first and foremost, but some isolation work as well. I switch up my routine all the time. I switch up between high reps/low weight and low reps/high weight. But now I lift 4 days a week, and one day I do abs. And I know the rolling of the eyes will occur when I say I do abs on their own....that's its unnecessary...etc..but I believe this has had some benefit for me. Perhaps my abs tend to be weaker...in all 3 of my pregnancies my abs split. Anyway, Ive got a very strong core and I can't believe working up to a 3 min plank hasn't helped with that and helped on my compound lifts as well..

ok..rant over..I'm going to finish reading my new book and contemplate a bit.

Honestly, the only thing thats keeping me from my goal is diet. I have a small amount of body fat to lose to be exactly where I want to be. I think I have a really good/balanced base of muscle mass (though if anyone checks my progress pics and has suggestions Im all for them), though Im not at all opposed to more. I just like to eat damn it!!
    I haven't done NROL but NROL4W and from what I hear the programs are kinda similar. You switch up between high and low rep and I think their is ab work in each stage. You get all of that in 3 days a week.

AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BTW, I think you look great!!

My first attempt to put a pic in a post...today was the first pool party of the season...and I believe it's impolite to ask anyone to appear in a swimsuit before summer officially starts..

Anyway...not much different from last month...but at least none the worse, lol! Shoulders look pretty good today..

And one of the youngest of my brood...flexing of course...
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by AprilShowers13 View Post
    BTW, I think you look great!!
    Thanks! Always a work in progress. I'm sure the program is great...I'm a gym junkie Im afraid..I get stressed if I don't get my fix...that's what worries me the most...but it's never too late to change!

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd look at the pics but again something is wrong with my F'n computer! LOL!

You are not alone, EVERYONE is scared at the training in-frequency when they start the program. But if you go to the gym 3x a week and completely bust your a$$ - I'm talking, everything you have - that's all you'll be able to do
    -KimP

Thumbs up

I'd look at the pics but again something is wrong with my F'n computer! LOL!

You are not alone, EVERYONE is scared at the training in-frequency when they start the program. But if you go to the gym 3x a week and completely bust your a$$ - I'm talking, everything you have - that's all you'll be able to do
    Well, theyre on my profile, too..well, not the one of my cutie pie

Im sure you're right about the 3x program. After squats yesterday theres no way I could lift today...and I didn't even feel strong yesterday (though I gave it my all)...deads tommorow...I'll have to fins another hobby for my off days, lol..

dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Looking at your progress pics, I have to ask you, where is the fat you need to lose? You already look pretty damn perfect unless you're looking to compete. Otherwise, you look lean enough for maintenance and healthy.

Your shoulders are what I am aiming for and I think your legs look fab. Looking fantastic for a 42 year old....you put the majority of young females to shame. Your hard really shows and you should be proud of yourself.

What does your ex-husband have to say about your progress....were you into bodybuilding before you split?
    Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one!

Journal 2011- "Bring On The Muscle Part II: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136157271

Smile

Originally Posted by dawndm View Post
    Looking at your progress pics, I have to ask you, where is the fat you need to lose? You already look pretty damn perfect unless you're looking to compete. Otherwise, you look lean enough for maintenance and healthy.

Your shoulders are what I am aiming for and I think your legs look fab. Looking fantastic for a 42 year old....you put the majority of young females to shame. Your hard really shows and you should be proud of yourself.

What does your ex-husband have to say about your progress....were you into bodybuilding before you split?
    Thanks!..I could be a bit leaner through the middle...I don't really have a waist..Im pretty ruler shaped. I'd like to see more definition in my legs. But, yeah...I realize that for regular life Im pretty lean and in good shape. I'd like to put on more mass...so if I were to lean out more I could see where my weak spots are.

Im (unfortunately) not divorced yet. Let's just say Im not my husbands type. And I never could be, and I could care less Anyway...he wouldnt step foot in a gym to save his life...unless it was to sit in a hot tub with a drink, lol. I probably outweigh him by 20 lbs...

Cool

Soooo...I have to say I have suffered the worst DOMS in my legs/lower body (since my Mon/Fri leg workouts) that I've felt in maybe 2 years. I'm really thrown off base here...my lifts both days were my usual intensity and if anything else lighter than usual. The only difference? The deload the week before..really curious as to what is happening in my body...wondering if this is usual after a deload, etc.

Anyway...back/bi's today. Shortened workout b/c there were too many people I knew in the gym and I promised to take my kids to Six Flags today, so I had to get in and out...

