chrapladm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skim milk and protein questions

I am new at the protein thing and have tried to do what I can.

I usually eat about 200g-230g of protein a day. This is pretty hard for me because I have a family of four and things in Australia cost alot. So usually I eat a 48g protein shake when I wake up. It has 99% fat free skim milk which states it has .3g of fat per 250ml serving. I usually use about 325-350 of skim milk with 2 scoops of whey protein. Put it in the fridge and drink it first thing in the morning(630am).

I then have to bike ride 20mins later after the drink to my work. It takes 25 mins to get there. Then I eat usually an apple and some tuna at break time(1030am). Tuna is about 30g of protein. Then at lunch I have whole cucumber, an apple again and then more tuna.(30g of protein again)

Then I try and eat whatever type of meat during the evening to almost get all of my protein for the day.

The last thing I do is to drink another protein shake with skim milk before I go to bed.

So my main problem is that I saw someone mention the body can only take in 40g of protein at a time and more is just wasted. Is this true? If so I need to make more smaller shakes.

Secondly, I know milk usually takes time to digest so it is not wise to have milk before taking supplements like protein or others. But is that true about skim milk also?

I usually struggle with the protein per day because of money and because I am trying to eat healthy and not fatty stuff.

I am going to add cottage cheese also at night time before bed also to help with the protein total.

But I also wonder are peanuts ok to eat?

I struggle with what I can eat that has fat in it. Peanuts are really the only thing I am wondering about. I will figure the rest out as far as fat.

SO skim milk no no or is it ok?
    More than 40gs or protein a waste?
    Do Peanuts have good fat or no?

Oh and if 40gs of protein is the limit a body can take in at once when can I eat/drink more protein?

Thanks to any one who can shed some light on these questions.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post
    So my main problem is that I saw someone mention the body can only take in 40g of protein at a time and more is just wasted. Is this true? If so I need to make more smaller shakes.
    Totally untrue.

Secondly, I know milk usually takes time to digest so it is not wise to have milk before taking supplements like protein or others. But is that true about skim milk also?
    Digestion speed is largely irrelevant. It's just nonsense that is used to help sell largely worthless supplements.

But I also wonder are peanuts ok to eat?
    If you like peanuts and they fit within your macronutrient budget, then why wouldn't it be ok to eat them?

More importantly, I get the sense from your post that you are truly clueless about nutrition. To start learning the basics, please see:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133634471
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821

mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike201011 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Protein abrorbtion of only 40g at a time is a load of bull$hit. Skim milk is ok to drink, altough I prefer 2% or whole because skim tastes like water to me. Peanuts are very good to eat as they are calorie/fat dense. Also the amount of peanut butter eaten from people on this site pretty much answers your question.
    Mike.

EDIT : Damn pug. Fast response was fast.

Well thanks for the info.

It is very hard at times with reading endless information in regards to nutrition. Thanks for the quick reply and I will try not to be "CLUELESS," anymore.

Seems to be every forum has them.....Anyways. Glad I can stick with my normal protein shake mix. And yes I read alittle, from the links, and see I am probably not getting the right amount of fat intake either. But that being said I will adjust accordingly and make changes to my diet.

Either way I have slowly been making my gains and goals seem to be within reach so this can only help. Better diet should help me get there.

Thanks

Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well thanks for the info.

It is very hard at times with reading endless information in regards to nutrition. Thanks for the quick reply and I will try not to be "CLUELESS," anymore.

Seems to be every forum has them.....Anyways. Glad I can stick with my normal protein shake mix. And yes I read alittle, from the links, and see I am probably not getting the right amount of fat intake either. But that being said I will adjust accordingly and make changes to my diet.

Either way I have slowly been making my gains and goals seem to be within reach so this can only help. Better diet should help me get there.

Thanks
    Pugs advice is legitimate, I pretty much owe my physique to the man for steering my in the right direction.
    Control group crew membership revoked 7/5/2022 1:50pm PST not proud.

Inb4 honorable FDA/CDC/NIH/WHO representatives

J.L.C,
    NextPound,
    mgftp,
    SillieBazzillie.

Originally Posted by Joseph1990 View Post
    Pugs advice is legitimate, I pretty much owe my physique to the man for steering my in the right direction.
    I am sure the advice is good. Just being labeled as clueless seems a bit much. Either way no big deal. Just glad to know the info.