getfit12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Changing my life.

Good day everyone,

First time poster.

I started about say three weeks ago. I would like to start seeing 1-2 pounds a week start coming off. Last two weeks I have not seen that (zero loss). I now feel physically stronger and can run for longer distances and less tired at the end. Overall I feel way better and not tired at all and have more energy. Here is what I'm doing.

Some stats.
    5.5 197 pounds.

I have started doing the losing fat for noobs. I'm trying to get to 160. Below is my routine.

Morning.
    Bowl of fruit.

Lunch
    Salad, no dressing.

Workout > Banana before the workout and whey shake afterwards. Followed by dinner.

Dinner
    Some kind of chicken or fish with salad. Sometimes with a grain like rice.

My workouts.
    Monday > Weights and 40min cardio. 20min bike and 20min elyptical.

Tuesday > 20min cardio. Bike.

Wednesday > Weights and 40min cardio again.

Thursday > 20min cardio. Bike.

Friday > Weights and 40min cardio.

Saturday > Rest and maybe light jog.

Sunday > Rest.

Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jenc1125 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Read the stickies here and in the nutrition forum.
    And eat more. Good lord!

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi getfit12, where ya from?

you said you started doing the "losing fat for noobs." Do you mean this thread ? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741 If not then definitely check it out! Congrats on the decision to change your life for the better, you will not regret it! You don't have to count calories for your life but I would recommend for a little while so that way you will have a better idea of how much you actually consume and you can physically see how much a serving really is. Good luck and keep us updated
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kingreyez is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    eat more and be patient

MayedBO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your not having enough food , 1st of all you should know that its all about diet more than workinout .. i use to do exactly the way you were doin and endup losing nothing.

but after reading and asking , i noticed that i must have 5 meals a day every 3-4 hrs to boost my metabolism to avoid having my body switchin to the starvation mode " What to eat and when to eat "

keep it up .

In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MayedBO View Post

but after reading and asking , i noticed that i must have 5 meals a day every 3-4 hrs to boost my metabolism to avoid having my body switchin to the starvation mode " What to eat and when to eat "
    Are you kidding me?!

OP, I hope you know to completely ignore the above post.
    275->180->248... Next stop, 150

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ---Rocky Balboa

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

DISCIPLINE + PATIENCE = SUCCESS

scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) scvo88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah bro, read the stickies and eat more. I guarantee that you will fall off the wagon in a couple days if you don't change your diet.

Originally Posted by Brklyns_Finest View Post
    Are you kidding me?!

Thanx , i guess who knows enough about diet , understands what am talking about ..

arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arigra123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP, count calories for a day or two. I am pretty sure you are underestimating your calorie intake.

Oh and I agree with Brooklyn, ignore Dr. MayedBO..
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
    ^^ Magic Thread - Guaranteed to solve over 50% of your problems and questions.

Here you go and thanx for calling me Dr. appreciate it lool

"Most diets restrict your calories and slow down your metabolism. This causes your body to go into starvation mode. In starvation mode, your body burns very few calories and experiences extreme hunger pangs.

Fortunately, there is a solution. Eat 5 - 6 healthy, small meals per day. Men should shoot for 6 meals a day while women should try to get in 5 meals per day. Yes, you heard me right and you may have heard it before, but please take notice this time. Frequent, small, healhy meals provide a number of benefits that will help you reach the highest fitness level possible.

Increase Your Metabolism:

Eating 6 meals a day will boost your metabolism, helping you to burn more calories all day long.

In fact, by eating super-clean, high protein foods at each of your six meals, you will find that your metabolism goes into overdrive, becoming extremely efficient at burning off calories" By Kim Roach A Fitness Reporter at HealthyEveryDay

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A few tips if you want them- from

1. count calories- after reading the stickies determine a calorie point thats good for you. then stick to that point for at least 3 weeks without changing, no matter the day by day results- your body goes through water and glycogen refill cycles that can confuse you into thinking you've gained or lost more than you have. When you change your calorie points, do it in 100 calorie increments, and stick to it for 3 weeks at least again. Don't try to cut more than 500 cal deficit- It's just not a long term way to live and your more likely to quit

2. accurately count calories- get a digital food scale at walmart- many people look at portions and guess and are usually Way off. Use a measuring cup for fluids. You will need to do this a while to really learn how much your eating. I know it sounds ocd, but it will help you change forever

4. Pick a macro point and plan you meals around it. I use, and many others 40%protein 40% carbs 20%fat- Basically the easiest way to do it is make sure you get your 1g of protien per lean body mass pound first- Then eat the rest carbs- It will just kinda fall in place. Many people choose to do low carb,which works, I just don't find it a life long sustainable way to live. And fyi, I've lost over 145lbs in less than a year eating 40% carbs

5.Don't worry about food timing- Eating at certian times of day, every hour, not before bed, or anything like that- eat when you want , just hit your calorie(and macros) every day

6. Exercise- First and foremost weight training- maintain or build muscle mass and it will increase your base calorie usage per day(not a whole lot like some claim though). Then about 30 min of cardio at least 3 times a week. The cardio believe it or not isn't act needed for weight loss, it does help create a bigger calorie deficit. However it is good for your heart and cardio vascular system so you should do it.
    Intelligent individuals learn from every thing and every one; average people, from their experiences. The stupid already have all the answers.

RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great work, keep it up!

Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bohdizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i noticed that i must have 5 meals a day every 3-4 hrs to boost my metabolism to avoid having my body switchin to the starvation mode " What to eat and when to eat "
    I'm sorry if this seems uncalled for but you are the stupidest person i have seen all night.

RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bohdizzle View Post
    I'm sorry if this seems uncalled for but you are the stupidest person i have seen all night.
    it is uncalled for...

That bro science 5 meals a day and starvation mode crap has been around a loooooong time and some people still dont know that its all just crap. Give the guy a break...

MayedBO
    The 5 meals a day every 3-4 hrs to boost metabolism to avoid starvation mode has been proven over and over to not be true. Please do not spread these lies around to more people.

OP
    You need a new diet... read the stickies.
    Need some Motivation?
    https://www.********.com/Motivation.Inspiration

“Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice”

BodyGroups

█▬█ I Bring It █▬█

█▬▬▬▬▬█ Family Strong
    ✞웃웃웃웃웃✞

HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HarleyRen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you're barely getting any protein man.

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here you go and thanx for calling me Dr. appreciate it lool

"Most diets restrict your calories and slow down your metabolism. This causes your body to go into starvation mode. In starvation mode, your body burns very few calories and experiences extreme hunger pangs.

Fortunately, there is a solution. Eat 5 - 6 healthy, small meals per day. Men should shoot for 6 meals a day while women should try to get in 5 meals per day. Yes, you heard me right and you may have heard it before, but please take notice this time. Frequent, small, healhy meals provide a number of benefits that will help you reach the highest fitness level possible.

Increase Your Metabolism:

Eating 6 meals a day will boost your metabolism, helping you to burn more calories all day long.

In fact, by eating super-clean, high protein foods at each of your six meals, you will find that your metabolism goes into overdrive, becoming extremely efficient at burning off calories" By Kim Roach A Fitness Reporter at HealthyEveryDay
    Meal frequency has little to no effect on the metabolism / weight management. Bodyweight comes down to the caloric energy ingested vs caloric energy expended

Several epidemiological studies have observed an inverse relationship between people's habitual frequency of eating and body weight, leading to the suggestion that a 'nibbling' meal pattern may help in the avoidance of obesity. A review of all pertinent studies shows that, although many fail to find any significant relationship, the relationship is consistently inverse in those that do observe a relationship. However, this finding is highly vulnerable to the probable confounding effects of post hoc changes in dietary patterns as a consequence of weight gain and to dietary under-reporting which undoubtedly invalidates some of the studies. We conclude that the epidemiological evidence is at best very weak, and almost certainly represents an artefact. A detailed review of the possible mechanistic explanations for a metabolic advantage of nibbling meal patterns failed to reveal significant benefits in respect of energy expenditure. Although some short-term studies suggest that the thermic effect of feeding is higher when an isoenergetic test load is divided into multiple small meals, other studies refute this, and most are neutral. More importantly, studies using whole-body calorimetry and doubly-labelled water to assess total 24 h energy expenditure find no difference between nibbling and gorging. Finally, with the exception of a single study, there is no evidence that weight loss on hypoenergetic regimens is altered by meal frequency. We conclude that any effects of meal pattern on the regulation of body weight are likely to be mediated through effects on the food intake side of the energy balance equation.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brklyns_Finest View Post
    Are you kidding me?!

lol! look at MayedBO's profile, you inspire him bro!

VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HarleyRen View Post
    you're barely getting any protein man.
    How do you know?

OP, count your damn calories and reduce them. It is that easy. Make sure you are getting ~0.8-1.5g protein per pound of lean body mass that you have a day, fill the rest of your calories with whatever you like to eat. Stay under your maintenance level and thermodynamics demands a net loss of energy / loss of weight.

Ignore all other posters regarding "eat more" as well. People don't lose weight by eating more - it is ignorant to think so. Metabolism does "slow down" but it will never slow to the point of preventing weight loss. Read a history book about starvation, prison camps, genocide etc. Starvation mode must have skipped those millions.
    Lift 3x a week too
    Stay consistent, progress will show.