Pull ups:
    6 x 6 (sets alternate between 6 continuous pull ups and 6 squat jump pull ups)

Preacher Curls (my nemesis):
    12 @ 45 lbs
    8 @ 50 lbs
    5@ 55 lbs
    6@ 55
    12 @ 45 lbs

T-bar rows:
    12 @ 60 lbs
    10 @ 70 lbs
    8 @ 80 lbs
    10 @ 80 lbs

Standing barbell curl
    12 @ 40 lbs
    8 @ 50 lbs
    6 @ 50 lbs
    6 @ 50 lbs

Close grip pull down
    12 @ 60 lbs
    12 @ 70 lbs
    10 @ 80 lbs
    7 @ 90 lbs
    6 @ 100 lbs

Felt OK. My elbows have been achy as I add more weight to bi lifts. Rocked an Animal Planet temporary tattoo of spiders around my left bicep today, courtesy of my daughter, Isabel (age 13). Saw more morbidly obese people in one spot (the water attraction at Six Flags) than Ive seen in a long time...unfortunately including children. OH and my rant of the day...I packed Axel (my 3 yr old) a sandwich as well as some grapes and apples to take to the park with us. They were confiscated at the gate...I was told you can only bring food for little kids into the park if it's packed in small bags, like single serving packs of crackers, etc. So they took all my stuff and as I walked into the park the family next to me pulled out freezer sized bags of Cheetos they'd brought with them, which apparantly were acceptable. WTF?! So I had to spend $25 on the healthiest food I could find there, which were soft pretzels. At least they let me keep my waters...

Rockin my macros lately, too..keepin it under 1900 cals and meeting protein and fats...thanks to juliacheh for turning me on to the "daily burn" website...it really helps!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Felt OK. My elbows have been achy as I add more weight to bi lifts. Rocked an Animal Planet temporary tattoo of spiders around my left bicep today, courtesy of my daughter, Isabel (age 13). Saw more morbidly obese people in one spot (the water attraction at Six Flags) than Ive seen in a long time...unfortunately including children. OH and my rant of the day...I packed Axel (my 3 yr old) a sandwich as well as some grapes and apples to take to the park with us. They were confiscated at the gate...I was told you can only bring food for little kids into the park if it's packed in small bags, like single serving packs of crackers, etc. So they took all my stuff and as I walked into the park the family next to me pulled out freezer sized bags of Cheetos they'd brought with them, which apparantly were acceptable. WTF?! So I had to spend $25 on the healthiest food I could find there, which were soft pretzels. At least they let me keep my waters...
    Nice lifting there Kim! LOL at all the Hams gathered by the water at Six Flags! That is quite sad all the 10yrs olds that weigh like 150, good lord, put down the Snickers bar and pick up a dumbbell! That makes me rage about the food (I smuggle my own food in everywhere) but seriously Kim, you know when you do that you have to shove the snacks down your pants to get through the water park pat-down! Cargo pants are your friend, brb shoving 4 sammiches, 3 pieces of fruit, pack of peanuts, and a Muscle Milk in my pockets.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Thumbs up

Hobbes u are brilliant, lol! And I always have my 3 kids and a friend or two so we can smuggle in 3 or 4 times that amount, lol

San Antonio is in the top 10 of obese cities in the country, I think. It's the kids, even toddlers, who are really huge that I feel for...what a huge burden to place on their backs...and placed there by the parents in most cases. Im no perfect parent...my kids eat junk sometimes...but I know when enough is enough..and I know if one of my kids was heading towards obesity Id stop it before it happened. What is sad is that I live in a fairly affluent area of SA, and we have a private pool/club. The kids there are all thin and healthy..its highly unusual to see chubby kids. So a lot of it has to do with poverty/social class/education, which is sad.

ok..off my soapbox and into bed, lol..night all!!

Smile 5/23

OK...so another weird training day today. Started lifting this am, then got called to the kids club b/c my toddler was hurt; so I had to leave and go back tonight.

So in the am:

dips:
    15, 12, 10, 8

In the pm:

Dips:
    3 x 10
    Incline Bench Press w/ bar: No spot/these are weak.
    12@ 45lbs
    10@ 65 lbs
    8 @ 75 lbs
    8@ 80 lbs
    Close grip press alt w/ skull crushers (so 2 movements per rep):
    12 @ 30 lbs
    12@ 30
    12@ 40
    12@ 40
    Flat bench press w/ dumbells:
    15 @ 22.5 lbs
    15 @ 25 lbs
    15 @ 30 lbs
    10 @ 35 lbs
    5 @ 40 lbs (P.B)
    Cable tri pull down on straight bar:
    15 @ 60 lbs
    8 @ 70
    9 @ 70
    9 @ 70
    8 @ 60

Tried to finish off with push ups; but Ive hurt my elbow somehow..it's killing me; so I did 2 sets of 8 and gave up. Icing it right now....

