pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50) pageturner will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Chicken Breast Freezing and Storage Questions

I have some questions about the ultimate meat:

1.) What's the longest time you'd keep fresh (or thawed) chicken breast in the fridge before cooking it, freezing it or throwing it out? (FSIS recommends "one to two days.")

2.) How long do you keep cooked chicken breast in the fridge before throwing it out?

3.) How does fresh chicken breast taste when you freeze it, thaw it, refreeze it, then thaw it and broil it?

In case it's relevant, for me, all thawing is done in the fridge overnight. And my most common cooking method is broiling.

Thanks for sharing.

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    1.) What's the longest time you'd keep fresh (or thawed) chicken breast in the fridge before cooking it, freezing it or throwing it out? (FSIS recommends "one to two days.")
    Usually by the date on the package, though I tend to never leave it sitting around for more than 3-5 days without either freezing or cooking it, depending upon how fresh it is. Butchered that day freshness can give that longer time period.

2.) How long do you keep cooked chicken breast in the fridge before throwing it out?
    At most, a week. But I never cook that much chicken at once. For my bulk cooking habits, I'm a twice a week cooker since I can not tolerate eating the same large meal everyday for that long.

3.) How does fresh chicken breast taste when you freeze it, thaw it, refreeze it, then thaw it and broil it?
    No. Just no.

But really, when you freeze the chicken, the water inside crystallizes and breaks apart upon thawing. That is why when you freeze a chicken breast in a bag, and then thaw it, there is a small amount of liquid now in the bag. This used to be the moisture in the chicken. When you do this yet again, you end up further depleting the chicken of its water. There is also the issue of sanitation. But in the end, ignoring possible health risks, it tastes funky.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have some questions about the ultimate meat:

In case it's relevant, for me, all thawing is done in the fridge overnight. And my most common cooking method is broiling.

Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.stilltasty.com