Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SupremeMachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5000 calories per day experiment

on vacation in europe so far been eating twice per day at buffets in keto style roughly eating around 5000 calories per day (i can eat like a competitive eater and have no limits at buffets lol) been going to the gym day on day off will see what results i get so far its been 5 days.

Wake up to get my cake up Lukelovesyoutoo's Avatar
    Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good luck, i'm interested in seeing the outcome. watch out for hidden carbs in the food, of course, you can't be of sure how the food was prepared.

TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TonyBear has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    wow, that's a lot of calories. I have a super-low metabolism and I can only eat around 1700 calories a day

Originally Posted by SupremeMachine View Post
    on vacation in europe so far been eating twice per day at buffets in keto style roughly eating around 5000 calories per day (i can eat like a competitive eater and have no limits at buffets lol) been going to the gym day on day off will see what results i get so far its been 5 days.
    I AM A LEFTIST REALIST. AND ACCORDING TO MY REALISM, THE ONLY OPTION THAT MARXISTS HAVE IN 2012 IS RON PAUL. RON PAUL IS THE ONLY SOLUTION USA HAS FOR 2012. ALL LEFTISTS OF THE USA SHOULD SUPPORT RON PAUL. HE IS THE ONLY MESSIAH SAVIOUR USA HAS. WE HAVE 2 OPTIONS: RON PAUL OR DEATH. FOR MORE INFO ON THE COLLAPSE OF USA GO TO http://www.paulcraigroberts.org and http://www.informationclearinghouse.info !!

Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    :O wow man haha, I can barely hit 3k on keto. I could easily hit 5k though when I was bulking to 230 with a regular diet. Defiantly want to see these results.
    We are the product of our influences. Originality is so hard to come by in this society.

***I Rape Back***

Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Shredded-Wolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You might gain some weight from all the sodium in the buffet though, so drink lots of water!!
    We are the product of our influences. Originality is so hard to come by in this society.

***I Rape Back***

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you're going to try and defy the law of energy balance with a keto binge?

In for pics lol.
    Just a weight lifter

Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TonyBear View Post
    wow, that's a lot of calories. I have a super-low metabolism and I can only eat around 1700 calories a day
    Unless you are diagnosed with hypothyroidism.. you don't have a slow metabolism. You're just sedentary.
    Just a weight lifter

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    So you're going to try and defy the law of energy balance with a keto binge?

In for pics lol.
    Some guy in the misc tried to say that his lifts are solely due to being vegetarian........................................ .....................

I love bb.com, sorry to thread jack everyone

Originally Posted by midcoastking33 View Post
    Some guy in the misc tried to say that his lifts are solely due to being vegetarian........................................ .....................

I love bb.com, sorry to thread jack everyone
    People are just really phucking dumb. I'm having a good laugh at the Lustig and Taubes thread at the moment, it's hilarious.
    Just a weight lifter

Wake up to get my cake up Lukelovesyoutoo's Avatar
    Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Lukelovesyoutoo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    People are just really phucking dumb. I'm having a good laugh at the Lustig and Taubes thread at the moment, it's hilarious.
    so you come into the keto section just to tell everyone they're wrong?

Originally Posted by Lukelovesyoutoo View Post
    so you come into the keto section just to tell everyone they're wrong?
    No, but there is a lot of misinformation being tossed around in here and there is a line between preference and fact from bullcrap.
    Just a weight lifter

Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DavyGrolton View Post
    Hai guyz, I iz gona eat 55000 caloriez per day of olive oile and I dont think I will gainz wait beecuz I wil be in keetoabolismzz

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Then you would be wrong. According to your retarded calculations you'd be consuming 100% fat, 0% protein, 0% carbs. Keto split is 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs. So whatever you would be trying to achieve would be just dumb. The average calorie requirement to maintain or lose weigh for a moderately active male age between 20-30 with body mass of between 170-200 lb is about 2300-2600 kcal a day, so consuming 55000 kcal a day according to your trolling would make no sense.
    65/30/5

Ron Paul 2012

"There is no failure, only feedback."

Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Discov3ry has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No, but there is a lot of misinformation being tossed around in here and there is a line between preference and fact from bullcrap.
    Man, you just won't give up, will you?
    65/30/5

Ron Paul 2012

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Discov3ry View Post
    Then you would be wrong. According to your retarded calculations you'd be consuming 100% fat, 0% protein, 0% carbs. Keto split is 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs. So whatever you would be trying to achieve would be just dumb. The average calorie requirement to maintain or lose weigh for a moderately active male age between 20-30 with body mass of between 170-200 lb is about 2300-2600 kcal a day, so consuming 55000 kcal a day according to your trolling would make no sense.
    honestly you just made no sense with that post. and He was simply alluding to the fact that eating 5000 kcals and whether it is Keto friendly or not it will still result in fat gain.

Man, you just won't give up, will you?
    You side with Gary fukcing Taubes and you don't know the difference between insulin sensitivity and insulin resistance.

You need to read a book.
    Just a weight lifter

You side with Gary fukcing Taubes and you don't know the difference between insulin sensitivity and insulin resistance.

You need to read a book.
    First of all, show me ONE evidence of me speaking of Taubes, just one.

Second of all, aware me when was it that I didn't know the difference between insulin sensitivity and insulin resistance.

Third of all, I asked you a simple question, and you pulled out a personal attack card, it speaks for itself.
    65/30/5

Ron Paul 2012

Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darkdashing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all, show me ONE evidence of me speaking of Taubes, just one.

Second of all, aware me when was it that I didn't know the difference between insulin sensitivity and insulin resistance.

Third of all, I asked you a simple question, and you pulled out a personal attack card, it speaks for itself.

dont be lured in by his trolling. He needs to look up cognitive dissonance. Also, as long as his comments are anonymous, and he can hide behind them, his stupidity and trolls will reign supreme.

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Darkdashing View Post
    dont be lured in by his trolling. He needs to look up cognitive dissonance. Also, as long as his comments are anonymous, and he can hide behind them, his stupidity and trolls will reign supreme.

He doesn't criticizes keto per se he criticizes the stupid believes some ketoers hold such as its superiority in terms of health and weight loss.

Hai guyz, I iz gona eat 55000 caloriez per day of olive oile and I dont think I will gainz wait beecuz I wil be in keetoabolismzz

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Originally Posted by mannydawg View Post
    honestly you just made no sense with that post. and He was simply alluding to the fact that eating 5000 kcals and whether it is Keto friendly or not it will still result in fat gain.
    Man, in the other thread I was trying to be sympathetic to you since you were getting blasted for anti-keto stance but damn you just proved that you're not worth discussing with. Read that troll's post again (if you don't recognize it as troll post then you're hopeless), he said 55,000 (as in thousand) calories in olive oil. The OP wrote it in some moronic way as to emphasize that whoever follow keto is a moron.

This is what you said in said thread:
    "I honestly have nothing against keto or ketoers" http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=68

How do you expect to be taken seriously?

So you still think that troll's post made sense and mine didn't?
    65/30/5

Ron Paul 2012

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Something you have to get used to when dealing with Cumonabus....you're not the only frustrated one man. Some people just can't hold an adult discussion, ya know?
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

Man, in the other thread I was trying to be sympathetic to you since you were getting blasted for anti-keto stance but damn you just proved that you're not worth discussing with. Read that troll's post again (if you don't recognize it as troll post then you're hopeless), he said 55,000 (as in thousand) calories in olive oil. The OP wrote it in some moronic way as to emphasize that whoever follow keto is a moron.

This is what you said in said thread:
    "I honestly have nothing against keto or ketoers" http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=68

How do you expect to be taken seriously?

So you still think that troll's post made sense and mine didn't?
    Yes his example was extreme but it was just to emphasize the stupidity of what OP is doing. He thinks eating 5k calories because its keto friendly will yield good results? I think not.

and you made no sense because you said there was a strict keto ratio which is untrue. One can achieve ketosis by simply omitting carbs from ones diet. Ratios don't really matter. I can eat 70% protein 25%fat and 5 % carbs and still be in ketosis. I can eat 50% protein 45% fat and 5% carbs and still achieve ketosis. Ketosis is not about ratios its about taking in very little carbs.

Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rugger7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    People are just really phucking dumb.
    o'rly?

Originally Posted by Darkdashing View Post
    I knew he was an arrogant, self centered troll from the first post I read. I'm not lured, I enjoy his egoistic, single sided, dictatorship like stance on dietary approach. It fuels my drive to learn even more about low carb life style. I find it inspiring.