Legs tommorow at 5 am...night all!

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by dawndm View Post

I fully endorse the sentiments expressed above. ^^^

You look pretty damn incredible IMO (regardless of age). Always admired the avi.... even more impressed at the whole package!

Not your type? Obviously your ex-husband is insane.

Well done!

Red face

Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    I fully endorse the sentiments expressed above. ^^^

You look pretty damn incredible IMO (regardless of age). Always admired the avi.... even more impressed at the whole package!

Not your type? Obviously your ex-husband is insane.

Well done!
    Hey, thanks. It's nice to know the hard work has paid off a bit Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    you have to shove the snacks down your pants to get through the water park pat-down! Cargo pants are your friend, brb shoving 4 sammiches, 3 pieces of fruit, pack of peanuts, and a Muscle Milk in my pockets.
    LMAO! I do this too!!!!!! I smuggle food in everywhere and people think I'm nuts..

Nice workouts here Kim, are you gonna give the NROL a whirl or just hold the course you're on?

Oh, and join the Divorced Club... it's nice and sunny over here
    -KimP

Smile

LMAO! I do this too!!!!!! I smuggle food in everywhere and people think I'm nuts..

Nice workouts here Kim, are you gonna give the NROL a whirl or just hold the course you're on?

Oh, and join the Divorced Club... it's nice and sunny over here
    Hey there...congrats! I know it's kind of a somber occasion but I can imagine the feelings of liberation and possibilities are amazing!

I'm still reading NROL. If I start it it will be in the summer. I have my trainer paid up for a while and Im going to finish his program.

O tay...LEGS BABY!

oh...nothing like a 5 am leg workout, lol...

Squats:
    warm up @ 15 w/bar
    15 @ 95 lbs
    12 @ 135 lbs
    12 @ 155 lbs
    10 @ 185 lbs
    6 @ 205
    and OHHHHHHH YEAHHHHH 5 @ 215...new PB

NOW, I will confess, Im not sure I went to parallel with the 215. My trainer says I was very close, but I stopped the movement as soon as I felt myself losing the natural curve in my back and leaning forward. According to NROL...this is when you should stop, and Ive always approached squats this way. As I get a feel for the heavier weight Im able to go lower...

Leg extension:

Different technique today. Very low weight (maybe 40 lbs?) Toes pointed out and butt really pushed against the seat while shins pushed against the pad. Movement from straight leg to maybe 45 degrees. Keeping tension on quads at all times. 4 sets of 30 reps.

Standing calf raises: 4 sets of 25...no clue what the weight was.

Bodyweight squats on bosu ball. 4 sets of 20. For two sets I had a 55 mm ball between my knees. I think my trainer made that up..

Lunges. 4 sets of 20. Done outside on a high curb..working on pushing off with a lot of power..

And then I went home, did carpool, and took a nap, lol. Waking up at 4 am kills me. Cardio and abs tonight, if I feel up to it..

Wed 5/25

Let's call this entry: Kim su@ks at Deads...

I haven't done them for months. My weights are pathetic; but I resolved to work harder and bring them up to par with the rest of my lifts. Beginning today...

Drum roll, please...

10 @ 95 lbs
    8 @ 145
    6 @ 165
    7 @ 165
    10 @ 145

LAME...I know. The trouble is my pathetic grip strength. At 165 I feel like I can't grip the weight; like it's going to fall at any second. I honestly think it is my grip strength alone thats keeping me from higher weight. I use the overhand grip b/c the one over one under feels too awkward for me. I guess I could use straps. I will not give up..I'll keep going at it once per week for a while and see how I do.

The good thing is that I felt the movement in all the right places; especially hams and hip flexors..no back issues, so at least my form is good.

Other than that; it was ab day

3 x 20 reps of leg lifts
    3 x 20 reps reverse crunches on bench
    3 x 20 reps weighted ball twists
    2, 1, 1 min planks (elbow still hurting...didnt want to push it on the planks)

cardio 45 min

and done

5/26

5 am training today; working shoulders.

Power clean and press: wider grip, these kick my a@@ big time, and get my heart rate going like crazy..but once you get going with them and you're knowcking out 10-20 reps you look kind of bad ass I think
    20 reps w/ bar
    13 reps 55 lbs
    10 reps 55 lbs
    8 reps 55 lbs

Rear delt machine: single arm
    4 sets 20...I think going from 30-50 lbs

Military press/seated
    4 sets 20, 15, 12, 10 (didnt note weight)

Upright row:
    20 reps w/ bar
    15 reps 55 lbs
    12 reps 55 lbs
    10 reps 55 lbs

Side lat raise:
    20 reps 8 lbs
    20 reps 10 lbs

Really trying to work on rear delts/side delts...I think Im a bit weaker there than front, as far as size goes. Felt strong, shoulders super pumped...

Cardio : 22 min HITT sprints...hated every minute of it..
    Last edited by bosgirlin09; 05-26-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Red face

Ok, well I came in at like 2200 cals today, lol...and a crazy number of carbs, like 280! Oh well, I was starving after my hard lifting and the sprints. And yesterday my macros were like 1700 cals...hopefully it will all even out in the end. At least Ill have lots of energy to lift tommorow!

Let's call this entry: Kim su@ks at Deads...

LAME...I know. The trouble is my pathetic grip strength. At 165 I feel like I can't grip the weight; like it's going to fall at any second. I honestly think it is my grip strength alone thats keeping me from higher weight. I use the overhand grip b/c the one over one under feels too awkward for me. I guess I could use straps. I will not give up..I'll keep going at it once per week for a while and see how I do.
    Those are not bad numbers at all for just doing them again for the first time in x months! I really really find that in order to increase your dead numbers you must work on your lower back and core. I 100% recommend doing supermans (prone cobra) and trying to hold them for first 1 min, then 2. Also doing planks increases your core strength, for me, this worked so much better than doing a bajillion situps and crunches.

Also check out what I posted to mrmbm yesterday in my journal about using Versa Gripps. Although I really believe you need to work on grip strength there is a point where I don't want to sacrifice my leg and back workout due to my horrible grip. Straps are just necessary in some conditions

Ok, well I came in at like 2200 cals today, lol...and a crazy number of carbs, like 280! Oh well, I was starving after my hard lifting and the sprints. And yesterday my macros were like 1700 cals...hopefully it will all even out in the end. At least Ill have lots of energy to lift tommorow!
    LOL! Yesterday was high carb day for both of us! I had over 200g carbs as well and then weighed less on this mornings weight in, whatever
    -KimP

Those are not bad numbers at all for just doing them again for the first time in x months! I really really find that in order to increase your dead numbers you must work on your lower back and core. I 100% recommend doing supermans (prone cobra) and trying to hold them for first 1 min, then 2. Also doing planks increases your core strength, for me, this worked so much better than doing a bajillion situps and crunches.

Also check out what I posted to mrmbm yesterday in my journal about using Versa Gripps. Although I really believe you need to work on grip strength there is a point where I don't want to sacrifice my leg and back workout due to my horrible grip. Straps are just necessary in some conditions

LOL! Yesterday was high carb day for both of us! I had over 200g carbs as well and then weighed less on this mornings weight in, whatever

Urggh..after that post I had 2 glasses of wine and some cookies. Oh well...today is another day!

I'm going to try the grips and/or straps next time. I've been working on my grip strength with my trainer, my forearms and wrists have been killing me! And I think my lower back/core is good...but I keep on working those. I'll see what I can do...If my deads are never the greatest I guess that will be OK...what bugs me is that in theory my deads should be better than my squats..(OB back squats 215/PB front squats 165) so they are waaayyy off.
    Last edited by bosgirlin09; 05-27-2011 at 05:31 AM.

Yeah that is kind of odd. I don't think I've ever seen someone who has stronger squats than deads. But hey, we're all different. Everyone's got their strong muscles.

I bought some grippy springy things at the sports shop to help with my grip. I keep them on my desk at work and pick them up during the day when I'm just sitting around and squeeze squeeze squeeze.

You're such a lush with your wine
    -KimP

5/27...

OK...lame training day..did a little more than 1/2 my w/out and started talking to a trainer and ran out of time to finish...was feeling tired anyway, so maybe it's for the best..I was getting frustrated w/ my lifts..

Pull ups: 6 x 6 (alt between consecutive pull ups, squat jump pull ups, and holding the up position as long as possible w/ slow decline)

T-Bar row:
    12 X 60 lbs
    10 x 70
    8 x 80
    8 x 90

Preacher curl w/ ez bar:
    10 @ 45 lbs
    6 @ 55 (huh?!)
    5 @ 55 lbs
    8 @ 50 lbs
    8 @ 45 lbs

Lat wide grip pull down:
    12 @ 60
    12 @ 70
    12 @ 80
    10 @ 90

and thats all I did, lol..Ive got some small dumbells here..maybe I'll do some 21's to get a bit more bi work in. And I'll try to get some cardio done, too..