And the fact that he randomly pops into the keto section just to piss off all the good folks who live by it, so what, he's nothing more then some average teenager who thinks he found the dietary holy grail, and anything else is wrong, he seems to operate on the principle of "it's either may way or the highway". Not the first, not the last.
    65/30/5

Ron Paul 2012

Yes his example was extreme but it was just to emphasize the stupidity of what OP is doing. He thinks eating 5k calories because its keto friendly will yield good results? I think not.

and you made no sense because you said there was a strict keto ratio which is untrue. One can achieve ketosis by simply omitting carbs from ones diet. Ratios don't really matter. I can eat 70% protein 25%fat and 5 % carbs and still be in ketosis. I can eat 50% protein 45% fat and 5% carbs and still achieve ketosis. Ketosis is not about ratios its about taking in very little carbs.
    Since when you're such an expert on keto?

Let's see:
    "I have thought about trying it in the past but because of the intensity of my training it would not be optimal for me" http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=68

You never tried it, you never lived it, how can you speak of it?
    65/30/5

Ron Paul 2012

He's right and you're wrong and you know it. His understanding of nutritional science > yours and you can't stand it so you attack his AGE. Pathetic.
    No, I don't know it. Please, enlighten me.
    65/30/5

Ron Paul 2012

Since when you're such an expert on keto?

Let's see:
    "I have thought about trying it in the past but because of the intensity of my training it would not be optimal for me" http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=68

You never tried it, you never lived it, how can you speak of it?
    Ok so your going to tell me lyle mcdonalds RFL diet does not achieve ketosis? Your going to tell me if i don't hit the magic 65/30/5 ratio I can't achieve ketosis.

I'm sorry but I do not have to have tried Keto to know the science behind it. Once you exclude CHO from your diet and you do not have enough glucose available you body goes through a metabolic shift and starts to produce ketones to supply your brain. This can be achieved through excluding CHO only. The fat and protein ratios don't matter. You can also acieve Ketosis if you fast for a few days.

You need to educate yourself a bit more on the science behind things before posting.

Ok so your going to tell me lyle mcdonalds RFL diet does not achieve ketosis? Your going to tell me if i don't hit the magic 65/30/5 ratio I can't achieve ketosis.

I'm sorry but I do not have to have tried Keto to know the science behind it. Once you exclude CHO from your diet and you do not have enough glucose available you body goes through a metabolic shift and starts to produce ketones to supply your brain. This can be achieved through excluding CHO only. The fat and protein ratios don't matter. You can also acieve Ketosis if you fast for a few days.

You need to educate yourself a bit more on the science behind things before posting.
    Brain relies on glucose for energy, even in keto state, you fail.
    65/30/5

Ron Paul 2012

Actually no, it doesn't. The brain can adapt to using ketones as a primary substrate.

You fail.
    this... In the initial stages of ketosis your brain relies less on ketones for energy roughly 40% but after prolonged ketosis the % keeps increasing.

oh laaaaawd

You really think we have to actually DO keto to understand it?

You're a joke man, seriously.
    Yes, you have to experience it on your own body before you decide to bash the knowledge of people who already have done it. Everyone reacts differently to keto, some hate it, some love it, some crash, others thrive on it. Your thinking reminds me of paper racers, comparing cars stats on the paper, saying which one's faster, until they get to the drag strip, and then number don't matter because in real life every single variable matters, and they all vary from person to person.
    65/30/5

Ron Paul 2012

Yes, you have to experience it on your own body before you decide to bash the knowledge of people who already have done it. Everyone reacts differently to keto, some hate it, some love it, some crash, others thrive on it. Your thinking reminds me of paper racers, comparing cars stats on the paper, saying which one's faster, until they get to the drag strip, and then number don't matter because in real life every single variable matters, and they all vary from person to person.
    Nope I do not have to try something to know the science behind it. And this knowledge you speak of, where is it? I haven't seen you post anything that shows that you have any knowledge of the science behind ketosis. Heck you believe you have to eat 65/30/5 to achieve ketosis which is hogwash.
    Last edited by mannydawg; 04-30-2011 at 09:01 PM.